Start by marking “Great Coffee Cakes, Sticky Buns, Muffins & More: 200 Anytime Treats and Special Sweets for Morning to Midnight” as Want to Read:

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  81 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
With twenty years of experience teaching baking classes and three award-winning cookbooks to her name, Carole Walter is renowned for her meticulous directions, foolproof recipes, and scrumptious results. In Great Coffee Cakes, Sticky Buns, Muffins & More, Carole turns her attention to the types of treats that are perfect for breakfast, an afternoon snack, or dessert—th ...more
Published October 16th 2007 by Clarkson Potter

To ask other readers questions about Great Coffee Cakes, Sticky Buns, Muffins & More, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Great Coffee Cakes, Sticky Buns, Muffins & More

Darby
Sep 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: food, 2008
This cookbook has a variety recipes and all that I have tried are DELICIOUS!

Good Things
*The directions are detailed so that if you are new to baking or the techniques used in the recipe you will be able to work through it.

*The ingredients are clear and most likely items that you probably already have in your cupboards or pantry. There are few things you might not have on hand like flavored liqueurs and crystallized ginger.

*The recipes have ratings. If you are inexperienced you can start with th
Pattie Tierney
Sep 22, 2011 rated it liked it
I really wanted to like this book. Who could not like a book with a subject as delicious as coffee cakes? And yet, though the information was concisely written and plentiful, it still lacked something. First and foremost, there weren't nearly enough pictures. While I don't necessarily require one picture per recipe (though I do love this), at least one picture every three recipes would have been nice. Also, I don't like the habit of clustering pictures in three or four sections of a book for the ...more
Jan 05, 2012 rated it liked it
Walter's style is great - I'd love to take one of her classes. However, I didn't like this nearly as much as her cookie book. Basically, I think of the kinds of things in here as 'quickbreads' and these recipes are anything but quick. What I tried in here was good, but it was generally more involved than I"m willing to go for a snack or something to bring to M & M Meeting. If you have the time and inclination, this is a useful book. I also gave her at least an extra half star for advocating ...more
Farah
Aug 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: recipes
I really liked the pictures which made it appealing to me. i wrote down some of the recipes to try.
this book is very informative and the recipes are full of details. Most of them are very long. they are written in a way that everyone can make them even a person who is not familiar with baking that much.
the following recipes that i found easy to make and nice:
CLASSIC SOUR CREAM AND NUT COFFEE CAKE
NUT-CRUSTED ORANGE POUND CAKE
SUPER- MOIST BROWNIES
BLUEBERRY POUND CAKE
CAPE COD CRANBERRY MUFFINS
OAT
Intisar
Dec 08, 2007 rated it it was amazing
I originally checked this out from the library. After paging through it on several occasions,I decided to purchase for my collections. I would like to make quite a few recipes in this book. So far I have made the crumb buns, and they went over really well at my meeting. Everyone should definitely check this out.
Catherine Woodman
Jul 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
I have not cooked out of this much, but the author is well known to me, and the selection of recipes for breakfast food is outstanding--if you are looking for a single sourcecookbook for this sort of baking, this is a great option
Ames
Jun 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
I've only tried three recipes out of the library's copy this book so far and it's enough to convince me to buy it. The Whipped Cream Pound Cake is absolute dynamite, I think I'm in love with it. Full of all varieties of baked goods from the simple (pound cake) to the complex (bear claws). Yum!
Miss Clark
Old-fashioned Buttermilk Biscuits
Flaky Croissants
Black Raspberry Jam Squares
Lemon Shortbread
Variety of glazes, spreads and frostings.
Sue
Nov 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Beautiful coffee cakes, some unusual scone flavors and unwrapping the mysteries of things like Kuchen. What more can a girl ask for? (Except maybe more pictures.)
Tammy
Oct 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great book with recipes you won't find just anywhere
Dorena
Mar 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was overwhelmed with all the wonderful recipes I needed to write down and it was due back at the library. I will check it out again. :)
Kathleen
Oct 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Not enough photos. I really didn't care for having to flip back and forth looking for the first ingredient in other recipes.
Valerie
Sep 05, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Valerie by: free
Shelves: cookbooks
Lots of great looking recipes. I have only made a few and they have turned out well. My copy is a galley and doesn't have an index, which I feel is essential for a good cookbook.
Margaret
Feb 25, 2009 added it
Shelves: cookbooks
Great recipe for vanilla chocolate chip muffins - my daughter's favorites
Arun
Jun 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
A definite read if you love cooking
Marlee
Jun 16, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cook-book
Time consuming, challenging but oh so yummy looking
Valerie
May 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Bakers
Recommended to Valerie by: Jessica's Biscuit
Really interesting recipes. Try the banana muffins with cardamom. More attention to processes and multiple steps than most baking books, but worth the effort.
stephanie vaniwaarden