Start by marking “Stopping Time and Old Habits (Wicked Lovely, #2.5, 2.6)” as Want to Read:
Stopping Time and Old Habits (Wicked Lovely, #2.5, 2.6)

Stopping Time and Old Habits

(Wicked Lovely #2.5, 2.6)

With "Old Habits," Melissa Marr returns to the ravishing world of Faerie with a story set between her bestselling novels Ink Exchange and Fragile Eternity. Recently anointed king of the Dark Court, Niall struggles to forge a new relationship with his subjects—and with the former Dark King, Irial, his once-friend, once-enemy, and now possible-advisor.

"Stopping Time" is an e

Published February 22nd 2011 by Harper Collins, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Stopping Time and Old Habits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stopping Time and Old Habits

Maria
Feb 28, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: wicked lovely series fans
Shelves: ya
Can i just say that Irial is among my fave characters in WL series (besides Devlin and Keenan)?

There's really not much in here though, just answers on unaswered questions in Ink Exchange. mostly Stopping Time revolved on Leslie-Iri-Niall love triangle (dunno if it is fit to call them that since they all love each other). Then Marr delved on Iri-Niall's complicated relationship in Old Habits.

what i love about Irial: he knows what he wants (and he goes after it), he knows what he is (and isn't af
Alyssa De jesus
Aug 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Irial and Niall

I just love these two :) Let me just say they are my favorite pair out of the bunch. Cheers!
Susan
Jan 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-read-2013

Stopping Time is a dark and hauntingly beautiful glimpse at what happens shortly after Ink Exchange leaves off. Melissa Marr never fails to disappoint, when it comes to bringing the stories that she tells to life with captivating attention to detail and dark beguiling imagery that has a way of drawing readers in and capturing their attention. It was wonderful to see Irial, Nial, and Leslie together again even if only from a distance in some instances. Stopping Time was so much more than just the

Amanda Rose
Stopping Time: It was so nice to go back to Leslie. I really, really liked her in Ink Exchange. I liked her strength and spirit, and those are both in play in this story. We also get more of Irial and Niall, so it was three of my four favorites all in one place. We see Leslie's emotions and relations to both of the boys, and a wonderful scene between Niall and Irial. Honestly, this was perfect. It wasn't the happily ever after that a fanfiction would have given, but that wouldn't have fit the ch ...more
Nomad
Mar 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: melissa-marr
Oh this was GOOD. Irial/Nial/Leslie are one of my favorite polyamorous trios in fiction and both of these short stories give you glimpses of their lives inbetween books. They also let you know that Irial and Nial have been having contact with Leslie, regardless of their protests to the contrary. It's not a lot of contact, but it's enough to whet the whistle for more.

These stories are moments in time and as that they are superb. However, they are just that and so without knowledge of the Wicked
Michaela
Stopping Time

I really enjoyed this short story because I liked reading more about Leslie and her realtionship with Irial and Niall. I liked reading about her trying to move on with her life while still keeping contact with the two fairie she loves. We also saw a soft side to Iri and his love for both Leslie and Niall, which I liked. Overall, another great story by Melissa Marr.

Old Habits

While I didn't like this as much as I did Stopping Time, tis was still a good story with Niall trying to adjus
Brianne
Jul 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fae, pnr
I really enjoyed stopping time much more than old habits, but they were both decent. The strange love-triangle becomes a little more explained... even though I sort of felt incomplete after reading this because I wanted to see more... but alas it shall not come. A good read if you like the Wicked Lovely series.
Booklover
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novellas, 2017
I really enjoyed these two short stories.

Niall and Irial have one of the most complex and interesting relationships of the series and I loved delving deeper into it. There was a lot of great character and relationship development which was a wonderful surprise.

I would recommend reading this before Radiant Shadows because a lot of things that happen in that book are foreshadowed here.
Kelly
Apr 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Wicked Lovely Fans
Shelves: fantasy, ya, faerie
Courtney
Sep 05, 2013 rated it liked it
You can also find these stories in Marr's collection of short stories, Faery Tales & Nightmares.
Alison Smith
Feb 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, fiction
It was pretty good. It's just been about a year since I've read the Wicked Lovely series and I had trouble placing which book these events took place in. But I love Melissa Mar's writing style and I wish she would have kept the story going for a little longer.
Cathy
Stopping time is sweet (if dark, as usual). Old Habits is very adult emotionally. I don't think I'd have gotten much of it as a kid, but kids these days are more sophisticated. Both are fun stories, worth the price for fans of the series.
Melissa
Jun 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Loved reading the in-between stories.
Viv
May 16, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Stopping Time shows the bittersweet Leslie-Iri-Niall love triangle. I have to say Irial is now my favorite character in the Wicked Lovely Series.
Brianna
was okay for being about lesile, irial and niall, but i am not a big fan about them.
Veronica
Oct 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
loved it.............
Leanne
Aug 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I was so glad to find this book. It answered so many of the questions that I had during the series, particularly after reading Ink Exchange.
Anne
Feb 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I read this first when it was release on the Rath I think. Stopping Time was also added to my paperback copy of Ink Exchange.
Amber
Feb 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Reading stopping time. I really love these in-between novellas.
luisa
Nov 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
i loved it. both short stories tell us more about the relationship of leslie, niall and irial and i love all three of them so very much.
Ashley
May 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful additions to Ink Exchange. I'm saddened by what Leslie must go through. Still hoping Niall can work it out with her.
Margaret

Loved it! What a great little accompaniment to the series!
Louisa
Aug 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Oh, this was a great introduction to Devlin, and The High Court, and yeah, loved it!
Brandee Terry
Sep 03, 2014 rated it liked it
I liked that these two short stories wrapped up some of the questions I had from the series.
~Linda~
Feb 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Meissa Marr has made a very happy reader!
Kyle
*2.5/5 Stars

Just bored the heck out of me.
Phyllis
Nov 10, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Loved more Niall and Irial stuff
Lisa
Sep 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: done-done
i liked these storise very intresting.
Chrissy Stoll
Jul 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Very good. Fills in the gaps after Ink Exchange.
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
I understood that less than I did the other books.

• Hellcursed (The Shadowfae Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Forever Enchanted (Fairies of Rush, #2)
  • Immortal of My Heart (Immortal Series, #2)
  • Sleeper Wakes (Blue Fire, #2)
  • Remedial Magic (Faeriewalker, #0.5)
  • King of the Isles (Men of the Isles, #3)
  • Highland Magic (Druid's Glen, #5)
  • Shadow Days (Nightshade #0.5; Nightshade World #3.5)
  • A Faerie Fated Forever (Forever, #1)
  • Deadman's Blood (Blood Series, #5)
  • Legend of the Mer (Legend of the Mer, #1)
  • Wraith's Awakening (Para-Ops, #0.5)
  • Awakenings (Kiera's Quest, #1)
  • Necromancer (Necromancer, #0.5)
  • Between the Realms (War of the Fae, #6)
  • Artistic Vision (The Gray Court, #3)
  • The Serpent Awakes (Faerie Path: Lamia's Revenge, #1)

Melissa Marr is a former university literature instructor who writes fiction for adults, teens, and children. She is best known for the Wicked Lovely series for teens, the Graveminder for adults, and her debut picturebook Bunny Roo, I Love You.

Her books have been translated into twenty-eight languages and been bestsellers internationally as well as domestically (NY Times, Los Angeles Times, USA T

Wicked Lovely (5 books)
  • Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1)
  • Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely, #2)
  • Fragile Eternity (Wicked Lovely, #3)
  • Radiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely, #4)
  • Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely, #5)