Start by marking “Just Your Average Princess (Just Your Average #1)” as Want to Read:
Just Your Average Princess (Just Your Average #1)

Just Your Average Princess

(Just Your Average #1)

Jamie Edwards has loved everything about growing up on a pumpkin patch, but ever since her cousin Milan Woods arrived, things have really stunk. Jamie can’t imagine it was easy for Milan to leave her life back in Los Angeles and move to Average, Illinois, population one thousand. But it’s kind of hard to feel sorry for her since (a) Milan’s drop-dead gorgeous; (b) she’s th ...more
Kindle Edition
Published August 20th 2015 (first published October 11th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Just Your Average Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Your Average Princess

Start your review of Just Your Average Princess (Just Your Average #1)
Gabrielle
Feb 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-have-reviewed
So much was packed into this tiny book. I really enjoyed this book. It was so much fun to read. I loved the setting it took place on a pumpkin patch where they sell apple cider and caramel apples. The jobs that Jamie would do like pick pumpkins and shuck corn were very interesting to read about. The setting kind of reminded me of the setting of the book My Faire Lady which i enjoyed. I real liked Jamie the main character and even the secondary characters Dilly and Sara. I will admit at first i h ...more
Stefanie
Reread February 18 2015. Originally read this sometime in 2012 before I joined Goodreads.

Let me just say that I enjoyed this so much the second time around. Even though I knew the ending I was entertained the entire time as I kind of forgot plot points in the middle.

This is what I originally had when I wrote this in 2013, think I'll leave it as is.

This is one of my favourite books because I loved the plot, the characters and the setting. It had me connected from the first paragraph and I knew
Katy
Nov 09, 2012 rated it liked it
2.5 stars - This was a cute book, and I don't mind cliche and cheesy as long as it's entertaining. And I would have given this book more stars, but there were a few things that this book didn't have.

(view spoiler)
Apr 01, 2011 rated it it was ok
(More like 2.5 stars!)

Just Your Average Princess by Kristina Springer is going to appeal to a certain type of reader. I do not mean this in a negative sense at all, but teens who are "goody-good" are going to respond well to this book.

Synopsis: Jamie Edwards has loved everything about growing up on a pumpkin patch, but ever since her cousin Milan Woods arrived, things have really stunk. Jamie can’t imagine it was easy for Milan to leave her life back in Los Angeles and move to Average, Illinoi
Princess Bookie
Jan 11, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: read2011
My Thoughts: We are introduced to Jamie who has worked on her families pumpkin patch mostly all of her life. Its what she does. Its who she is. So she's super excited that this year she is going to run for Pumpkin Princess. She also has her eyes on a boy named Danny that she has pined after forever. She just wants him to ask her out already. This pumpkin season she wants all her dreams to come true and she thinks she might actually have the guts to achieve them.

Until her snarky cousin Milan show
Sierra
May 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
This tiny little book packs a punch. Or well...a pumpkin...(okay, that was lame. Good thing I'm not a comedian!).
Jamie is...just your average (ha-ha) girl. One who happens to live on a farm, work on a farm, and jeez, even LOVE both of those things. Sure, I love pumpkins and I make a mean pumpkin pie, but working on a farm, no matter how nice it sounds takes guts. (OMG. Guts. Pumpkin-guts? Damn, I'm on a roll! Roll! Ha!)
She has to pick pumpkins, fill in for people when they're on break and rea
Jodi P
Nov 08, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya-reads
This was most definitely an instance where I judged a book by it's cover. Just Your Average Princess had such a catchy cover that it appealed to me enough to read the plot summary. I decided to give it a go thinking that it would be a cute, girly read. Unfortunately, what awaited me was a boring, cheesey book that featured a main character who was written to be completely unrealistic as a teen.
Jamie works at her family's pumpkin patch and genuinely loves all the tasks that come along with runn
Reading Vacation
Aug 09, 2011 rated it liked it
Just Your Average Princess is one of those city-girl meets country-girl kind of stories. I expected something light-hearted and fun. For the most part, that is what I got, but not entirely. Let me explain.

Jamie is an average farm girl who lives in the tiny town of Average. To everyone in town, Jamie is as sweet as a candy apple. She works hard at her family’s pumpkin patch and she is very dedicated. Jamie is what I would picture as the-girl-next-door.

Enter Milan, the Hollywood diva who lands in
Fred
May 16, 2011 rated it liked it
This is a cute, fun short read, as frothy and sweet as the pumpkin spice lattes served at the family pumpkin patch in Average, Illinois, where our story takes place. MC Jamie is a wholesome hard worker whose world is turned upside down by the arrival of her over-entitled, backstabbing and beautiful cousin Milan from LA. Milan seems determined to steal everything Jamie's got - her parent's affections, her crush and the title of Pumpkin Princess, just out of sheer orneriness, since she makes her d ...more
Ms. Yingling
May 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Jamie loves living on her parents' pumpkin farm in central Illinois. She has good friends in Sara and Dilly, and a crush on the enormously cute Danny. She works hard and hopes that some day she will be rewarded with being named Pumpkin Queen. When her rich, spoiled cousin Milan shows up at the busiest time of the pumpkin year to "work" on the farm, Jamie is not happy. She ans Milan used to get along, but Milan now goes out of her way to sabotage Jamie AND seems to be catching the eye of the stil ...more
Christie
Mar 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2011
I started this book after dinner one evening and managed to finish it in the matter of just a couple of hours. It was such a quick and cute read! The dialogue contained a generous amount of wit and snark. As a fan of both, it heightened my enjoyment of Just Your Average Princess even more. I really enjoyed Kristina Springer’s style of writing as well as the cast of characters she created in Just Your Average Princess.

Jamie’s country girl innocence was a nice change of pace from other main chara
Kathy
May 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2011
Just Your Average Princess is a quick, light, fun read. I enjoyed it but it was predictable. Other than a the fun pumpkin farm setting there was not much original about this story. Sometimes this is just the kind of book I'm in the mood for, an easy to read book I can finish in one sitting that brings a smile to my face.

I loved the Pumpkin Patch setting. We have a pumpkin patch that does a lot of fun things at Halloween but nothing the likes of the Pumpkin Patch in this book.

More a "tween" read
Kristen
Feb 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, ya-lit
Cute an fluffy quick read.

Moral Note: Quite a bit of OMG, a few other language (heck, dang), a hollywood sex tape & scandal talk.
stefanie
Jul 11, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
I enjoyed this book a lot more than I expected to! Picking it up, it looked cheesy as hell (which don't get me wrong, it was cheesy as hell) and probably aimed towards a middle school audience, but when I actually read it, the writing was surprisingly good. It was more than just tolerable, and although there were definitely a lot of cliches (and a questionable friendship..... Sara deserves better than Jaime), I have to say it was actually really enjoyable to read. There was a lot more developmen ...more
Christy English
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute, but predictable

This was more likely me a middle school novel than a YA. The story was cute, but predictable. The plot just didn’t suck me in to like I had hoped. I didn’t really understand the relationships between the characters or their motives. And it seemed to drag in places.
Mary Stockwell
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun, endearing and entertaining

Although this book is about rural teenage life, it also touches on celebrity Hollywood life. It is endearing and entertaining. The great diverse family dynamics this story has is compelling. I recommend it for both young and old.
Aug 13, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-ya
Brandy ONeal
May 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
A short, sweet and simple story. Not wonderful but not bad either. A quick read.
Marie Rich
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Book for Teenagers

This is a sweet little story about a girl finding her way and her boy in a perfect little town.
Ashley Martin
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such an enjoyable story. It takes you inside the world of Jamie and her experiences when her cousin Milan comes to stay with them temporarily. There are some sad moments with a great happy ending.
Xandra
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
1.5 Stars.
Mar 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cute story
Erica Warren
A cute, quick little read. I enjoyed the story, although it was lacking in a few minor areas, such as character depth and believable character development.
Small Review
Originally posted on Small Review

Swapping charms

I read the first chapter, closed the book, and thought to myself, "Kristina Springer, will you be my BFF?" Or do I mean Jamie? I think I mean both because both Kristina Springer's writing style and the character she has created in Jamie are totally ME.

There are some characters I want to swap BFF charms with because they're so kick butt, or kind, or entertaining, or otherwise awesome. Jamie is that rare character I want to invite over for
Kellee Moye
Reviewed at:

Summary: Jamie Edwards has a dream. She wants to be the Pumpkin Princess. She has been gearing up for it for YEARS. She works diligently at her father's pumpkin patch and everyone in Average, IL knows her. She is a shoo in. And on top of it all, Danny, her totally dreamy crush, is really paying attention to her.

But then Milan, Jamie's semi-famous cousin from L.A., comes to visit for the pumpkin season and really throws a wrench in her plans.
Sarah (The Book Life)
Review can also be found at http://sarahliveslovesreads.blogspot....

I have been on a major contemporary binge lately and this one definitely fit the bill. It was a cute, quick read. The story is pretty simple, small town girl feuding with her big city cousin, who just happens to be staying with her family for a while. Jamie is a farm girl and darn proud of it. Her family own's the pumpkin patch in her town of Average, Illinois and she's worked or played there her entire life. Her best friend Sar
Jessica
Jun 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a very cute, fast read! I was able to finish it in a couple hours because it was so fun and easy to read.

Jamie is a responsible teen that works at her family's pumpkin patch in a small town. She has her crush and her friends and her dream of becoming Pumpkin Princess. Then, her flashy, mature cousin arrives from Hollywood. There is a slight mystery as to why Milan has come to the help out at the "Patch". Jamie tries to befriend her cousin but Milan brushes her off. Then, Milan
Melissa
Since she was little Jamie Edwards has dreamed of being the Pumpkin Princess. Now it is finally her shot at the title and only one thing is standing in her way; her spoiled celebrity cousin, Milan. Milan, the daughter of two famous movie stars, used to be friends with Jamie, but for some reason is set on showing Jamie up and making her look like a fool. She seems to want to take everything from Jamie, her crush Danny, the love of her parents, and now even the title of Pumpkin Princess. Jamie
Kailia
Mar 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-contemporary, 2012
The premise of Just Your Average Princess by Kristina Springer sounded really promising and adorable and when I saw it at my library, I decided to check it out! While it was a quick read and it was cute, as I thought it would be, this book wasn’t exactly what I has expected.

Jamie is your typical girl-next-door kinda character. She works hard at her family’s Patch and has a loving family and friends and has been crushing on that cute guy for a while now. Enter her super spoiled, Hollywood starle
Nicci
Sep 16, 2011 rated it liked it
What first attracted me to this book was the adorable cover! I love the contradictions it contained. The girl is dressed up all pretty, with this gorgeous dress, but she’s wearing big, clunky boots and sitting on a hay bale. It is absolutely awesome. I was definitely intrigued enough to read the summary, and I was convinced enough to want to participate in the blog tour for this.

Jamie really is just your average girl. She lives, literally, in Average, Illinois. I loved her friends, Dilly & Sara
« previous 1 3 next »

• Until We Collide
  • The Popularity Papers (The Popularity Papers, #1)
  • Boyfriend Stealer: Diary of a Wickedly Cool Witch 2
  • Happy Scoops (Clean and Quirky Romance Book 1)
  • This Time It's Different (Bayview High Book 6)
  • Max's Revenge: A Wedding, a Party and a Plate of Dog Food Stew (The Max Books #1)
  • The Wrong Bachelor
  • Catherine's Intrigue
  • Missing, Presumed (DS Manon, #1)
  • The Odd Sisters: A Tale of the Three Witches
  • Text Fails: The Best 101 Autocorrect Fails, Text Fails and Mishaps on Smartphone!
  • Wild Ride (South Florida Riders, #1)
  • The Tea Dragon Society (Tea Dragon, #1)
  • Miss You Love You Hate You Bye
  • Glass Slippers, Ever After, and Me
  • The Citadel
  • Out of the Easy
  • Emancipated (Emancipated, #1)
Kristina Springer is the author of Cici Reno #MiddleSchoolMatchmaker (Sterling Children's/April 19, 2016), My Fake Boyfriend Is Better Than Yours (Macmillan/FSG), a Scholastic Bestseller and 2012 YALSA Quick Pick book; The Espressologist (Macmillan,/FSG), a 2010 Society of School Librarians International Honor Book and 2014 Illinois Reads Book that has been purchased for film by Michael Eisner’s V ...more

Just Your Average (4 books)
  • Just Your Average Geek
  • Just Your Average Celebrity (Just Your Average #3)
  • Just Your Average Box Set (Just Your Average Princess, Just Your Average Geek, & Just Your Average Celebrity)

News & Interviews