Start by marking “Get The Job You Really Want” as Want to Read:
Get The Job You Really Want

Get The Job You Really Want

Before rising to fame on the BBC's Dragons' Den, James Caan spent thirty years setting up and running recruitment companies, placing hundreds of thousands of candidates in the jobs they really wanted. Now in Get The Job You Really Want James brings his experience to bear to help everyone from recent graduates to CEOs in their hunt for their dream job, from identifying the ...more
Published March 1st 2011 by Viking (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Get The Job You Really Want, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Get The Job You Really Want

Deborah
Aug 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great book! Its simple and direct and makes you think. Most of it is common sense and some of it we take for granted.

This book,however, makes you consider the process in an objective way and adds another perspective to the process of Job Hunting.

Its straigh forward and easy to read.

I am glad I read it and I have picked up some good adive along the way.
Marius
Jun 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
I think it is a good book not only because it runs through the essential steps from finding a job opportunity to negotiating an offer, but also because it offers more subtle aspects of recruitment process such as purposeful interview performance. It seems like a good summary of current recruitment practices across many industries.
John Malley
Sep 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was essential to me landing my current job. I read this book my senior year of college before job hunting. This book does an excellent job about making you think of ways to stand out when applying for jobs.
Pravdomir Dobrev
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-development
Got me the job I really wanted, period.
Rory
Jan 18, 2017 rated it liked it
It's an ok read. Well written. Same stories as we've probably all heard several times.
Colin
Feb 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: extfriendly
Actually, this is an audio book rather than a proper book. A website offered it as a freebie so I thought I'd give it a whirl. Generally I would steer clear of a celebrity book, especially one in which all the chapters begin with the same letter but this one is pretty sensible and didn't make me grind my teeth too much. The subject material is set out very well and there are plenty of handy tips beyond the usual obvious ones.
I recognised the reader as someone I worked with in an e-learning proj
Cristian
Jun 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: self-improvement
This book is both, simple and complex. I liked the fact that Caan takes you through all the stages of searching and getting a job. However, a lot of the pages felt "too obvious" (although he always repeats the importance of learning the 101) and this made me lost a bit of interest in the reading. However, given the experience and know how of the writer, the book ends up being quite complete and it did had some key advices I didn't considered before. Overall, it will impact people at a different ...more
Eko Kurniawan
Jan 19, 2011 rated it liked it
This book provides some practical tips in getting your dream job, either within or outside the organisation you are currently working. The book is rather short, and I think is not as good as James Caan's previous book (The Real Deal) especially considering its relatively expensive price for a kindle book.
Banrion Cruimh Leabhar
it is a good book aimed at those with a few years experience more so than graduates. most of the book is common sense but at the end he lays out a 30 step process you can follow to help you find the right job for you. it didn't read like a self help more of a mentor guidance session. if you are in a career rut and you want an easy read and step by step process to follow this is the book for you
Skye Walker
Feb 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book made me think more critically what went wrong in my interviews that doesnt went well. Also, it raises questions upon question that I have never thought of before. Definitely a great book. Hopefully, what I have learnt from the book helps in my job application.
Paula Croskell
Jan 02, 2016 rated it liked it
As I'm currently trying to get the job I really want I thought that this would be helpful to read to give me any tips that might be useful. It did offer some good tips which I have made a note of so will give them a try. Would recommend this to anyone in the same situation.
Steven Young
Dec 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
The advice seems to make sense, is laid out logically, and the whole book is an easy read. I suppose I'll bump it up to 5 stars should I ever get the job I really want.
Veron Rodriguez
Mar 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hit the nail on the head. Simply written and very direct to the point. All job seekers should read it. It was a tremendous help.
Evie
May 29, 2017 rated it liked it
I bought this as a gift for someone. It simply told you what you already know. Good for someone starting out.
Liam Harper