Start by marking “My Mom Has X-Ray Vision” as Want to Read:
My Mom Has X-Ray Vision

My Mom Has X-Ray Vision

Matthew believes his mother has x-ray vision because she always knows what he's doing. So one day he decides to test his theory. What wil he find out about his mother having super powers?
Published 2011 by Tiger Tales (first published January 4th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about My Mom Has X-Ray Vision, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Mom Has X-Ray Vision

Start your review of My Mom Has X-Ray Vision
Terry
My 3 boys LOVED this book. LOVED LOVED LOVED it! This really tapped into their natural love for superheroes. They couldn't get enough of reading and re-reading this book.
Alisha
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Matthew's mom always knows when he is getting into trouble. Maybe she has x-ray vision! Cute story about the super powers moms tend to have.
Christy
May 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
How do moms know what is going on when they are not in the same room? I'm sure this question has been asked many times by children and here is a simple and funny story that kids will laugh to. The illustrations are bold and colorful with cute characters. Children will enjoy the funny details to look at throughout the book. Even after reading it a second time, I still found some silly new thing to see that I missed the first time. I really liked this book and think your kids will too!
Alyssa Gudenburr
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
A super cute book about how a boy thinks his mom has x-ray vision.
Loraine
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a book every young child would love. How many times does a child ask "Mom do you have eyes in the back of your head?" Matthew doesn't always do what he is supposed to do. He never can figure out how mom can be in another room and still know what he is doing wrong. So he decides she must have x-ray vision, until he tricks her. The storyline is delightful and the illustrations are adorable. I plan to read this to my grandson when he comes next Sunday, and I know that he will thoroughly ...more
Tracey
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
diverse picture book (superheroes, superpowers, moms; older preschool/kinder ages 4 and up)
Large colorful pictures and an engaging, humorous plot make this a great choice for storytime if your kids will sit through it (I'm used to too many toddlers, so I am having trouble relating to preschool crowds these days). As a one-on-one readaloud you could read it to younger kids (3 years or so?)
Antoinette Scully
Very adorable. Mathew’s mom always seems to know what Mathew is doing in the other room. Could she be a superhero with x-ray vision? Mathew seems to think so!
•••
My kids thought this books was hilarious. They could relate to the illustrations and even wondered if their own mom might have some super hero powers. It’s cute and worth picking up.
Robin
Nov 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: smart
I'm not sure that my SMART reader really got the implications of why the mom's super powers were in question (real? not real?), but he was entertained by it.
Katrina Germein
May 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The first time I read My Mom Has X-Ray Vision I quite liked it. It’s about a cool mum who always knows what her son Matthew is up to and Matthew doesn’t know how she does it. He thinks perhaps she has a superpower and hatches a plan to see if he’s right. Nice book, I thought. Cute. I didn’t fall in love with it until I read it to a class of five and six-year-old children. They LOVED it, and then I did too. I’ve since tested it on other kids who also notice things in the book that I didn’t ...more
Ms. Kelly
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Matthews mom has X-Ray vision. She knows all kind of stuff that he's doing, EVEN WHEN SHE CAN'T SEE HIM!

We all know that Mom's have super senses. They just KNOW things. This book highlights that mystery in a super cute way. The language is simple and straightforward, mostly from Matthew's point of view, allowing the reader to enjoy the mystery of "How does she KNOW that?" The pictures are bright and colorful, and Mom kicks butt - groceries in one hand, superhero outfit draped over an arm.

But
Kristi Bernard
Sep 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Matthew has created a Super Hero Evidence Report on his mom. According to him she has x-ray vision. Her appearance is normal just like all the other moms except that she can see through things. At least he was pretty sure she could. When he was wrestling with a giant sea monster in the tub his mom shouted from downstairs to sit down in the tub. It seems that everything he does she sees from some other room. Of course he must share with his friend Emily that his mom is a superhero. Of course ...more
Sean Fowler
Nov 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Of course we all knew growing up that mom had x ray vision. We could never figure out how they were able to see everything and know what we were up to. This book follows a young boy whose mom is always aware of what he is doing. He started a Super Hero Evidence Report on his mom. The illustrations were great and gave a warm feel to the book. I would have just enjoyed flipping through the pictures as a kid.

Round Lake Area Public Library
Matthew thinks that his mom is a super hero because she always knows what he is up to even when she is not there to see him do it. Matthew finally asks his friend Emily if Mom's can have X-ray vision and she says she will ask her brother because he reads all of the super hero comics so he would know.

This is a cute story that reminds kids that parents are super heroes in their own right and they always know what you are up to. The illustrations really help get the boy's idea of his mom being a
Aleece
May 19, 2015 rated it really liked it

Bath Book Shop
Aug 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids, chelsea
Matthew just can't figure out why his mother always knows what he's up to. Pretty soon he comes to the conclusion that she must have x-ray vision - how else to explain it but superpowers?

The illustrations of Matthew's fantasies make this book - the dragon he's fighting? She's wearing a pair of old-school, cliche-librarian glasses. And his mother's closet it full of totally rad sixties' dresses (and a couple hidden Christmas presents.

So much fun!
Dolly
May 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with older children
This is a wonderful story and a tribute to moms everywhere who have x-ray vision (and/or just seem to know what children are up to, even without seeing them.) The illustrations are humorous and fun and remind me a lot of Lauren Child's style. The narrative is entertaining and the dialogue sounds vaguely familiar... We really enjoyed reading this book together.
Beyond the Pages
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Simply outstanding in every way! I loved, loved, loved this book. It was funny, it was playful, and it superbly captured those extra special supermom skills that so many of us possess. My son didn't want me to put it away. I hope there are more of these books. Delightful!

I secured this title at my local library.
Dana Lehman
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Matthew's mom knows everything. His only explanation is that she must have x-ray vision. The story is told from Matthew's point of view and it's exactly like a child would think. The story is funny and the illustrations are vibrant. My sons and I love the story! I have bought this book as a gift for my nieces and nephews and they enjoy it as much as we do.
Heather
Jul 31, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: from-library
Who hasn't said that their Mom has X-ray vision or eyes in the back of her head? A fun idea for a story. Not my favorite illustration style unfortunately. There were a couple of places that don't flow that well as a read aloud. After multiple reads I'm still not sure how to fill in and get over the issue.
Kelli Bratten
I would love to read this book to my students around mothers day! They would write a descriptive piece about their mom telling the reader all about their mom. We would also do a art project as a gift for their mother (not sure what project I would do yet!)Possibly a full body drawing with labels telling about their mom like their is in the front of this book.
Michele Knott
Fun story! The little boy imagines his mom has x-ray vision - that's the only explanation on why mom knows everything! Use the picture clues and have your child figure out how mom really knows everything. Of course, little does the boy know that his mom is really a super hero!
Paula
Why does mom have to wear the wonder woman outfit?
Nancy Jo Lambert
Mar 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, humorous
I think kids will like this book. I think they will enjoy the superhero aspect and the fact that it is the mom who is suspected as being a superhero. I can see some fun activities using this book with kids!
Elizabeth Meadows
Apr 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
Really cute! Young fella is pretty sure his mom has superpowers because she always seems to know what he's up to. When he conducts an experiment, he determines that his mom does NOT have x-ray vision, but perhaps has another superpower instead.
Dee-Ann
Fun book which was read to class at public library today. I wish I had super powers ... I wish however at the end that the mum did find the boy in the cupboard. The classs was not that enthused by book, which I think may refelct the number of kids without a mum at home.
Camille
May 20, 2013 rated it liked it
A boy believes his mom has superhuman powers, but puts her to the test to know for sure. Does she make the grade? This is a great book for a Mother's Day or Superhero storytime.
Heather
Sep 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
How does she always know? I used to wonder the same thing when I was younger. Fun read for younger children.
Kim Foy
Mar 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: family, comical
This is a hilarious book about a boy who believes that see mother is a super hero because she not only has x-ray vision, but she also has eyes in the back of her head.
Chris
Jun 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I loved this silly book. When my kids were growing up, I used to tell them I had eyes in the back of my head.
Michelle
Mar 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
How does mom *always* know what Matthew is up to? She must be a SUPERHERO! Great illustrations and lots of fun to read.

• I Want My Hat Back
  • Dear Boy,
  • Stella Brings the Family
  • Unicorn Is Maybe Not So Great After All
  • Sam, the Most Scaredy-cat Kid in the Whole World
Angela McAllister is an award- winning author of over eighty books for children, including picture books, junior fiction, non-fiction and novels. Her work has been adapted for the stage and is widely used in schools. It has been translated into more than twenty languages. She lives in the south of England.