Start by marking “Tempting Mr. Parker” as Want to Read:
Tempting Mr. Parker

Tempting Mr. Parker

3.65  ·  Rating details ·  307 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Thirty-nine year old CEO and architect Caden Parker is in love with Shakara James. For years he’s kept his attraction to the alluring stripper a secret, masking his guilty desire with disdain and contempt. When his hunger for the twenty-one year old becomes too hot to handle, he reveals his feelings, even though he’s afraid she’ll be disgusted and reject him.

Shakara yearn
Published (first published January 6th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Tempting Mr. Parker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tempting Mr. Parker

LynnMarie
Jan 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
LynnMarie's Review

Delilah Hunt earned a new fan in this reviewer. Her skill at bringing her characters to life was superb. I felt like I was watching a drama, not reading a book.

Shakara is a troubled young African-American woman struggling to survive on her own. She had a difficult past, but doesn't let it control her. Rather, she works hard and keeps a positive outlook on life. She's always had a crush on her best-friend's older brother. Caden is rich, powerful, and barely tolerates her.

When t
Jennifer  E
Jan 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
Joymzz
Aug 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: my-kindle-books
Ehhh! i like where the story was going but it was so damn short that i didn't have time to connect with the characters nor the story. :( for 5 dollars i expected way more. It just didn't do it for me. :(
Portia
Jan 23, 2011 added it
What happens when a 35 year old man falls for an African-American stripper half his age? Find out in author Delilah Hunt's debut novel. Not bad for a first novel...not bad at all.
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

Sex so hot I had to get my laptop a fire extinguisher! SIZZLE!!!!

The lovely Shakara James is best friends with heiress Julie Parker, but despite the attraction she feels for Julie's brother Cade, Cade has made it clear he does not like Shakara hanging out with his little sister, as he is certain Shakara is a bad influence.

Shakara is determined to make it on her own. She will not to be homeless and on the streets again, even if it me
postcrdprincess
Jan 25, 2011 rated it liked it
After reading the book description, I couldn’t wait to get started on the reading. Not only is this a story about an older man and younger woman, this is also an interracial romance with a BW/WM. Let me also state up front that this book contains some very hot sex scenes.

When I first started reading the book, I wasn’t sure if I was going to like Caden Parker. The things that he said to Shakara made me want to beat the crap out of him. How dare he stand in judgment of Shakara without really know
Littybell1 Harris
One thing I did appreciate about this read was the grammar and spelling was well done. Frankly, we have to give thanks for this since it is not often the case when reading some books in this genre. I consider this erotica based upon the sexual verbiage used so if you are not into that consider yourself warned. I liked the fact that her heroine was not as helpless or acting clueless as some I have read. She defended herself well in the face of ignorance and the fact that she was not really influe ...more
Jeanne
Feb 16, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: did-not-finish
I'm so bummed that I couldn't finish this book. It started out so promising. I really liked the set up with an older, reserved, rich, white man who is the older brother of the younger, working class, black girl's best friend. In fact, it read kind of like an Contemporary, interracial Pride and Prejudice. There was some really nice sexual tension between the two characters, some wonderfully playful snarky scenes where they played off each other nicely.

Then the sex scene pretty much ruined it all
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
I really loved the premise of the book and I thought the characters were likable, but not necessarily well developed. I think this would be a fantastic read if it were longer. I thought "Mr Parker's" switch from hating Shakara to head over heals in love...baby girl this and baby girl that, it just wasn't believable. Once I got past that little hiccup, I really enjoyed the story. I thought the transition from foe to lover was awkward at best, but the "Pretty Woman" vibe was good.

_________________
Karla
Aug 21, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sort of cute. Short, entertaining story.
Shakara has gone through a lot in her 21 years. She has fought for what little she has so she won't let anyone look down their noses at her for doing what she must to live.
Cade Parker is a 39 year old successful CEO of a very lucrative company. He knows appearances help in his line of work, so for 4 years he has kept his true feelings for Shakara a secret. A secret that eats at him until he can no longer control it and lets her know. How will Shakara reac
Bluecreek
Jun 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: ir-bw
I wanted to like it, but it was really hard to get past the age difference. I guess not so much just the age difference, but that Caden knew Shakara since she was a teenager and he was still well in his 30's already. Just a bit too weird for me. Some of the language was a bit strong for my taste as well. Still, not a bad book and I'm sure any number of people would like, just not really me. I did feel for Shakara more, she was a very strong young lady and pretty well developed for such a short r ...more
Javes
Jun 20, 2015 rated it liked it
This book was ok. Didn't like the fact that Shakara just immediately gave in. Even if she liked the guy you would think she had a wall up. He was over the top in his insults with her and demanded she call him "Mr. Parker"
Ok I can get over all, but what I can't stand is how she allows his friend and an overheard conversation has her "doing whats best for him" without giving him a chance to weigh in. I hate that as the conflict in romance, its crap. No one behaves that way, even when they're youn
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Temptation goes up against willpower in this erotic short story. From the lush curves of an innocent tempting a strict suit, this playful romp has the recipe for lust tempered with the dynamics of reality crashing down in an emotional storm. I felt that portions of this plot dragged a little and the lead male was frustratingly arrogant, but these might not sway every reader from this delicious little tale of passion.

Virginia
Reviewer for Coffee Time Romance and More

Full Review: http://www.coffee
MsKingsPens
This book had pacing issues, no plot development and no sense of setting. Shakara was given a background that made her seem strong and capable, but her actions in the story never fit who she was supposed to be. Cade went from jackhole to creeper in an instant never, ever coming across as desirable. The sex scenes (I refuse to call anything to do with this book "love") were just gross. The constant "baby girl" never fit either character. Do they make eye bleach?
Annie
Sep 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really liked this story but I just could not give it 5 stars.

I really liked Shakara, I understood her. Cade was another story. He was a jerk all because he couldn't work out his feelings.

I wish the story was a little longer, a little more fleshed out, and that the characters were built just a tad bit more.

I thought it was sweet that Cade was finally able to call her Baby Girl, it was a rapid switch but I figure he has probably called her that in his head for years.

Hadley Raydeen
Jun 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
I liked this book, but sometime in the middle I got bored. I wanted something more to happened. It picked up by the end but this book took longer to read than need be. I also got annoyed by how many times he called her "baby girl" It was distracting. I like Delilah's writing so I will come back for more.
Jooniebug
Aug 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book from the first page to the last. Its a story i will read again. Erotic love story. Just dont like the words 'baby girl' . It was my first book by delilah and i thought there was something missing. The whole concept of the story is pretty romantic thoigh hence 5 stars.
Sam Crescent
Jul 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica-i-love
This was my first I/R romance and it will not be my last.
Delilah Hunt has managed to add so many elements to this story. I love how the reader really gets the emotion of the male lead.

An all round fantastic read and one I didn't want to end.
Stacey Espino
Feb 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
What a great book! Delilah Hunt is such a skilled writer, making the book and romance come alive. I was glued to the pages and totally invested in the characters.

Highly recommend to anyone that likes a good romance with a bit of spice.

Genney Blass
Jun 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. I truly enjoy this story. I felt so sad with Shakara story. Cade aka Mr. Parker, dayum he sound sexy as hell. Overall a great book.
Emma Shortt
Feb 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Deliah writes effortlessly. I loved the characters, the story, all of it.

Can't wait to read more from this very engaging author.
Sharon
May 27, 2013 rated it it was ok
found it too slow when it came to the build up. the sex scenes did nothing for me found them a little too plastic.
Makhda
May 22, 2016 marked it as not-for-me-dnf
Shelves: mf-romance
Nichelle
May 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It had all the hot tension, erotica in it, plus the interracial element. Very nicely done Delilah Hunt, I will be seeking out more of your books.
Mspraise50
Aug 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love this author and I am so sorry it appears she has given up writing. This is one of the best books I have ever read. I love the how she writes.
Ashley Raymond
Oct 17, 2012
Sophia
Aug 14, 2013
  • Special Forces
  • The Heart of the Matter (Romancing the Mob Boss #2)
  • Burn
  • Tameka's Smile (True Mates, #4)
  • Never Too Old
  • Full Exposure
  • One Lucky Bastard
  • Happily Even After (The Second Time Around #1)
  • Eris (Eternal Truths Series, Book 1)
  • Night to Remember
  • Reye's Gold
  • Macy's Awakening
  • Nerds Are Freaks Too
  • Taken by Storm
  • Sunday
  • Wild in the City (Werewulf Journals, #1)
  • Ellora's Cavemen: Legendary Tails IV
  • Something Unexpected
Delilah Hunt is a serial daydreamer, known to stop in the middle of conversations to ponder something a character in her head has done, or is about to do. No, she isn't ready for the straitjacket yet. At least not until she brings to life all the heroes and villains vying for her attention.

Email: delilah@delilahhunt.com
More about Delilah Hunt...