Start by marking “Hollywood Wives - The New Generation” as Want to Read:
Hollywood Wives - The New Generation

Hollywood Wives - The New Generation

(Hollywood #4)

Whatever they don't have, they want -- and whatever these women want, they get. Once, they lived in the shadows of their famous husbands. Now, Hollywood wives will stop at nothing for their chance in the spotlight. Today, there are no limits to their passions -- or their excesses. Today, there are all new rules to the power game. And as megastar Lissa Roman is about to dis ...more
Paperback, Trade paperback, 490 pages
Published 2009 by Simon & Schuster (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Hollywood Wives - The New Generation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hollywood Wives - The New Generation

Charlene
Oct 06, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just LOVE Jackie Collins writing style! She is an EASY read & trashy & FUN! I enjoy picking up one of her books after I finish a "dark" or "heavy" read.
Can't wait to read another - well, after maybe a John Grisham / or Jullian Hoffman... LOL!!!
ENJOYED IT!
Alex N
Aug 03, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Expactable, boring and full of oh-so-rich Mary Sues who think they own everything and everyone. Their only problems are with films and hosting parties.

I despised Lissa Roman, on one hand she was described as a humble and kind women, on the other hand, the way she treated people and her thoughts gave away the exact opposite. To make her seem nicer and make the readers pity her, Mrs. Collins decided for a brief rape scene. To my dismay, Lissa coped with it quite fast (so she was raped, she's throw
Teshai
Jan 06, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was not like the Jackie Collins I am accustomed reading, did she write this book or was it a ghost writer?
The ending did nothing what-so-ever for me. I wanted more drama between the brothers, like seriously, both of them were into the same female..even though Evan was a douche. Their mother? So much potential for drama there.

Then her father..really?! That was all we got, no drama with the countess of blah blah.

Then all of a sudden the hotel owner is in on it and nobody crosses him..how was
Phoenix
Read it on the bus to NYC. A good fiction book for a bus or plane ride or an afternoon by the pool. Sometimes you just want a nice easy read with sex, intrigue, a stupid criminal, money hungry people cheating on other people with low morals, all set in California! Yeah Jackie!
Kathryn Stiles
May 17, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jackie Collins never gets it wrong
Loved the character of Michael. Id love to read an update on the characters past the epilogue
June
Nov 22, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pop, favauthor
golden dialog, tawdry narrative, nifty plot, decadent showcase...though, better than all the typical hollywood movies and TV sitcoms combined.
Erik Boggs
May
Jun 20, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trashy chicklit which requires little grey matters to read. It's in a pile of secondhand books I received and I needed something shallow after the Last JP I read which shook me. JC definitely has a formula and she follows it religiously. Can't tell the difference between this one and one I happened to read 20years ago.
Keris
Sep 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dishy! Like if Bold and the Beautiful was a book.
Lorraine
It was a good read. Lots of meaningful sex and rich people. The ending was a bit rushed. Maybe there's a sequel. OK
Brittany
Jun 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first Jackie Collins novel that I've ever read, and all I have to say is...GOOD LORD THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING. I enjoyed every single moment of it-like watching a TV-Reality show about Hollywood Wives living it up in LA with their husbands, along with the sex, scandal and did someone say kidnapping? I think YES, yes someone did.

So I decided to break it down by character, starting with....

Lissa Roman: She's a mega movie and singer star who's working on a show in Vegas, and her fourth hu
Jenn Andrew
Jul 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This novel is a little darker than her first novel, if you can believe it. It still holds the glamour of the first book but there is more of a storyline with the new generation vixens.

The wives of the husbands stand out more in this novel and the book concentrates on more of the characters. The wives control most of their own lives and try to do things more for themselves instead of living off of their rich husbands. Jackie Collins makes the women more independent and conscious of their own imp
Kathy Hiester
Jackie Collins has never been noted for her delicacy or her intricate writing style. In HOLLYWOOD WIVES: The New Generation, Collins gleefully lunges into the entertainment industry and comes up with some juicy tidbits. All of Hollywood is here in their vulgar magnificence. The wives of the title are on an adventure jam-packed journey through this world, dragging the reader along behind them.

There is quite a generational difference between the original Hollywood Wives and this book. The Hollywoo
Caroline G'wattage
Jul 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
Absolutely Love this book !

Jackie Collins at her finest.

I Bought this book at a second hand store a few weeks ago forgetting if l did read this book. Got to the second chapter and it all came back to me, l did read it and remembered how much l loved it, that was ten years ago, and man it was so great reading it again. This is the type of book when you are feeling a little depressed and want a little pick me up it does wonders, it put a smile on my face. Drugs Sex Murder, nothing better, type of
Marianne Jay
Jul 25, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lot of people didn't rate this book well. It wasn't a great work of literature, but it's Jackie Collins. Jackie Collins writes good Jackie Collins books ~ if you know what I mean.

Don't go into this book thinking you are going to be reading the next Pulitzer....your not. Your going to be reading Jackie Collins at her best.

Elizabeth Bennet
It is Jackie Collins and if you like her other novels you'll like this one but if you have never tried then this is not the one to start.

There are lots of pop references and they are old and the ending was abrubt but I still enjoyed it since sometimes I find comfort in reading formulaic novels (Mary Higgins Clark for instance) and this one provided that comfort.
Camille
Jan 01, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ummmm, I didn't really enjoy this very much. I thought it would be much more scandalous then it was. I kept waiting for the really juicy stuff to happen but it never came. The writing was well done, though and I think I'm left short because I have read some racy stuff. This,made me giggle some and made me question the kind of people that were being described but it was entertainment.
Tanesha Purvis
Just as yummy as the rest in the Hollywood series, glad to see Jackie finally had some repeat characters to tie the series together. This book is certainly not a piece of literary art but it is just what the doctor ordered for my summer of trashy reading. I love Jackie Collins!
Melissa
Jul 29, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
This was a typical Jackie Collins novel. A lot of drama. Predictable. Reminds me why I don't usually read her. On the other hand, it was nice to take a break from "heavier" subject novels I've been reading.
Jul 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Classic Jackie Collins, same plot all the time and you know the outcome if you've read one book of hers. But....she writes in such a way that it always keeps my interest an keeps me wanting more. I find her books entertaining and she keeps me wanting to read more.
Annie ⚜️
I used to read her over 25 years ago so I picked this up for a raunchy, fun, old times sake read. It just appears she writes the same book over and over again. Same old stories. The characters were all so cardboard! And what 20 year old says "he's such a stud"? Very out of touch.
Salar
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm kind of disappointed. Collins usually writes better than this, and it was painfully obvious with the repetitive compliments that she was trying to make us like Lissa but it was hard.
The story line also seemed rushed.
Ushlah Aluthge
Oct 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
Your writing style is just marvelous that make us believe 1000% of ourselves. Great job.
It’s about Power! Sex! Money! Fame!
Fantastic book.

It’s all about women’s -Ambitious, young, smart & lethal,
Whatever women don’t have, they want
And whatever women want they get. - & well said!
Carrie Arnold-wirick
I enjoyed this book, I like ready a good quick read sometimes and with her books I always try and see if these are true people in the book which makes it even more fun to read. This one as all of them had me at the first few words.
Jessica
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who loves a trashy, sexy read !!
Paul Lovell
Bought this as an easy beach-type-read. It was perfect for lounging around, not too serious and as trashy as a gal could wish.
Kim
Aug 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. I like the way the author ties everything together at the end! Recommended for all. It's a fun book.
Book Concierge
This is a trash novel. The plot is as thin as some actresses; the characters are cardboard cutouts. But it's the kind of trash novel that I take guilty pleasure in devouring at the beach.
Jill Peck
The first one was much better.
Kazimiera pendrey
May 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
a fun and raunchy in parts novel reading a jackie collins is a bit of a guilty pleasure a bit like eating a huge bowl of ice cream but still worth a read
« previous 1 3 next »

• All About All About Eve: The Complete Behind-the-Scenes Story of the Bitchiest Film Ever Made!
  • Appassionata (Rutshire Chronicles #5)
  • The Lonely Lady
  • Patty's Gamble (Montana Collection, Book 3)
  • Sins
  • Unbreakable
  • فاصل للدهشة
  • Adored
  • Bad Girls
  • Slash and Burn (Joe Hunter, #3)
  • In the Name of Love
There have been many imitators, but only Jackie Collins can tell you what really goes on in the fastest lane of all. From Beverly Hills bedrooms to a raunchy prowl along the streets of Hollywood; from glittering rock parties and concerts to stretch limos and the mansions of power brokers-Jackie Collins chronicles the real truth from the inside looking out.

Jackie Collins has been called a "raunchy

Hollywood (5 books)
  • Hollywood Wives (Hollywood Series, #1)
  • Hollywood Husbands (Hollywood Series, #2)
  • Hollywood Kids (Hollywood Series, #3)
  • Hollywood Divorces (Hollywood Series, #5)