Start by marking “Colored Sugar Water: A Spiritual Tale” as Want to Read:
Colored Sugar Water: A Spiritual Tale

Colored Sugar Water: A Spiritual Tale

From the bestselling author of So Good and All of Me comes a sexy, soulful, and heartwarming new novel for anyone who has ever found love -- and wondered whether it was too good to be true.Colored Sugar Water introduces Lucy Merriweather and Adel Kelly, both dealing with life issues. Lucy is thirty-five, single, and in great shape thanks to her career as a fitness manager ...more
Published January 1st 2002 by Dutton Adult

To ask other readers questions about Colored Sugar Water, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Colored Sugar Water

Start your review of Colored Sugar Water: A Spiritual Tale
Diana
I guess I would give this 3.5 stars. It is a solid story, consistent and flowing, but there was something missing and I think it has to do with the female characters.

Lucy: Very flaky. She is very judgmental and yet can't make up her own mind on how to live her life or what man she should love.

Adel: Hot mess. She thinks getting pregnant will change a trifling man and the author decided to let her have her dream but it was not realistic for me.

I have so many unanswered questions as well. Like,
laura campos
Jan 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Colored sugar water, which is actually tea with a little bit of sugar in it, is all about being happy with a normal, humble, living in faith kind of life. The main characters, Lucy and Adel, have to question and test everything about their lives in order to find out what brings them true happiness and the characters are given plenty of time to figure it out.
The first couple of chapters were hard and almost made me want to throw out the entire book completely because both accomplished successful
Eboni Blu
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my second time reading this book in 5 years and I am always pleasantly entertained by it. It was artfully written, with the ending just as intriguing as the beginning. Makes for a sizzling summer read.
T Pitts
Feb 23, 2017 rated it liked it
With a captivating beginning and middle, Colored Sugar Water ultimately ended up disappointing me in the end. As I flipped through the final pictures, I kept wondering to myself: when was it going to end? I have a handful of questions that were never even touched. Mostly, why does the last chapter exist? Similar to a movie that goes on 30 minutes too long, my review would have been higher had I stopped reading 3/4 of the way through. Fabulous voice, nonetheless.
Antof9
Dec 02, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2007-read
Finished on the plane from Newark to Denver.

I didn't much like this concoction of New Orleans-style voodoo religion, Jehovah's Witness doorbell ringing, and classic Baptists. It was over the top, and I was pretty disappointed in it. Most likely, I wouldn't have bothered finishing it in other circumstances, but I only had one book left for the flight home, and I didn't want to run out of book!

Ironically, the one thing I marked to write about in this book is based on how my next book starts. The
Kim
Mar 02, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult-fiction
[2020 PopSugar Challenge - A book with a three-word title]

My copy didn't have "A Spiritual Tale" on the front of it and it doesn't mention religion in the descriptive categories at the beginnings, so I was definitely thrown by how religious the book was. I'm all about character growth through a book, but the religious bits were just very much over-the-top that I found myself rolling my eyes quite a bit.
Nastassia Davis
Apr 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Kookie
Sep 25, 2012 rated it it was ok
My copy did not have the subtitle "A Spiritual Tale". I'm not much for spiritual tales so I didn't really care for this, but it was a fine way to pass the time while riding a stationary bike. Meh.
Elizabeth Towns
Adriane
Sep 10, 2007
Apphia Barton
May 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Let's just say the only reason I completed this book is because I am a "compulsive finisher". What a life. This doesn't mean i don't procrastinate as much as the next guy - just that whatever the task, it'll churn and gnaw at my insides until I finish what I've started.

I've said all this to say,

I started this book in June 2016

T M
Mar 06, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Harbor Town: A short story
  • Sis, Even Without Their Support. Push Forward. (The Sis, Series Book 1)
  • Tears of a Tiger (Hazelwood High, #1)
  • Star in the Storm