Start by marking “Changeling: The Lost” as Want to Read:
Changeling: The Lost

Changeling: The Lost (Changeling: The Lost)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  693 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
"For use with the World of Darkness rulebook"--P. [4] of cover.
Published August 1st 2007 by White Wolf Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Changeling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Changeling

Mandy
Jan 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rpgs
Detractors will say this book isn't that great; it's too dark, the hopefulness of Changeling: The Dreaming isn't honored here, it's mired in horror and degradation. Many claiming the title of abuse survivor says this is an insult to what they've been through.

All I can say is: Grow up.

Changeling: The Lost is a masterwork; people who simply say 'this is a victim' game doesn't look at the whole. They barely even skim the surface. No one sees how retaking one's life is a POSITIVE and EMPOWERING thin
Cleverusername2
Sep 01, 2007 rated it it was amazing
I felt great excitement and trepidation when Changeling: the Lost was announced; excitement that White Wolf’s Changeling line was getting new life (after the fizzling ending in Time of Judgment (no disrespect to the authors mind you) and trepidation because I knew it wouldn’t be like Changeling: the Dreaming. And that is something you defiantly have to keep in mind. As soon as the cover was released I knew this was a whole different game, one with a less colorful palate.

A little recap since it i
Abby Estes
Aug 23, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rpgs
White Wolf's re-launch of its World of Darkness series has been met with mixed reactions from the gaming community, but I am happy to say that their reinterpretation of Changeling has taken this odd-game-out title and made it into a contender for best game of the series.

Those who have read and played Changeling: the Dreaming may recall a book whose genre was difficult to pinpoint, and whose mechanics made crossovers difficult. Fairie souls trapped in human bodies, the goal of the game was to fi
Phoenix Scientist
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very good system and world, as expected from whitewolf.
MissM
Jan 10, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2008
I loved C:tD. I really do not like C:tL. As I'm reading it, I find that I have to agree with the detractors. C:tD had, at it's core, a sense of hope. It was about finding, creating and encouraging Beauty in an ugly, cruel world. C:tL has no hope. The hope was ripped violently away before the game ever started. There's no chance it'll ever, ever get better and the best that can be hoped for is that you manage to survive broken and altered without being re-captured or killed by the True Fae. What ...more
Stacey
Feb 02, 2008 rated it really liked it
This is a marked improvement over Changeling: The Dreaming. It brings the dark back into this World of Darkness title. If I could find someone to run a game I think I have a couple of good ideas for characters. It wasn't until I was well into the Storyteller section that I started to get ideas on how to run a game. I think I'd probably have to pick up a couple of the suplements to really get a handle on being Storyteller for it but I had to do the same for Werewolf: The Forsaken.
Colin
May 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rpgs
Definitely a different (and, I think, better) take on changelings in the new World of Darkness - and these really are *changelings*, not faeries - abducted to another world, with fetches left in their place on earth, they escape back to the World of Darkness to find themselves changed by the experience. Grim and scary, the way a changeling story ought to be!
Daniel
Aug 30, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People who liked the Original WOD Changeling
I was originally worried that I would not like the New World of Darkness books, as I was a very large fan of the original universe. However after reading Changeling I was very impressed. I like the ideas and the rules that they have come up with. It has jump started a lot of ideas for me, and has inspired me to read the other main rule books of the New World of Darkness.
Francisco Becerra
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rpg
The best of the nWoD, it is a dark reflection of Changeling the Dreaming. In this version the fair folk is demented, incredibly powerfuld and twisted to the extreme. The players are survivors of their twisted machinations, forever transformed by Glamour. If you like modern fantasy in RPG's, this is a must.
John DiPietro
Oct 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rpg
This is one of the finest RPGs on the market. The game strikes the perfect chord between having options for your characters and keeping the game simple and accessible. The core book alone gies you plenty of ideas and the tools to create adventures even without using other sourcebooks - something not every game, even every WoD game, can say. Highly recommended.
David Hayes
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The very first RPG I was introduced to, and the one to which I will always return to. Often quoted as one of the bleakest things White Wolf has ever done, Changeling is a wonderful, horrible addition to the World of Darkness and should - in my humble and completely biased opinion - be played by everyone.
Joshua
Feb 22, 2013 rated it liked it
I wasn't a fan of a lot of the New World of Darkness stuff. But, I enjoyed this one. Changeling: The Dreaming never really interested me that much because it felt to lighthearted given what the content was about. Changeling: The Lost, however, captures the Fae so much better and goes back to their classical roots where they were something to be terrified of.
K
Jul 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
This is possibly everything that Changeling: the Dreaming wanted to be but couldn't. My only real complaint I think is that it gets a bit tiring hearing about how much changelings suffer PTSD. Other than that? Quite enjoyable.
Sarah O'brien
Changeling may be my favorite of the World of Darkness series. It tackles how we deal with trauma in an absolutely beautiful, terrifying, and expansive way-- the world established in CtL is massive and flexible. Requires a very sharp Storyteller.
Daniel
Nov 11, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Changeling: The Dreaming was good, but Changeling: The Lost is pure awesome. I'd say more, but that covers it. Fans of both traditional and story games will find something here to enjoy. In my opinion, this is the best I have seen from White Wolf in the last decade.
J. Dorn
[insert rambling fangirl dissertation on the significance of the difference between Changeling: the Dreaming and Changeling: the Lost here]
Stoic_quin
Dec 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: roleplaying
A massive improvement on tone & setting from first book. Certainly takes changeling away from being the novelty game in the series.
Darkwolf
Dec 26, 2014
John Humphlett
Jul 24, 2014
Chris Paladino
rated it did not like it
Mar 06, 2017
Jared Bentley
Nov 17, 2014
Andrew Snake
Dec 07, 2010
  • Vampire: The Requiem (nWOD)
  • The World of Darkness (Main Rulebook)
  • Werewolf: The Forsaken (nWOD)
  • Mage: The Ascension Revised Edition
  • Mage: The Ascension: Pride, Power, Paradox: A Storytelling Game of Reality on the Brink
  • Vampire: The Dark Ages
  • Werewolf: The Apocalypse
  • Vampire: The Masquerade
  • Werewolf: The Apocalypse (Revised Edition)
  • Guide to the Camarilla
  • Scion Hero (Scion)
  • Kindred of the East
  • Savage Worlds Explorer's Edition
  • The Book of Nod
  • Exalted  (Exalted: Second Edition, #1)
  • Clanbook: Assamite
  • Hunter: The Reckoning
  • Clanbook: Tremere Revised

Changeling: The Lost (10 books)
  • Autumn Nightmares (Changeling: The Lost)
  • Winter Masques (Changeling: The Lost)
  • Rites of Spring
  • Lords of Summer (Changeling: The Lost)
  • Equinox Road (Changeling: The Lost)
  • Changeling Dancers in the Dusk
  • Night Horrors: Grim Fears
  • Changeling Swords at Dawn (Changeling: The Lost)
  • Goblin Markets (Changeling: The Lost)