Start by marking “El amanecer de una nueva era (Quinta Era, #1)” as Want to Read:
El amanecer de una nueva era  (Quinta Era, #1)

El amanecer de una nueva era (Dragonlance: Dragons of a New Age #1)

3.49  ·  Rating details ·  1,243 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Los dioses se han desvanecido y la magia se ha debilitado hasta casi desaparecer de Krynn. Es la Era de los Mortales, pero también es la Era de los Dragones, más grandes y poderosos que nunca. Arrasan pueblos, esclavizan a sus gentes y se proclaman señores supremos de Ansalon. Goldmoon, miembro del grupo original de los Compañeros, no se da por vencida y busca nuevos héroe ...more
Paperback, , 352 pages
Published November 1997 by Timun Mas (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about El amanecer de una nueva era, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about El amanecer de una nueva era

Kosowina
Feb 13, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book is the reason why I don't read any Dragonlance books not witten by Weis and/or Hickman.
Shannon Appelcline
This book's biggest problem is that it tries to entirely bridge the gap following the Summer of Chaos. Thus we got confusing interrelations with the previous novel, following by a long span when there's no clear protagonist, as 90 pages go by. The story only really starts after that.

Beyond that, the writing feels unpolished, and the romantic dialogue is particularly bad. I'm also not convinced by the super-villain evilness of the dragon overlords. However, the book also reads quickly and has som
Shanna
Jun 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The war is over, the world of Ansalon is trying to rebuild and pull itself back together. Magic has disappeared, as well as the Gods, making this the New Age of Mortals. A select few of the strongest most terrifying dragons swoop in while the world is still so fragile, they proclaim their dominance and control over the land. Death and destruction follow. A new unexpected group of heroes band together to fight this seemingly new war against evil and the dragons. Will they be able to work together ...more
Andrea Cannella
Aug 24, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, dragonlance
Con questo romanzo viene introdotta nella continuity di Dragonlance la "Quinta Era" che sarà poi approfondita e sviluppata tanto con i due volumi che concluderanno la presente trilogia, quanto con altri mini-cicli di vari autori. Il mio voto rappresenta una media (forse un po' generosa) fra una pessima prima parte del romanzo e una successva parte conclusiva solamente bruttina. Nella prima parte vengono infatti tratteggiati gli avvenimenti che intercorrono fra la fine della guerra del Caos (che ...more
Todd R
I've tried many times to get through this book...I finally succeeded. It wasn't the worst DL book I've read, and Rabe can tell a good story, but its like reading someone's tabletop D&D write-up that's only good to those playing it. There's alot of exposition about midway through that gets really tedious, that I found myself skimming quickly through.
The attempts at drama are juvenile and simple, I found myself wondering why the attempt was even made, it was handled so poorly it was silly and
Pachy Tarari
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-i-own, 2017
Era reticente a leer un libo de la saga no escrito por los autores principales, pero como en las guías que he visto dicen que esta trilogía es imprescindible, me decidí, y la verdad que no me ha gustado mucho. Para ser sincera, no sé si ha sido por la escritora o porque la estructura y personajes de la historia ya están muy trillados. Aún así, me ha gustado la nueva trama de los dragones, ya veremos dónde nos lleva.
Isaac Clarke
ისეთი პირი უჩანს რო ჰიკმანის და ვაისის დაწერილის გარდა ამ სერიის წაკითხვას აზრი არ აქვს, მარა ნაჭამი რო გაქვს უკვე რა გინდა რო ქნა, უნდა გააგრძელო. :(
Christian, Kelanth, Scala
Jan 17, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
L'era dei dragoni, in originale "The Dawning of a New Age", è un romanzo fantasy del ciclo di Dragonlance, di Jean Rabe del 2000. La cronologia dell'universo fantasy di Dragonlance si snoda in cinque ere progressive, che mutano l'una nell'altra in corrispondenza di eventi particolarmente traumatici. Un punto centrale nella linea temporale di Krynn è il Cataclisma, di importanza fondamentale per la storia del mondo.

La trama del romanzo: dopo gli eventi narrati nei Draghi dell’Estate di Fuoco, Kry
Rebecca
I'm going to be blunt: This was not a very good book.

If you trim the fat and exposition and try to summarize the plot in a concise way, you just get "evil dragons are happening, so Goldmoon summons a party of adventurers, and along the way, they have some random monster encounters". I get that it's part one of a trilogy and they're trying to set something up, but with Weis and Hickman, they at least try to have something noteworthy happen in each book. Here, it's just a wacky little roadtrip whe
Tama Wise
I hold the original 6 Dragonlance books close and dear to my heart, having read them as a teenager. I didn't even think that the Chaos War book, which was written a long time after by the original authors was all that bad a sequel either. Then came the next 3 books. I thought to myself after reading half of the first, if this is what the original Dragonlance books are like, then I never want to reread them. Instead cling to my tender memories.

Dawning of a New Age is set between the original book
Theddy Blanc
When I read this book in middle school, I went nuts. Giving a much closer read several years later, I found that it wasn’t nearly the masterpiece I believed it to be. This book was about a world in which the Gods abandoned mankind and Dragons rise against humans with only a sloppy band of heroes to save the day. The story was well thought out and was moderately creative in the way of fantasy fiction. The characters were colorful and had the ability to engage the reader and the language was mildl ...more
Nick
Oct 02, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009-challenge, tbr, owned
The Dawning of a New Age is the first book in "The Fifth Age" series in the Dragonlance Universe. This is my first experience with books: a) not written by Weis and Hickman and b) outside of the "classic" series of the books. My response: average. The story contained all of the requisite swordplay, magic and intrigue, but let's face it, Dhamon does not as of yet have the breadth of a character like Sturm, Tanis or Caramon.[return][return]The Dragonlance series is my siren song. If I am looking f ...more
Lana
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I do truly believe that this is not the age of mortals but that of the great dragons, who have turned evil and are so much bigger and cutting up krynn into their separate territories and terrains! we have the great red malystrix, the great blue formerly known as skye and partner to kitiara now know as kellandros, then there is beryl and the great white who lives in the ice terrain he created! they are out to dominate krynn and they are viewing humans who have since lost nearly all their magic as ...more
Marco
Jul 31, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
The Ansalon of the new age trilogy is dramatically different from the classic one featured in the previous trilogies by Weis and Hickman. There is really little in common, and this will probably put off every classic Dragonlance fan. This said, the book is quite entertaining, and a pleasure to read. I liked the effort of the author in trying to be inclusive. The book features a diverse set of characters of different ethnicity and with disabilities.
carnival
During the lecture I had a suspicious feeling that the book wasn't written to amaze or interest the reader but... just to be written. It's hard to find more typical fantasy with such unoriginal and vague characters. As always, we have an expedition, a brave young hero, dangerous enemies and a final battle.
It may be bearable to read if you are bored and you have only cooking book as an alternative.
Well - I must have been really bored.
Tonari
May 19, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ci ho provato, ma non ci sono riuscito. A 13 anni da "I draghi dell'estate di fuoco" ho voluto continuare il discorso dove l'avevo lasciato. Sono arrivato a metà, ma non ce l'ho fatta.
L'idea di base è carina (anche se immagino sia stata realizzata sotto precise direttive della TSR), ma personaggi insulsi e enormi buchi logici (come anche la solenne buffonata del concilio dei maghi) mi hanno allontanato sempre più dalla storia.
Magari salterò direttamente alla Guerra delle Anime.
Jennifer Kibble
Aug 28, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book didn't click for me. Maybe I shouldn't have read Dawn of Summer Flame right before reading The Dawning of a New Age. Seems to me, that only a few authors can really capture the Dragonlance universe.

This book did start to take off near the end, so hopefully the second and third book in this series are better than the first.
Michael Ware
Decent story about a big fat dragon killing other dragons. I think this was an attmept to resuscitate the series. A good way to pass the time and an enjoyable read, but not the epic I was expecting.
Avaminn F'nett
Oct 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm not quite sure why this didn't get good reviews. Unlike lots of other Dragonlance books not written by Weis and Hickman, this one actually has a good writing style. I don't like it nearly as much as the original books but I still really enjoyed it. Plus, I really liked the kender character.
David
Mar 01, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-wotc
A great series. New characters mixed with old. New magic and the dragon overlords. Creation of the dragon spawn. Ancient magic and artifacts. This book and series really drew me and made me enjoy and care what was happening on Krynn.
Matt
Aug 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
I thought it was a good book
Alexander Faria
interesante pero le falto
Paraskevi Oppio
Not as good as the Chronicles or Legends, it was just okay.
Benjamin
C F Stott
May 15, 2016
GeoDave101
Feb 15, 2012
  • Spirit of the Wind (Dragonlance: Bridges of Time, #1)
  • The Rose and the Skull (Dragonlance: Bridges of Time, #4)
  • Heroes and Fools (Dragonlance Tales of the Fifth Age, #2)
  • Lord of the Rose (Dragonlance: Rise of Solamnia, #1)
  • The Clandestine Circle (Dragonlance: Crossroads, #1)
  • The Medusa Plague (Dragonlance: Defenders of Magic, #2)
  • Tides of Blood (Dragonlance: The Minotaur Wars, #2)
  • Tears of the Night Sky (Dragonlance: Chaos War, #2)
  • Knights of the Sword (Dragonlance: The Warriors, #3)
When I am not writing, I toss tennis balls to my cadre of dogs. My house is filled with books and dogs, you can smell both when you walk in the front door. It's a good smell.

I have 36 published novels and am currently writing in the mystery genre. My latest mystery, The Dead of Winter, was a finalist for the Claymore Award and is the first in the Piper Blackwell series.

I live in a tiny town in the
More about Jean Rabe...

Dragonlance: Dragons of a New Age (3 books)
  • The Day of the Tempest (Dragonlance: Dragons of a New Age, #2)
  • The Eve of the Maelstrom (Dragonlance: Dragons of a New Age, #3)