Start by marking “A Deadly Game” as Want to Read:
A Deadly Game

A Deadly Game

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  108 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
After discovering her boss's dead body, Susanna Trent receives an unusual package from him filled with strange metal tokens and odd clues. Then Susanna, who is the guardian of her three-year-old niece, starts getting anonymous phone calls taunting her with thinly veiled threats. Worried for her life and that of her sister's child, Susanna struggles to trust the one man who ...more
Published February 1st 2011 by Love Inspired Suspense (first published January 17th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about A Deadly Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Deadly Game

Jerry
Mar 25, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked this one...but only somewhat.
Mary
Aug 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
An amazing read! Now I know why it was a prize novel winning an ACFW Award this year.

This story incorporates a puzzle, a mystery murder and the development of true love. It also shows how God may change someone from a "super self-absorbed" loner to a champion with real relationships.

God takes an orphan and gives her a wonderful life. Although in real life, it seems a bit unreal that the bio father never gets notified of child's existence, it makes the story easier to turn out positive.

Murder se
F.A.
Why you should read this book?Because the author takes you (the reader) on a scavenger hunt with the characters as they try to solve riddles,and search for clues.She(the author)also throws in a little chemistry between the two characters that's on the hunt,but also puts in some drama to aide in the story line.Now keep in mind you(the reader)don't solve,or search for anything you are just along for the ride sort a speak.That's why Author Virginia Smith will heighten your emotions in certain insta ...more
Jessica
Dec 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mysteries
As always with Virginia Smith's mysteries, you reach a point where you realize, I'm not going to be able to put this down until I finish. This one was particularly twisty as well, with a murder, a kidnapping, and a trail of strange clues to follow. Thoroughly enjoyable, and I know want to go to Lexington and check some of the landmarks for hidden treasure . . .
Hildegart
Jan 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian
I waffled between giving this book three stars or four. Because it's a religious fiction, I decided to bump it up to a four. This is a book that I would feel comfortable letting my 13-year-old niece read. She likes mysteries and is reading at the adult level.
Nina
Aug 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
really good book, I would like to read more by this author. I couldn't put it done.
Judine Brey
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Susannah's love for her niece Lizzie and Jack's skillful ability to figure out clues for the high stakes scavenger hunt make up for the whirlwind two-day romance.
Ausjenny
Feb 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense
I bought this book last year and have been waiting to read the book and wasn't disappointed. Due to a what should have been a harmless game turns dangerous and puts Susanna in danger in a way she could never have imagine and Jack becomes involved due to co-incidence. Susanna doesn't want to trust Jack as she has had bad experience with one before but Jack is the only one who can help. The story hooked me from the beginning and had me wanting to find out what next. I love the concept of the game ...more
Judy
Feb 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Susanna had lost everything, her dad, mom and sister died in a fire, before that she had a fiance who turned out to be a spoiled rich kid that she could not trust and she lost her faith along the way as well.

When sent to a auto auction to get her boss a corvette that was there, she beat out Jack Townsend on the bid but he still offered to take the vehicle back for her. And then the trouble began.

As they arrived at her bosses business they find him dead and it all goes downhill from there.

And it
Michelle
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Two mere strangers, Jack and Susanna, soon find themselves becoming fast friends as they race against time to solve the clues in collecting tokens for a game neither of them want to play. But there is a prize at the end - saving a precious life.

There is a lot of suspense in this book. I loved the mystery that I couldn't figure out and the way everything fell into place. Obviously, I'm not a game solver - I would have never been able to figure the clues out on my own! That's what makes this book
Harlequin Books
"This was an excellent read, it was suspenseful with a good mix of mystery, fun and romance. ... provided a definite unexpected ending for the heroine Susanna (Susu) Trent and hero Jack Townsend to deal with." From a review posted by an eHarlequin.com member, to read more go here.
Suzanne Williams
Dec 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book takes you on a thrill ride of suspense. A great quick read, it has likeable characters, tons of plot, and a tinge of romance. The Christian Fiction theme is not overdone but fits in with the story nicely. If you like clean murder mysteries then you will love this book. I highly recommend it.
Melanie
Dec 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: personal-copy
I loved this book up until the end... it seemed to have been solved/ended way too quickly!

The characters were great and I loved the riddles - that was probably my favorite part.

A great read! :)

*This is my own personal copy. I was not required to write a review. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.*
Judine
Jul 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
John Hanscom
Jan 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
Actually, about a 3 1/2
Jennifer Dyer
Jun 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
I love cozy mysteries. I always enjoy Ginny Smith's.
Lisa Thomas
Jan 10, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Aug 21, 2015 06:11PM
  • Face of Danger
  • Flashpoint (Emerald Coast 911 #4)
  • Trail of Lies (Texas Ranger Justice, #4)
  • Murder at Granite Falls (Big Sky Series, #4)
  • Running Scared (Heroes for Hire, #2)
  • Risky Reunion (Protecting the Witnesses, #6)
  • Formula for Danger (Sonoma, #2)
  • Mission: Out of Control (Missions of Mercy, #2)
  • Protective Custody
  • The Innocent Witness (Protection Specialists, #1)
  • Keeping Guard
  • The Christmas Rescue
  • High-Stakes Inheritance (The Morgan Brothers #1)
  • Twin Targets  (Protecting the Witnesses, #1)
VIRGINIA SMITH is the bestselling author of thirty-one novels (and counting!), an illustrated children’s book, and over fifty articles and short stories. An avid reader with eclectic tastes in fiction, Ginny writes in a variety of styles, from lighthearted relationship stories to breath-snatching suspense. Her books have been finalists in many prestigious awards, and two of her novels received the ...more
More about Virginia Smith