Start by marking “What Happens When Women Walk in Faith: Trusting God Takes You to Amazing Places” as Want to Read:
What Happens When Women Walk in Faith: Trusting God Takes You to Amazing Places

What Happens When Women Walk in Faith: Trusting God Takes You to Amazing Places

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  643 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
From the author of What Happens When Women Say Yes to God comes a follow-up book that takes the reader the next step on her journey of faith.
Published July 1st 2005 by Harvest House Publishers

Mindi
Aug 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you long to make a change in your life, but haven't been able to get over that last hurdle? Then this is the read for you. Lysa shares intimate stories of how she feels like she's a bad wife and mother and is at the end of her rope. She endures pitfalls in her career and wants to throw in the towel. Ultimately, she decides to take control of her life and use her life lessons to help others.

I am positive that everyone will take something with them after reading this book. If you let go and le
Julia Reffner
Apr 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was very applicable to where I am in life right now (as often is the case with Lysa's books, but especially this one). I really enjoyed doing this study with P31 OBS. I love how Lysa includes reflection questions which require significant thought as well as biblical study for support. Lysa's journey of faith through adopting her children, attempting to adopt another one, publishing her first book, etc are some of the journeys she takes us through to show us how to walk in obedience wit ...more
Jerusha
May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so amazing. I love Lysa's writing style. This book explores five phases of walking in faith using Biblical examples from Biblical characters we all know of and can identify with. If you haven't identified with them at the beginning of this book, you sure will by the end! At the end of each chapter is a personal Bible study which allows you to dig even deeper into the Word to drive her points home. So many truths. So much worth in this. A must read for all Christian women.
Rebeccah C. Graves
Proverbs 31 online Bible study was another amazing read. This book that was written 10 years ago still had so much relevance today. Lysa's great at painting a story of faith from a real woman's outlook. I went through SO many things personally during reading this book and I truly know God had a purpose for me reading this book when I did!
Andrea
Jun 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is outstanding, as much because of the writing as because of the timing. I happened to be reading it during a time when the stages of faith in the book just happened to coincide with events in my life. It was really amazing to read and really lean into God during this time.
Shelly Mendenhall
Loved this book. Read it a couple of years ago.
Missy Baroff
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Has God given you a dream or desire to be more for Him or be used by Him in ministry, yet, it just doesn't seem to be happening? I know I've been there. Actually, I spent a lot of years there, and it has only been recently that God started moving on my desire. Oh, how I wish I would have read this book sooner.

Lysa TerKeurst's "What Happens When Women Walk in Faith" is a book about following your God-given dreams, yet it is about so much more. In her book, Lysa equips us with the encouragement an
Jaclyn D Smith
Aug 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A new Beginning

As I read through each chapter I could feel so many emotions brought to life that I had hidden deep in my heart for fears that society and the devil bring upon us. I feel this book opened my heart for a new beginning. I came expecting to grow and I feel I have. If you are looking for answers within yourself lately and know that they need to come from God but you are just not sure of if it is God's voice, your voice or the devil pulling you in a direction, I encourage you to read t
Stacey
May 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: studies, 2015
I think what I needed this book for at this time was the reminder of the different stages of dreams. I had forgotten that dreams are resurrected. Now, it may not look like I thought, and I don't think all dreams come out of the death phase, but I forgot there was anything past that phase at all. It was good to be reminded.

I think if I had done this with a group face to face I would have put more time in answering the questions at the end of the chapters, though not all of the questions at the e
Jill
Mar 17, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy Lysa TerKeurst. I think she writes in a very real and relatable way. I also enjoyed how she wove together stories from the bible with her own experience. I think this book is good for those who might feel themselves in a place of uncertainty, a place of waiting, or a place of not feeling right in their own skin. Her ideas and assurances about being in that place would bring me comfort. I likely would have gotten more out of the book had I been better about engaging in the personal study ...more
Tasha enderby
May 25, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
What a great way to transition into summer! This is my summers kick off read and it was a good read. For me the steady theme being repeated and forcing us to open the scriptures instead of adding them all in is a great challenge and biggest reward. I want to skip it giving me the excuse that I have read it, I know what it says. The truth has a new depth each time you read it so I challenge you that if you give yourself the same excuse then choose a new bible translation to use so it will be new ...more
Carolyn Reardon
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book came at a time in my life I needed it. I read it for Proverbs 31 online Bible Study. You will get out of this book what you put into reading it and the scriptures given it it. The five phases of faith are well described in a simple a forward way with the scriptures to back them up and to help you as you go through them. I liked that Lysa TerKeurst shared her life through these phases and how she came through. It made me realize that I as a woman can do the same.
Amy
Apr 14, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
More like 3.5 stars. I really enjoyed it, but not the favorite study I have done, hence the lower rating. I thought it was a book full of great scripture and testimonies from the author. She challenged me in areas and gave me hope in those areas that seemed lost. She has an easy to follow style and is not afraid to share her past experiences that were difficult or emotional for her. Very relatable.
Irene
Oct 07, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Her life that she portrays in this book resonances with my life. No matter what we are doing and our different background, people who walk in faith with Holy Spirit's guidance will always go through this phases in life.

It is very encouraging book and a lot of testimonies that are not hard to believe the truthfulness of her story!

Recommended to everyone, especially those who are have hard times to stand firm in trials.
Gina
Apr 12, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good book. It's simple, not complicated. It's good because of the timing. I have been reading it during a time when all these phases are playing out in my life. Very enlightening, eye opening & encouraging to read, learn & apply what I've learned as I lean into God during this time. Lysa TerKeurst is a gifted writer & I'm thankful that God's given her this gift!
Hannah
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm so surprised I failed to add this last year. This book was very helpful to me in embracing God's vision for my life and talking through big decisions and surrenders with Him. God used it particularly as part of a big work He did in my life, teaching me to walk in faith, especially as related to my leaving home and marrying Matthew.
Becky Schaffer
May 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful!

This book is an amazing journey for a woman in her walk of faith! I have followed Proverbs 31 Ministry for years and had the pleasure of hearing Lysa speak. This is a book I would recommend for anyone in their walk of faith and it doesn't matter where they are at in it.
Sandy Schubert
Aug 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing Book - using this in our women's small group in church. Lysa has an incredible way of sharing life experiences and tying them to God's truths in ways that women can relate to. I have been challenged and inspired by this book.
Brenda Garrett
Mar 03, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book helps people to trust God. We need to trust that we can really be forgiven of all our sins when we trust in God's sacrifice of Jesus. When we do that then we can know for certain that when we die we will go to heaven.
Doris Herrmann
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
God brought this book and the Proverbs 31 book study into my life as my mother was ending her struggle with cancer. The timing was amazing as I was facing burying her while also helping my father. I can't tell you what this book meant to me, and to my walk in faith.
Leanne Storey
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was very insightful and uplifting regarding our faith and how to REALLY WALK in it. If I took away one thing, it was that time with God, in his word, getting to know HIm better, is the only way to walk in faith.
Michelle M.
I love this author, speaker, and Bible teacher. I have read many of her books & have loved them, sadly, this book was not one of them. The subject matter was great & informative, but the writing style and stories seemed a bit "clunky"...nothing seemed to flow together.
Cassandra
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an AMAZING book for anyone that wants to strengthen their faith. It describes the journey we take when we trust God completely to lead your life. This is the second time I read this book and I still get so many bits of wisdom from it.
shannon schiebel
Awesome book on faith

This book really makes you look deep into the root of your faith and where you need to be with God. Faith is what you don't see but what God is leading you towards.
Kayla
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book.
Jeannie Marie
May 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Bible study. I tried to do the online study with it, but it moved fast and I didn't have time to study in depth. I am now going back over it and answering the questions more thoughtfully.
Karen
very inspiring!
Tracy Ford
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Read

I chose this rating because this book is what I needed at the time. It helps those whose Faith slips from time to time. This book will be a lifelong reference book.
  • The Mended Heart: God's Healing for Your Broken Places
  • Living So That: Making Faith-Filled Choices in the Midst of a Messy Life (InScribed)
  • 5 Habits of a Woman Who Doesn't Quit
  • Taming the To-Do List
  • The 7-Day Doubt Diet
  • One in a Million: Journey to Your Promised Land
  • Keep It Shut: What to Say, How to Say It, and When to Say Nothing at All
  • A Perfect Mess: Why You Don't Have to Worry About Being Good Enough for God
  • You're Already Amazing: Embracing Who You Are, Becoming All God Created You to Be
  • Limitless Life: You Are More Than Your Past When God Holds Your Future
  • David Seeking a Heart Like His
  • Killing Jesus: The Hidden Drama Behind the World's Most Famous Execution
  • In Pursuit of Peace : 21 Ways to Conquer Anxiety, Fear, and Discontentment (Meyer, Joyce)
  • Captured by Grace: No One Is Beyond the Reach of a Loving God
  • The Gospel of Ruth: Loving God Enough to Break the Rules
  • The Magnificent Obsession
  • You'll Get Through This: Hope and Help for Your Turbulent Times
  • A Modern Girl's Guide to Bible Study: A Refreshingly Unique Look at God's Word
Lysa TerKeurst is a New York Times bestselling author of 18 books including The Best Yes, Unglued, and Made to Crave.

As president of Proverbs 31 Ministries, Lysa and her team connect with millions of women a day and can help equip you to:
• Make the Bible come alive whenever you read it.
• Discover how to develop inner peace and security in any situation.
• Replace doubt, regret and envy with truth,
More about Lysa TerKeurst...

“You can’t go on this grand adventure with God and keep your old way of thinking.” 2 likes
“Feelings follow correct behaviors, not the other way around. Make right choices to honor God, and your feelings will eventually catch up. And though at first following God this way may appear to make your life harder, it actually does the exact opposite. It makes your attitude more in line with His, thus enabling you to weather whatever comes your way.” 2 likes