Start by marking “Heaven Scent” as Want to Read:
Heaven Scent

Heaven Scent

When Cat Hayes impulsively married a handsome, penniless French waiter in St Tropez, she didn’t realise she’d be widowed in just a few weeks. Neither did she know that her late husband was actually Oliver Ducasse, heir to the Ducasse perfume empire. Invited by the Ducasse family to their glamorous French mansion, Cat finds a family in chaos. What’s more she’s regarded with ...more
Published March 3rd 2011 by Headline Review (first published March 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Heaven Scent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heaven Scent

Cathy
Mar 22, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult
Heaven Scent is a story with a very simple writing full of family misunderstandings. The author attempts to address the difficulties and limitations of a wealthy family with some success. And dazzles in her ability to capture the reader into the world of perfumes.
However, I felt that the least interesting pair was the main one. Cat ends up disillusioned as a character and her chemistry with Xavier is weak. Also seemed very forced to be Cat's character who promotes change in an entire family. Sh
TSN
DNF 25%

I am NOT a fan of a romance with multiple points of view.
I think this story was all over the place, like it was trying to tell several stories at once, and I did not like it.
Shivani
Dec 15, 2017 rated it did not like it
Can't decide what's poorer, the language or the content. Falls in the mills and boons category of drama, select only if you're not in the mood for a quality read.
Debz
Dec 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this easy to read book, well written, I look forward to reading more of Sasha Wagstaff's books
Leah
May 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Heaven Scent is author Sasha Wagstaff’s third novel, but it’s the first I’ve read. For ages, I steered clear of the big, blockbuster novels because I liked my Chick Lit to be a bit more ‘real’ (yes, I read fiction and like some normalcy to it, what of it?) but instead of just writing off these novels without even giving them a chance, I’ve been reading a few this year and I’ve changed my opinions vastly. Tilly Bagshawe, Victoria Fox, JJ Salem and I’ve found them all to be brilliant reads. So whe ...more
Adeline Kam
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book reminded me of the Hart Family saga by Barbara Taylor Bradford. I enjoyed reading a story about a family and its business. And i enjoyed this book right from the beginning. But I find the story is quite lengthy. Only 25 chapters but each chapter is very long, many pages. It is a good story. How one woman can change the family, turning negative thoughts and situations into something good. First time i am reading a book by this author, and i would say she is Good!
Samah Taibah
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've finished this novel earlier this month, but forgot to update and write a review.
It was a nice unexpected novel! One of the characters who was dead was a very mean person and took all the blame! I wish if we could have read more about his behaviors! Cat was a nice honest person and that made her real. She helped the family to find peace with themselves and with each others . The novel talked a lot about creating perfumes that is one of my favorite topics. I loved and enjoyed reading the nov
Azyyati
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dropped
The way the book was written is heavily descriptive, immediately making me lose interest. Thr plot felt too slow for my liking, though I know there's a huge potential of characters development in the series, it feels like forever to get there. Unless you're a patient, resilient reader, I suggest you to pick another book ibstead of wasting your time with this one.
Danielle
Jul 25, 2017 rated it liked it
I didn't love this book, but I quite liked it. Most of the characters irked me and the plot was a tad unrealistic. Sweet, happy ending all tied up in a nice bow if you like that sort of thing.
Rebecca
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-books-read
Thoroughly enjoyed this book and raced through it. The premise of someone marrying after only a few weeks is a bit odd to me plus you have to suspend belief as to why she gets trapped at a luxury villa in the south of France. However, I liked the fa t that the other characters were developed so it wasn't always about the love angle. I also thought it was good that it was about her business sense and abilities as well as her looks etc.
Cabiria Aquarius
This book was amazing. Loved it.
Janani
May 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
Cat Hayes has lost her husband, her job and slowly, her joie de vivre. She married Olivier, a poor waiter, after a whirlwind romance only to have him die in an accident and To make things worse, her boss fires her. Meanwhile, the very French Ducasse family, is reeling under the loss of Olivier. It consists of dominating matriarch Delphine, the mourning withdrawn widower Guy, his neglected children, playboy Xavier who is running from his past, reckless Max and and the beautiful Seraphine who just ...more
Ajita
Jun 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
Again a wonderful chick lit by Sasha Wagstaff. The story is mostly set in the French chateau of the Ducasse family, famous for their perfumes. Cat Hayes is there seven months after the death of her husband Olivier and is surprised to see that his family is alive, and wealthy – in contrary to what he had told her. The family has no sincere intentions with Cat. As his widow she’s Olivier’s only heir and they want to secure their business. As soon as Cat arrives she gets confronted by his stiff gra ...more
Goddess Of Blah
Feb 03, 2012 rated it liked it
This book is really good and I enjoyed reading it.

However, I preferred reading about all the other characters as they were quiky, fun and slightly more realistic such as Max and Madeline, Leoni and Ashton and Guy etc rather than Cat and Xavier. Xavier resembled a cliched rich playboy tall dark handsome Mills & Boon hero who turned out to be a bit of a wuss. The background on why he's so anti-commitment was rather pathetic considering he's meant to be a strong macho intelligent type. Also, h
Louise Graham
Jul 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Heaven Scent is the 3rd book by Sasha Wagstaff.

Cat Hayes is an English girl who meets and marries a guy called Oliver Ducasse whilst in St Tropez. Sadly he dies suddenly very soon after their marriage. On her return back to England she receives a letter from his family ‘The Ducasse’. Knowing nothing about them at all she heads to France arriving at their Mansion and a whole different world to what she is used to.

There was much more to Oliver than she was aware of. The fam
Moon Love
Dec 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There is just something about Sasha Wagstaff's books that lure you in. Even the fact that her books are 400+ pages are not daunting to me, when usually it'll put me off from reading a book. This book is engrossing, therefore making the long length unnoticeable and almost negligible.

I liked all of the main characters in the book, except for Olivier, which is surprising. Sasha's characters showed hidden depths and I was surprised to see that not all was black and white and I couldn't easily figur
Princesscj1989
Sep 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite-books
I loved this book, it was beautifully written and I have to say it made me laugh and it made me cry, you can really feel for the characters in this story.

Cat Hayes impulsively marries a handsome peniless waiter ' Oliver'who she meets on holiday but within weeks is widowed. This story starts as Cat recieves a letter from the ducasse family asking for her to come to France to see them but little does Cat know they own a perfume empire and have millons. Upon arrival Cat feels shut out from the fam
Charlotte Julie
Mar 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves

Charlotte Julie
Mar 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites

Karen Mace
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
loved it!! One of those books that just takes over and you cant wait to read the next chapter!! Totally predictable at times but that didnt matter as the main character was so likeable that you wanted things to work out for her!
Christine Hara
i read this book two times,,,,i cant help it i love the story,,i hope i can find same story like this one,,,in the beginning they hate afterwards they fall in love so any book can u recommend to me,,tnx appreciate it much.c")
Purple
Mar 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Transported me to france, this book did. All the talk about fragrances and fruit brought the scents right under my nose. Very nice. My only problem with this tale was the conversation. Sometimes it was just too formal. But all in all a good story!
Ceci
Dec 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, 2012
What can i say? I really loved this book!! It's all because they talked about chemistry and perfumes and i end up completely in love with it. Obviously the book isn't perfect but my inner geek side was sooo giddy with it!
Siobhan Askew
Aug 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved story and good as other books in series
Lisa Helen Gray
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
http://lisas-book-reviews.blogspot.co... click on link to check out my review
Beautiful_Jade
May 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun read about a dysfunctional French family.

There were lots of good characters, all with their own storylines.
Nessa
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Amazing and enjoyable read.
Tania
Dec 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-books
Randomly chosen to be book 126 fr the year. Yay for library books!
Hana
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
Emotionally draining romance set in Provence among rich perfume making family. The writing was quite good even though the story was predictable and some twists unnecessary.
Angiiela
Nov 20, 2012 rated it liked it
This book is a very chick-flick book. I do like how the story progresses as you get to know more about each characters. But I feel that this book is a little too predictable for me.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Apr 08, 2015 09:16AM