Start by marking “13 Drops of Blood” as Want to Read:
13 Drops of Blood

13 Drops of Blood

13 Drops Of Blood is the first collection from one of the more exciting new voices in horror, James Roy Daley. A man of many disciplines (novelist, editor, musician), this book features tales which run the gamut of style and subject; in other words, the stories are as eclectic as their author. What does not waver throughout the collection is Daley's undeniable craftsmanshi ...more
Nook, 158 pages
Published December 17th 2010 by Necon Ebooks (first published October 29th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about 13 Drops of Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 13 Drops of Blood

Frank Errington
Feb 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Not a home run, but definitely an extra base hit...

OK, not sure why I used a baseball analogy for the title of this review. "13 Drops of Blood" has nothing to do with the great American pastime. Must just be that time of year.

This collection of short stories is my first exposure to James Roy Daley. I wasn't sure I was going to like this since it's one step above being self-published (James owns the publishing company, Books of the Dead Press) and I did find a few errors, that a better proofread
Beverly
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: anthology
I always hate it when I don't like a book because I feel like I'm being hateful to the author and someone else might really like it. But every once in awhile, I just can't find enough good about a book that can rescue it from "I didn't like it". Although this book is titled "13 Drops of Blood", there was enough blood and guts to have had it titled 13 Gallons of Blood. Some of the stories didn't even mention blood but those that did took quite the perverse pleasure in it. One of the stories was a ...more
Jennifer Barstad
Interesting

There was a hint of horror, but some parts were actually kind of funny. That might just be me though.
Mandy DeGeit
Nov 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Gory and graphic, Daley's writing takes the reader into his world of intense horror with the thirteen stories contained within these pages.

This collection offers something for everyone, as the author covers different themes with his stories, including horror, monsters, zombies, sci-fi/fantasy and dark humour. While every story may not appeal to all readers, 13 Drops Of Blood offers a broad selection of stories and every one should be able to find one (or more) they like.

Daley's excellent ability
Ana Mardoll
Jul 09, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: ana-reviewed
13 Drops of Blood / 2940011997488

"13 Drops of Blood" is a collection of short horror stories from indie author James Daley. I picked up the collection during an online sale and while they didn't turn out to be completely my cup of tea, I want to acknowledge talent where it is due.

The short stories contained in this collection are a combination mish-mash of straight-up horror and fantasy horror -- the reader will follow various characters through worlds with supernatural elements and worlds that
megHan
Oct 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
This is yet another book of horror shorts that I have found on Amazon (and for those interested in reading it, it is free).

If you're reading this on your Kindle, please make sure that you go back to the cover so that you don't miss his letter that begins with "Dear literate horror fan." Definitely worth a read.

The Exhibition - A creepy, scary and messed up story. One of my favorites in this book.

The Confession - Another very good story that left me thinking WOW at the end.

Baby - Oh my God love l
Debra Barstad
This book has 13 short stories centered on the genre of horror. This author is by no means a Stephen King or a Dean Koontz. I was left with the impression that this author has some refining to do to draw in the readers attention. Many of the stories had bad endings and or left the reader thinking what the heck. It was a fast read but not one that I would recommend unless a person had nothing else to read.
Joanne
Apr 08, 2015 rated it liked it
There were some interesting stories in this collection, not scare the pants off you horror but interesting. I liked the story about the hanging tree and the zombie telling its side of the story. My enjoyment of the book was arrested however, by the potty humored (literally) last story. It was like listening to a class of immature freshman giggling when you instruct them about anything having to do with sex. Although the premise of the vampire story was unique, its delivery turned me off....
Fiona (Titch) Hunt
I would like to thank the author. I have had this book for 4 years, totally forgot it was there. But that aside, I thought it was about time I read it.

Well what do I think of a book that is meant to scare you lol. Some of the stories was good, others was passable. 1 made me feel like I wanted to be sick (no pun intended). Would I read the author's books, I am still undecided as it was a new experience for me.
☆Joycedale☆
Curse of the Blind Eel 5 stars

Avg rating 3.77
David
Sep 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
A fun collection of horror stories. A few were predictable and a couple of them juvenile, but overall the writer showed a lot of talent and creativity in putting this book together. A most wonderful story of a talking dog was by far my favorite. Sadly, this book needs a good edit ~ too many typos and grammatical errors kept this from a 5-star rating.
Shelly
Mar 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
My third James Roy Daley book and (I just checked) the third 2 star rating. Far too many typos in this book of short stories and while a few were promising most were predictable or kind of silly.
Rick
Aug 16, 2014 rated it it was ok
not a well written book. disappointing. A piece of garbage
Nan Silvernail
Aug 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Pretty good, until that last one, which was pretty silly and juvenile. Ok, the last 2 were juvenile, but the last one was icky as well. Other than those, good work.
Carolina Smart
Jan 15, 2011 is currently reading it
I just started reading this amazing collection of horror shorts and can't put it down!
Theresa
Sep 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Not to bad but some ofd the horror stories were more comedy than horror.
Kellie Harrington
Aug 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great book disturbering great! Gave me the creeps!
Susan
Oct 04, 2013 rated it did not like it
10-6-2013

Review: Read it--don't know why....
Adriaan
Mar 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Not a bad read. Some of the stories I didn't care for, but overall it was ok.
The first story about a one night horror show was excellent. That was pretty horrifying.
Terri
May 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
A great collection of short horror stories. I don't get scared very easily but some of these characters crept into my dreams, making for some pretty good nightmares!!
Well worth reading!
Marilou Johnson
I enjoyed a few if the stories in this anthology. Others were just plain weird (and not in a good way).
Reggi
Michelle Smith
rated it it was ok
Aug 23, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
2015 Reading Chal...: 13 Drops of Blood by James Roy Daley 1 15 Feb 01, 2015 12:06PM

• The Evil Within
  • The Eclective: The Haunted Collection
  • The Barrens and Others
  • The Living And The Dead
  • Help! Wanted: Tales of On-The-Job Terror
JAMES ROY DALEY is a writer, editor, and musician. He studied film at the Toronto Film School, music at Humber College, and English at the University of Toronto. He is the author of Terror Town, Into Hell, 13 Drops of Blood, Zombie Kong, and The Dead Parade. In 2009 he founded Books of the Dead Press, where he enjoyed immediate success working with many of the biggest names in horror. He edited an ...more