Start by marking “My Perfect Wedding (Helen Grey, #2)” as Want to Read:
My Perfect Wedding (Helen Grey, #2)

My Perfect Wedding

(Helen Grey #2)

3.48  ·  Rating details ·  290 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Helen Grey is finally getting everything she wants. She's about to have the perfect dream wedding and begin an exciting new life abroad on the sunny Mediterranean island of Cyprus. But living the dream isn't all it's cracked up to be.

After a mix-up at the airport, Helen finds herself drawn into the midst of an elaborate plot to steal an ancient statue and assassinate a lo
Published January 9th 2011 by Amazon Digital Services, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about My Perfect Wedding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Perfect Wedding

In Memory of Greed by Al BoudreauImpeding Justice by M.A. ComleyNumber 13 by M.G. WellsFinal Justice by M.A. ComleyThe Time Hunters by Carl Ashmore
Kindle Authors
343 books — 226 voters
Once Upon Another Time by Rosary  McQuestionSecrets of the Realm by Bev StoutAlien Species Intervention by J.K. AccinniA Job From Hell by Jayde ScottPsycho Save Us by Chad Huskins
Best Indie Books/Authors
1,727 books — 1,786 voters

More lists with this book...

Jaidis Shaw
May 12, 2011 rated it liked it
My Perfect Wedding by Sibel Hodge is a fun, light-hearted caper with just enough love story thrown into the mix. The story takes place in North Cyprus, away from the hustle and bustle of the ever-changing and up-to-date UK. Kalem and Helen are looking to make a new life for themselves in the beautiful countryside of the Mediterranean. With their perfect wedding only a week away, they're ready to settle into their new home, Kalem's new job, and an entire new way of living. The simple life! They s ...more
L.C. Evans
Mar 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Main character Helen Grey has left the U.K. and moved to Cypress with her fiancé, Kalem where he is starting a new job. Helen has played a joke on Kalem that gets the two stopped at the airport. Fortunately things get sorted out and they are on their way to their wedding. But after Helen uncovers an assassination plot that includes the theft of a priceless bust of Cleopatra, complications threaten to cost Helen the perfect wedding she has planned and also land her in jail.

I laughed out loud at
Joanne
Aug 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sibel-hodge
An over-the-top screwball romantic comedy which I found hilarious. It starts six months after 'Fourteen Days Later' finished and involves all the main characters, which I love. Once I picked the book up and started reading I couldn't put it down until I had finished it. I am sad to leave Helen, Kalem, Charles and the family behind and would love to read about them again. I really enjoyed the description of Cyprus and could picture it clearly, now where is my suitcase!
Naomi
Jul 30, 2011 rated it liked it
Def. not my favorite Sibel Hodge work. This one does scream "Chick Lit", which by the way is the genre it is classified under. However, this book does have Sibel's classic sarcastic wit which I love in her works. This one just was a bit "over the top" with its' silliness factor for my liking!
Al
Mar 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, read-2011
I found the main character, Helen, an endearing, yet at times frustrating (even infuriating) character. She’s a smart and successful woman, yet she continually makes shortsighted and obviously incorrect decisions. In addition, her luck is so terrible that even somewhat harmless thing still backfire. Helen and her fiancé haven’t made it on their plane in the first chapter before security is detaining them as suspected terrorists due to a couple practical jokes gone wrong.

The other main characters
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out
This is a cute story that relies on the extraordinarily gullible and ditzy Helen Grey lurching from one farcical situation to another after inadvertently exchanging suitcases at the airport. Helen is devastated that her wedding dress is missing but a simple exchange is impossible once she and her fiance discover the suitcase contains plans to steal a priceless statue, a lot of cash and a gun rest for s sniper rifle. When they attempt to alert authorities to the suspected assassination plot , the ...more
Rachel Cotterill
Narrator Helen is dashing off to get married and live in Cyprus with a man she's been dating for about five minutes, which would be fine (well, they've known each other since childhood) if it weren't for the fact that she's really uncertain about making the move to a rural community. Meanwhile husband-to-be Kalem is rattling on like a guidebook at every sight he shows her. Oh, and did I mention they're trying to foil a major crime without any competent assistance? Now, I can suspend disbelief as ...more
Donna
Sep 27, 2011 rated it liked it
My Perfect Wedding by Sibel Hodge can be described as 'chick lit'. Remember that before you pick up this book. It is a great book for a beach day or a lazy day at home. The book is an easy, quick read. You can read it in an afternoon. I read it while sitting outside my son's school waiting for him to get out.

On the way to her wedding, Helen Grey ends up in jail. Yes jail.. What a way to start a marriage! This book will have you laughing out loud. Think Lucy and Ethel...I still get a kick out of
Shelly♥
Apr 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, year-2011
I haven't read the first book of this couplet (14 days), and didn't really need to to enjoy this high-spirted, hysterical romp around the island of Cyprus.

Helen Grey travels from England to the island of Cyprus with her fiance in full burka (a practical joke played on her by him) preparing for their wedding and relocation to this beautiful retreat in pursuit of the simple life. But when a luggage mix up leads to the discovery of political information pointing to an assassination, Helen is deter
Tom Elder
Jul 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Sibel Hodge. Perfect sequel .
My Perfect Wedding
This is the 2nd in the Helen Grey series of romantic comedy books.
If you are ever a bit low or not feeling to great, then you should read this series of books you will find yourself feeling better and smiling in a short space of time.Helen and her husband to be are planning on starting a new life in north Cyprus but run into problems at passport control and they haven't even left the UK yet.
As soon as they arrive in Cyprus the problems continue with
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Apr 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romantic-comedy
Ms. Hodge does a great job of combining her own heritage and its customs and quirks with a great sense of humor and romantic spirit. Helen and Kalem’s love story has been anything but smooth, but the two are truly destined for each other. Helen’s accident prone ways only get worse once she leaves England, and her adventures are even more bizarre and funny than the last story. The fun never stops and you will find yourself laughing out loud at odd moments throughout the story. Ms. Hodge is rapidl ...more
Lisa Lim
Jul 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
After reading 14 Days Later, I fell in love with Helen so I was excited to start reading My Perfect Wedding. And it was fast, furious, funny and fabulously fun! It was a little over the top, but that's why I enjoyed it so much. The wacky predicaments Helen found herself in and all the colorful characters only added to its appeal. And Kalem's parents were a riot! I wished there was more of them!
My Perfect Wedding was satisfying, action packed, hilarious and well . . . a perfect sequel!
Jovita
Jan 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011-reads
I don't read rom-com novels, but every now and then I like to read something different. My Perfect Wedding was entertaining and funny. The dialogue is sharp and witty, which had me laughing out loud at times. I did enjoy the unusual cultural twist of Kalem’s family and I had no idea that condoms are stocked in mini bars! If you enjoy chick lit, this book is for you.
Lyz
Feb 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
Sequel to 14 Days Later. Very cute, very quirky. The plot was a lot more far-fetched than the first book, thus a lot more campy, but still fun. I can see this being a series like Shopoholic, with the next book Helen and Her New Job, then Helen has a Baby, then Helen and the Cyprus PTA...
Pamela
Dec 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Yet another good story by Ms. Hodge. I have followed Helen Grey through all of her mishaps, and never tire of reading just an enjoyable, relaxing story. Ms. Hodge always comes through with a witty, and sometimes, laugh-out-loud story.
Johnna Ehlendt
May 08, 2011 rated it liked it
This book is so different then the first one but I did enjoy it. It seemed to have more adventure and intrigue on how it was all going to play out.
Wendy T
Jan 07, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
I enjoyed this chick-lit book. This book made me laugh out loud many times throughout the book.
Lynz
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!!! Loved it, was unable to put it down. Kinda sad it ended. Going to miss Helen & Kalem.
Alice Yeh
Apr 08, 2011 rated it liked it
In My Perfect Wedding, we journey with Helen Grey as misjudgment and plain bad luck land her in one messy situation after another. Granted, her foot also appears to be permanently attached to the inside of her mouth, so a good deal of the trouble is of her own making.
Hodge does an excellent job of bringing us inside her character's head. Helen's voice permeated the text, creating a distinctive personality that set the wacky, off-beat tone of the piece. Unfortunately, however, the free pass to he
Gina
Sep 07, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommended to Gina by: Bookclub
In My Perfect Wedding,the sequel to Fourteen Days Later, Helen Grey's misjudgment and plain bad luck land her in one crazy situation after another. Granted, her foot also appears to be permanently attached to the inside of her mouth, so a good deal of the trouble is of her own making. Hodge does an excellent job of bringing us inside her character's head. Helen's voice permeated the text, creating a distinctive personality that set the wacky, off-beat tone of the piece. Unfortunately, however, t ...more
Kim (Wistfulskimmies Book Reviews)
This is technically the sequel to Fourteen Days Later but could be read as a standalone book. This time around Helen is on her way to Northern Cyprus with Kamen for a few days of rest and relaxation before her dream wedding. Only for Helen (being somewhat of a magnet for bad luck) it doesn't quite go to plan and it just gets worse from there...

This was hysterically funny. Helen once again lurches from one disaster to another, somehow finding herself in the process. It was lovely to be reacquaint
Bianca
Apr 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
I thought this book was pretty entertaining. However, I didn't find it believable at all. I know I've never been to Cyprus, so maybe things are different there. But I just had a hard time believing these things could actually happen to someone. Don't get me wrong - I love chick lit, and the first book was enjoyable and believable as far as chick lits go. I did like this book. I like Helen, Kalem, Ayshe, and the rest of the family. I read the entire book and don't regret it at all. I just thought ...more
Ceri
Mar 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2013
I loved this book, Helen Greg is a slightly ditzy character but not so much that you think she's a moron. You have to be careful with this kind of character but Hodge has got her perfect! A brilliant laugh out loud book that I really recommend.
Tammy
Aug 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Different free book I found. I couldn't even remember what the story was about just picked it from teh books I had downloaded. Very interesting read I enjoyed the characters, story and the ending.
Lisa
Jul 04, 2013 rated it did not like it
Didn't enjoy it :-(
Ellen
Sep 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Cute light read, Helen and Kalem leave the U K to get married and live in North Cyprus. A series of misadventures follow.
Maureen Farrell
Jun 07, 2013 rated it liked it
A perfectly pleasant story. At times a bit far-fetched but an enjoyable read.
Jill
Apr 13, 2012 rated it it was ok
If Fourteen Days Later was Bridget Jones-lite, this one is Bridget Jones The Edge of Reason-lite. All the things that annoyed me about Edge of Reason annoyed me even more in this.
Domonique Vontress
Feb 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Nice sequel

Nice sequel

Would love to read more about Helen Grey and her extended family. I fell in love with them reading the two.
Linda Foens
Jan 31, 2017 rated it liked it
I had a hard time staying engaged.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • We Interrupt This Date
  • Alchemy
  • The Butterfly Key
  • Mountain Laurel
  • 39 weeks
  • Secret of the Painted Lady (Danger Cove, #1)
  • Remix
  • Indie Chicks: 25 Women 25 Stories
  • Goodbye Hollywood Nobody (Hollywood Nobody, #4)
  • Snowed Inn (Who-Dun-Him Inn #1)
  • Now and Forever
  • Blue Christmas Balls: A Laugh Out Loud Comedy Novella
  • Seattle Girl
  • The Book Lovers (The Book Lovers, #1)
  • Secrets of the Hollywood Girls Club (Hollywood Girls Club, #2)
  • Borrowed Stilettos
  • Single Woman Seeks Revenge
  • Fatal Liaison

Sibel Hodge is the author of the #1 Bestsellers Look Behind You, Untouchable, and Duplicity. Her books have sold over one million copies and are international bestsellers in the UK, USA, Australia, France, Canada and Germany. She writes in an eclectic mix of genres, and is a passionate human and animal rights advocate.

Her work has been nominated and shortlisted for numerous prizes, including the H

Helen Grey (2 books)
  • Fourteen Days Later (Helen Grey, #1)