Start by marking “Katrina, The Beginning (Royal Blood Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Katrina, The Beginning (Royal Blood Chronicles, #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

Katrina, The Beginning

(Royal Blood Chronicles #1)

The High Regent has called members of each royal vampire family to council. Katrina Von Dracek wonders what this will mean to her.

Does the council really intend to start a new covern in the Americans or is there something else?

All Katrina's vampire senses tell her evil is around them and that she will be the one called upon to save them all.
Nook, 337 pages
Published January 3rd 2011 by Royal Blood Chronicles (first published August 31st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Katrina, The Beginning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Katrina, The Beginning

Start your review of Katrina, The Beginning (Royal Blood Chronicles, #1)
OpenBookSociety.com
Brought to you by OBS staff member Annabell

Beware of spoilers

Katrina, the Beginning follows seventeen year old Katrina, a princess who also happens to be a vampire. She lives in a world full of beauty and refined taste. A world any girl would dream of. But soon that world is threatened by those who do not understand the vampires, a select group of humans known as the Volator who seek out vampire covens to destroy them. But Katrina soon realizes they are not the only threat.

The Council has called
trning_leaves.n.pgs

It seems to be a trend. Unless it's an amazing book, the first in a series is just ok. It's almost like a really long prologue that finally gets good about 70% in.

It's about vampires. A royal family of vampires so they have what seems an unlimited amount of wealth. They are all very good-looking, and each one has their own special talent; like premonitions, extra-keen sense of smell, communicating telepathically, ability to maneuver the elements like wind and fire....(any of this sounding
Elizabeth Loraine
Nov 01, 2010 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Book one of my series.
Mina
Being a book about Vampires, I expected Katina: The Beginning to be very not original. But I was wrong. This book definitely differentiates against all the other vampire books. It's like reading a book from a different time, not very modern at all. That what I though was great about it.

Elizabeth creates a world of action, romance and thrill. You wouldn't guess what will happen next. It always keeps you wanting to read more. It was a wonder I finished reading this book in a matter of hours.

I
Blodeuedd Finland
I feel I skimmed so much that I will label it as dnf.

It was childish dialogue. Plotholes. Bad writing and so dull.
Countrygirl Bookreviews
Follow Katrina in this beginning tale of the Royal Blood Chronicle series. Katrina, the Beginning is told in the point of view of a young seventeen year old vampire named Katrina. The story takes place in the 1800s and although the Royals have their own servants that tend to their beck and call, the characters are still very compassionate and unselfish towards their staff and watchers. Of course, Katrina would never ever consider them staff but rather family. She discovers new friendships that ...more
Karen
Aug 01, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anne (Angel Anne Reviews) Nelson
Id like to thank Author Elizabeth Loraine for the wonderful GIFT of her novel Katrina, The Beginning (Royal Blood Chronicles)!! Ive been lucky enough lately to be able to finally get hold of some of the books that have been on my TBR or wish list through some amazing authors. KATRINA being one of them, now to follow is my fair and unbiased opinion after reading Katrina.

Katrina is being told from the POV of a young seventeen year old royal vampire, of course her name is Katrina as the title of
Bertena Varney
Nov 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
" I sat very still, staring straight ahead just as I was told. Being asked to sit for a portrait to be displayed in the Sanctuarys grand library was a great honor. My name is Katrina Von Dracek, and I cant believe how long its beenalmost one hundred thirty years. Now Ive been asked to chronicle my journey from the beginning."

When I first began reading the book, I must be honest and say that I was thinking, " Okay here is a reverse Twilight with the girl being the vampire and the forbidden human
Bertena Varney
Nov 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Bonnie Wheeler
Aug 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a fan of YA novels. I am also a fan of vampire novels. Between my two loves, I had thought I had experienced the majority of what the genre could provide me, until I discovered independent author, Elizabeth Loraine!

In this delightful novel, based in the 1800s, we discover the amazing Katrina - a seventeen-year-old sword yielding, independent, compassionate, fascinating heroine who happens to be a vampire. But, don't get me wrong, she is not your everyday blood sucking variety! She has an
Nora
Oct 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Katrina
Elizabeth Loraine
I am again fortunate enough to read and review a work by Elizabeth Loraine, and as with Phantom Lives- Collier, she did not disappoint me. And Katrina is the first in a series, so I am thrilled to death! As if that was not great already, this follows in the path of my favorite character, the vampire.
Katrina is set in a different time period which is refreshing. In this era, Elizabeth has created a world with drama, action, romance and enough thrill to keep you turning
Book Review Diva
Elizabeth Loraine's Book-Katrina- The Beginning

Evil is lurking within the walls of Katrina's families castle. There is a spy who will stop at nothing to harm whoever is required to gain power and control of the vampire council. Katrina and her friends must unite and use all their fighting techniques and special gifts if they are to win.

Elizabeth Loraine writes a riveting story about what "true" and "loving friendships" are all about. Elizabeth will capture you with her wonderful story of five
Angel Graham
Jun 02, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: paranormal, Vampire
Recommended to Angel by: FirstReads
Katrina: The Beginning was in my opinion a good read. Not great, but fairly good. The plot was better than the actual writing. I found a few spelling/grammar errors that were a little disconcerting. The plot however was very good.

A not quite 18 year old vampire named Katrina Von Dracek is learning about herself, her gifts, her family. Woven within the story are some interesting plot twists. Likeable characters and of course, the ever unlikeable characters, though we don't really see them as
Bitten Twice
Dec 11, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All Young Adults
Katrina is a young seventeen year old vampire, the main protagonist in this coming of age story. The story begins slowly building in excitement as Katrina buds in confidence. Elizabeth Loraine has spun a tale of action and adventure interwoven with sprinkles of romance. Set in historical times, the reader completely invests in their sword wielding heroine as she navigates through every twist and punch Loraine throws at her hesitating only slightly at the possibilities of love. Katrina is a ...more
Rhonda
Jul 17, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Elizabeth Loraines Katrina; The Beginning is a combination of romance, chivalry, passion and adventure, from an era long gone, when love was eternal. Where men were still gentlemen and ladies were aloud to be ladies but these ladies kick some serious butt. Think Wuthering Heights meet Count Dracula and youve come close. This book will keep you guessing all the way to the end and then leave you wanting more. ...more
Maggie
Dec 04, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Though it starts slow, the story's imaginative plot turns
tie you to the characters in this first book of the series.

The author has a gift for world building; I stopped on more than one occasion
and compared what I had read to Rawlings and Tolkien, my measuring sticks

The book leaves you at the doorsteps of a cliffhanger. The suspense
has you running for the next book.

Amy
Feb 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this book very much!
It's an exciting story with alot of fun characters! The book had an ease to it that made it easy and fun to read and very hard to put down! I think it has something that everyone can enjoy.. adventure..action..passion.. mystery and intrique..
I can't wait to read more and see where the story and the characters take me next! ♡
Jenny
Nov 21, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Katrina, the Beginning is a fresh take on vampire novels. I was intrigued by some of the new and inventive ways that the author brings the audience into this interesting fantasy. The characters prove to be immediately endearing and the plot is interesting enough to hold your attention as well as continue on in the series. Great start to a new series!
Cathy Brockman
I loved it!! Great story! I love the detail and all thee excitement (still wanted more Quinn) so I got the Protectors! I love katrina.
Elizabeth
Nov 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic new take on the vampire legend!
Alathia Morgan
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While this book started slow for me, it took off and I can't wait to read the rest of the series. Katrina and Katherine are mirror twins and their gifts are growing as they find others of their kind. While things seem safe there is a group that is planning something evil, but Katrina isn't sure who she can trust. Torn between two very different men, she must choose wisely in love and for the safety of her people, but can she make a decision when she is just starting her life?

J.E. Feldman
Lacking Premise and Grammar

I found myself unable to finish this book due to the grammatical errors spread throughout, the flat cookie-cut characters, and the lack of originality. The reason for two stars instead of only one star is because this author has potential, but still needs lots of practice.
Kelly
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-purchase
Series

For teens or young adults but enjoyable to older also. Enjoyed the story, will get the rest of the set. This was a free book and I am glad I picked it up. Thank you for an enjoyable afternoon read.
Annabell
Laurie Hopkins
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampire
Very good

I liked how she develops the characters, and there is background as the book flows. Katrina is coming into her own and has just discovered she has a twin, she has also fallen in love. While these things are happening there is also evil out there that needs to be beaten.
Volpot
Oct 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.5 stars. Not for me
Myra Wray
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have found this book interresting and would like to read more in this series.
Luisa
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Poorly constructed plot and too fast paced to the point where it makes no sense whatsoever.
RoloPoloBookBlog
Katrina: The Beginning by Elizabeth Loraine
(Book #1: A Royal Blood Chronicle)
Source: Purchase
Rating: 3/5 stars

I am always on the hunt for a new series, particularly one that is on-going and has lots of characters I can attach myself to. Such a series was precisely my hope when I downloaded Elizabeth Loraines Katrina: The Beginning. Though I made it through cover to cover, I found this first-in-a-series read to be somewhat lacking.

What I Liked:

*The Watchers: Each member of a vampire family has a
« previous 1 3 next »

• Chameleon Assassin (Chameleon Assassin, #1)
I grew up in a small northern Minnesotan town married my high school sweetheart, had two beautiful children and as soon as we could we moved to a warmer climate. I have worked with my husband building and decorating custom homes for years. After loving every kind of vampire book, movie and series I decided that I wanted to know more. I can write a book I thought, how hard can that be? Well.... But ...more

Royal Blood Chronicles (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Protectors (Royal Blood Chronicles, #2)
  • The Dark Prince (Royal Blood Chronicles, #3)
  • Marcella, vampire mage (Royal Blood Chronicles, #3.5)
  • Cain, The Quest (Royal Blood Chronicles #4)
  • Bloodline (Royal Blood Chronicles, #5)
  • Legacy (Royal Blood Chronicles, #6)
  • Redemption (Royal Blood Chronicles, #7)
  • Destiny (Royal Blood Chronicles, #8)
  • Power of the Secret: a Royal Blood Chronicle (Royal Blood Chronicles Book, #10)
  • Sabine - book 9 (a Royal Blood Chronicle)

News & Interviews