Start by marking “Real Wifeys: On the Grind: An Urban Tale” as Want to Read:
Real Wifeys: On the Grind: An Urban Tale

Real Wifeys: On the Grind: An Urban Tale (Real Wifeys #1)

4.12  ·  Rating Details  ·  405 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
CASH RULES EVERYTHING AROUND HER AND GOLDIE WILL USE ANYTHING TO GET IT. . . .

In the hood every day is about struggle and survival, and no one understands that more than twenty-two-year-old Kaeyla “Goldie” Dennis. So when the affair she’s been having with a wealthy married man comes crashing to an end, Goldie doesn’t waste any time getting back on her grind. Her new hustl
Published January 11th 2011 by Touchstone (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Real Wifeys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Real Wifeys

OOSA
Get Money,

Kaeyla Dennis was fortunate enough to have her grandmother, Mama Bit, in her life, but she still couldn't help feeling neglected by her drug addicted mother and unknown Caucasian father. While most girls in the neighborhood had their fair share of wears, Kaeyla’s choices were limited. While window shopping, she meets Dyme, an older entrepreneur, who takes the time to upgrade and mold Kaeyla aka Goldie into mistress material.

After six years of promises, Goldie finds herself on the outs
Celena White
Apr 27, 2011 Celena White rated it it was amazing
Before the reading- Looking at the cover, I thought the main character was going to be the type of person who knows how to survive out in the streets. She know when and how to make her money.

During the reading- As Im reading the book, I notice that situations in the book does occur. It's about a woman name Goldie that has been raised in "the hood". She is a bi-racial child and lots of females has hated on her. She hated her life because lots of females talked about her because she was lite skinn
Shanae
I give Meesha Mink 4 stars for this novel because, while it was an average tale, Mink manages to relay a complete story, something most urban writers fail to do. However, I found it quite vulgar and the scenes weren't necessary. Mink's characters were somewhat developed, and I'm happy the main female character wasn't completely unlikeable, which happens in typical urban novels. It was a quick, easy and entertaining read. If you're bored or feeling depressed, then pick this one up - it's bound to ...more
E G
Apr 24, 2011 E G rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Recommend to all
This book was real good. It was a fast read. You know how some books are fake and u know that stuff like that in the book doesn't happen in real life. This book was real. I love how Mink kept it real. And I loved the ending. Five stars Mink.
Monique
Not what I expected and recommended only to a urban lit fan because it's not enough to keep this avid reader engaged.
Ms.Toni
She Fancy, Huh

Born with no spoon in her mouth, Kaeyla ‘Goldie’ Denise didn’t take much time considering her options when she was approached by Dyme, an older, married businessman looking to take care of her. At sixteen, Goldie traded in her run-down sneaks for name brand heels. Nails done. Hair done. Everything did. That is until everything came to a screeching halt. With no one to depend on but herself, Goldie gets on her grind. It’s grind or starve.

“Real Wifeys: On the Grind’s” main characte
Ms.Toni
She Fancy, Huh

“Real Wifeys: On the Grind’s” main characte
Delonya
Apr 30, 2011 Delonya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Her Mind Is On Her Money & Her Money Is On Her Mind....

At 22 Kaeyla "Goldie" Dennis finds herself on a serious paper chase after wasting 6 years as the mistress of Damion "Dyme" Gunners. At 23 years Goldie's senior Dyme had no problem selling young Goldie a dream all while wooing her with the material things her grandmother couldn't provide. But after a public confrontation with Dyme's real wife Goldie finally realizes that her wifey status is all a facade. But after six years of just loungi
Angelia
Feb 21, 2012 Angelia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bfaf
This was the first solo novel by Meesha Mink although I LOVED the HOODWIVES series...this one fell a little short...Goldie is a hood chick that had nothing..... met a man 23yrs her senior and was well taken care of until at the age of 22 she determine not to stay in her lane as the jump off....Goldie had done that for six years and now she wanted to be the WIFE....She wanted to believe that Damion "Dyme" Gunners was gonna make her is wife eventhough he already had one....with his punk a**....and ...more
JacQuin
May 31, 2015 JacQuin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely love this book
Glam
Jan 27, 2011 Glam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Infinite Ink Unlimited Ink, Meesha Mink penned this book well. Real Wifeys On The Grind is a five star page turner that you will not want to put down. Meesha takes you on a shotgun ride thru the life of Goldie. She had her up and downs and a few bumps in the road but, life must go on "Brand-new hustle...but the same old gind" This is a must read,must recommend and must review. Real Wifeys
Glam
Jul 29, 2011 Glam added it
This ish right here is a must read for 2011... If you don't read nothing else this year please read this novel. Meesha Mink penned this book well... Kaeyla a.k.a Goldie Dennis has seen and done way to much at a very young age, and will son find out that more money also means more problems.
Yvette
Jun 03, 2011 Yvette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked this one up out of curiousity because normally I wouldn't read this genre. To my surprise I really enjoyed it. It was low down, dirty, gritty, sexy, and dramatic! This chick was all about the dollar bill and NOTHING was going to stand in her way of getting it.
Serena
This book had me gripped from beginning until end. I wanted to hate Goldie but it was hard to not hurt for her. The only thing I didn't like was the ending but if it means a sequel then I'm good! Not sure who did the proofreading but some parts were jacked up lol.
Diana
Mar 17, 2013 Diana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the first installment to this series, even though I read the second one first. Goldie is the typical hood chick and this is the typical urban book. I liked it, but I am starting to feel like when you have read one of these, you have read them all.
bkBOOKreaders
Mar 13, 2011 bkBOOKreaders rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We loved this book because they were so many different scenarios that led to an interesting book discussion over drinks and appetizers. We all moved between feeling sorry for Goldie and waiting for her downfall as payback for the some of the things she got away with.
Lalawn
Aug 14, 2011 Lalawn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was some what on the fence about the title because of the word (wifey) , but I soon learned it's nothing like the wifey series I was use to reading. I loved this book form the first chapter to the last. Can't wait to see what this author puts out next!
Book Chic
Aug 02, 2013 Book Chic rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Meesha Mink aka Nyobia Bryant told a great story. She was able to cover a lot of ground in a short amount of time. I've read her work before, but it wasn't this good. She made this street lit draw on some deep emotion and it also taught some hard lessons.
Alysia
Sep 24, 2011 Alysia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is very interesting and I cant wait to finish it.
I am done with this book and it was very good. Goldie goes on one to get the money she desire's. I don't think part two is out yet but cant wait to see what happens next.
Pauline Refe
Jan 03, 2014 Pauline Refe rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shitty. Like how Goldie says shit all the time.
Sammy
Nov 15, 2012 Sammy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i loved this book i kept me interested and i never wanted too put it down and ive read it a couple times the more i read it the more i love it
Mschell
Apr 24, 2013 Mschell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The main character in this book Goldie is a survivor in spite of all the setbacks, she does what she has to and in the end she comes out on top.
Renita Brooks
Feb 08, 2014 Renita Brooks rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read, I enjoyed it!! Can't wait to start the next one!!
K Newton
Apr 11, 2013 K Newton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definitely a page turner. At times, you can't help but want to be Goldy, or envy her.
Henrietta
Jun 17, 2013 Henrietta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a good book but I think the sex scenes were too grapic
Rachel
Jul 17, 2012 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book. Kept me reading. A little slow in parts.
Shalonda Moore
Jan 10, 2012 Shalonda Moore rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This Book was so good. I enjoyed reading it cover to cover.
Tiaja Braziel
Feb 17, 2011 Tiaja Braziel rated it it was amazing
i tihnk this wasa really good book
Nikki
Jul 16, 2013 Nikki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was a good read love Meesha Minks
Marquita
Mar 18, 2012 Marquita rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was boring...
  • Street Divas
  • What's His Is Mine
  • Notorious (Notorious #2)
  • Hell's Diva
  • Gunz and Roses
  • Ride Wit' Me
  • Baltimore Chronicles Volume 2
  • Redbone
Raised in the gritty Central Ward of Newark, New Jersey, Meesha Mink beat the odds of being raised in a single family home. Thankfully, with a strong and resilient mother who worked hard to raise her two children, Meesha Mink knew there was more to life than just drugs and violence. From a young age, her mother introduced her to reading and used it as a tool to teach Meesha and her brother to know ...more
More about Meesha Mink...

Real Wifeys (3 books)