Start by marking “This Heart of Mine (Chicago Stars #5)” as Want to Read:
This Heart of Mine (Chicago Stars #5)

This Heart of Mine (Chicago Stars #5)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  24,067 Ratings  ·  977 Reviews
New York Times bestselling author Susan Elizabeth Phillips magic is vibrantly alive, and it's on display in This Heart of Mine, the fifth book in her wildly popular Chicago Stars series!

Molly Somerville loves her career as the creator of the Daphne the Bunny children's book series, but the rest of her life could use some improvement. She has a reputation for trouble that s
Published March 17th 2009 by William Morrow (first published February 6th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about This Heart of Mine, please sign up.

Alets HeroesAreMyWeakness AGREED, there are people who will not look past that without much emotional distress. I know it seems like I am mocking, I promise I am not. (But I…moreAGREED, there are people who will not look past that without much emotional distress. I know it seems like I am mocking, I promise I am not. (But I understand there are also people who will not notice it, or conveniently forget all about it.)

I am working on figuring out my thoughts on the book. SEP has a history of "controversial" moments in her books though, so I wasn`t exactly surprised something like this is in one of them.(less)

Ana
“Are you demented, you stupid badger ? Is that your problem ? Or are you just an idiot ?"
"As to that, I... Did you just call me a badger ?"
"A bastard. I called you a bastard.”

photo wwwwwwwwwwww_zps6sem9zpn.jpg

I am writing this review while simultaneously sunbathing. I apologize for the suckiness.

This Heart of Mine has turned me into a book lover. Or should I say, romance book lover. I rarely read romance novels before I discovered Susan Elizabeth Phillips. I own nearly every single book she ever wrote. I'm definitely a Sep
Krista (I remember you, Min) (Critical)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Carol [Goodreads Addict] by: Kelly
This Heart of Mine is book #5 in the Chicago Stars series by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. This book was a gift from my dear friend, Kelly, and I am so thankful she gave it to me. I have read one other book by this author and I fell in love with it. Is it possible, now, to love SEP even more? This book had me laughing out loud and within a few minutes, breaking my heart. The characters were loveable, the story wonderful and silly and engaging. It was unputdownable. I have decided that SEP’s writing ...more
Anna's Ramblings ツ
Blown away!

Another winner by SEP. That woman doesn’t know how to write a bad book. I could tear out every third page from this book and it would still be one of the best books I’ve ever read.

I swear her books emit some kind of invisible drug that makes you addicted to them.

QUICK REVIEW:

♥Sharon♥
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*************************

(re-read June, 2016)

Sometimes things are just a bit better the second time around. And re-reading THoM was just that. If I could add another 5 stars to my rating I would. SEP truly is an amazing author. I was quickly reminded of the moments I fell in love with the first time and I was lucky enough to experience a few new wonderful moments that I apparently missed last June.

If you love SEP and haven't read this one then you must read it soon.

If you love SEP and have read
Karen
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
5 STARS
[image error]  photo 6a00d8341c8f0053ef012876885cae970c-450wi.jpg

SENSATIONAL True to my last review… I once again have a new favorite. Honestly, this series… the books are all so incredibly good that I am giddy with joy every time I finish one. Instead of boring you with my incessant gushing, I’ll get right to the meat…

[image error]  photo 5a4e35e85c1935489a6b776ca3a83f09.jpg

Molly Sommerville is twenty-seven. And after growing up as a bit of a trouble maker, she is finally finding her place in the world. She struggled through a lonely childhood as Bert Sommerville’s youngest daugh
Audrey
May 28, 2012 rated it did not like it
I tried to like this book, but I really just didn't.

I was waffling between giving this book a 1 or a 2 because it's not like I absolutely hated it like some of the other 1-star books I've read. However, I didn't like it, so I don't think it really merits that 2-star "it was okay" sort of generosity.

No matter how charming, self-sacrificing, and noble the hero Kevin was, I just couldn't like or enjoy reading about the immature, periodically TSTL, and impulsively reckless heroine Molly. She was sel
Mo
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had forgotten how good this book was. It was a re-read. Karen's updates made me do it!!

It was sad, happy, funny, sexy. I loved Molly. I remember her from the very first book and it was nice to see her get her own story.

This book sort of three stories going. We had Kevin and Molly. Daphne and Benny (how sweet were they?) and then we had Lilly and Liam
Karla

5 Stars! One of my favorites in the series. Kevin Tucker...I never expected him to turn into such a gem of a man!

The deception on the part of Molly in the beginning in the book had me wondering how I was ever going to past it. I wasn't too keen on her, but I started to understand, forgave her and found myself rooting for her. Kevin Tucker is not just a football hero, he's a woman's hero. What he does and who he becomes...well they don't get much better than him. What made this book a winner was
Val ⚓️ ShamelessBitchySKANKY ⚓️ Steamy Reads
I'm definitely in the minority here, but I didn't love this.

I intensely disliked Molly. I thought she was immature to the point of idiocy and I thought her actions regarding Kevin, his campground, and his career were extremely selfish and disrespectful.
Ingela
Written February 1, 2015

4 Stars - As always wonderfully enjoyable about gorgeous fotball men and smart hilarious women in SEP's great Chicago Stars world

The 11:26 hrs audiobook edition narrated by Anna Fields.

This Heart of Mine is the fifth in the Chicago Stars series. Seven standalone (sweet and chuckling funny) love stories. This will be my fourth. (view spoiler)
Alice Kellen
Sep 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favoritos
¿Qué puedo decir? SEP tiene un don. Aunque no son precisamente cortas, todas sus historias las he devorado en un par de días; están muy bien escritas, tienen mensaje, evolución, personajes trabajados y de lo más variopintos, diálogos para aplaudir, detalles de esos que marcan la diferencia, un ritmo perfecto y ese je ne sais quoi que te hace cerrar el libro con una sonrisa tonta en la cara.
Y mucho me temo (porque en el fondo no quiero terminar la saga), que hoy empiezo "Cázame si puedes".
Mara
Amy
This travesty deserves 0 stars

This is basically the "love" story of a rapist (the female protagonist, Molly) and her victim (male protag Kevin).

It's every bit as repulsive as you could possibly imagine.

First, we're introduced to little Orphan Molly. She's had a crush on the QB of the Chicago Stars for years. Too bad he's never, not once, noticed her plain jane self. Then it's established that Molly has impulse control issues and needs to act out every few years or so due to her mother's death/
Hannah
Oct 01, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I've read the majority of the Chicago Stars series, not in order, and actually started out with Match Me If You Can on accident when I found it lying around a thrift store when I was in high school. So far, I've read Annabelle and Heath's story more times than I'd like to admit, because they're just adorable and I fell in love with them.

If you've read any SEP, you know what's coming. Same basic story line, some different personalities thrown in each time. I really enjoy most of SEP's titles beca
Malin
Warning! This review will contain spoilers for the book, because it's impossible for me to convey all my vitriol without going into plot specifics.

Molly Sommerville (who we first met as a frankly horrid teenager in It Had to Be You) is now all grown up and making a living as a children's book author, writing illustrated books about Daphne the Bunny, a rabbit who appears to wear designer clothes and going on adventures based on events in Molly's own life. While Molly inherited a multi-million do
MBR

5++ star contemporary romance

First of all, I just have got to say, what a great read! This book has everything that makes a great romance. Susan Elizabeth’s charm never fails to evoke all the right emotions from the reader.

I haven’t really been reading the Chicago Stars series in order, a fact which I am thinking of remedying by starting from Book 1 of the series, the story of Molly’s sister which I am really interested in reading after seeing quick sneaks into her life with Dan Calebo.

Molly a
Megha
May 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can now add Kevin to the list of Shea, Lucas & Tate and Molly to Falon, Elli & Audrey.

These two are phenomenal! i love absolutely love the way this story is written! its got its moments but its hilarious! its also so visually stimulating that when SEP describes the camground and the cottages and the attic, one can actually see all of those come alive in the mind's eye. Atleast i could. and that makes reading the novel so very very enriching as an experience. Its like she is taking you
Natalia
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adoro cualquier libro de SEP, disfruto y me siento como si tuviera 18 años de nuevo. Siento siempre una ilusión por leer y pasar el rato disfrutando de una historia (historias) de amor diferente y apasionante. Apenas he dormido y me levantado prontísimo para poder terminar este libro (¡que ya me había leído antes!)

Es algo tan maravilloso poder leer libros donde los personajes crecen, se conocen entre ellos y sobre todo, se conocen a ellos mismos.

Molly es asombrosa, aparentemente una chica normal
CONSUELO
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Todo lo que escribe esta mujer es sencillamente maravilloso. ...si bien me quedo con el anterior de la serie como el mejor. ...Ha sido una gran lectura. ...Tiene momentazos buenísimos ¡
La Narradora
4,5. SEP lo ha vuelto a hacer. Esta mujer siempre me convence pero Molly y Kevin han sido diversión, emoción y entretenimiento. Empezó un poco demasiado parecida a la tercera novela de la serie pero en seguida Molly y sus locuras desmarcan la historia para convertirla en un nuevo acierto. Voy a echar de menos a Daphne la conejita y a Benny el tejón ;) Epílogo de lo más original, te deja con una sonrisa tonta en la boca y con pena por poner fin a la historia. Reseña completa en http://www.lanarra ...more
Nisha
Jun 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Nisha by: SEP fans and those who like romantic comedies
I thought I stopped judging books by their cover, but for the longest time, I couldn't pick this book up because of its not-nearly-as-exciting cover. Anyway, that was very childish of me since this happened to be one of the best SEP book I've read. I loved both Molly, for her children's books, and Kevin, cuz he's 'duh man', jk. Anyway, the secondary love story was pretty hot too (all that paint), but since they were older and both passionate artists, i had very little connection to them.

The chil
Milica's Bookshelf
5 Slytherin Stars

Molly se pojavljuje u prvoj knjizi Chicago stars serijala kad je pravo derište, ali je odrasla i postala divna mlada žena. Kevina smo upoznali u trećem delu serijala i njih dvoje su tako savršeni jedno za drugo.

Kevin je stao i neko je vrijeme samo gledao. Molly je sjedila prekriženih nogu na livadi dok joj je sunce obasjavalo gola ramena, a par žutih leptira lepršao oko glave poput mašnica za kosu. Bila je utjelovljenje snova koje je izgubio, snova o svemu što je želio, a nije
Anzu The Great Destroyer
Another wonderful story brought to us by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. I must say that the whole Chicago Stars series, so far at least, is amazing. This story was simple, but what made it great were the characters. She has great talent when creating fascinating characters, and this is one of the things I love most when reading her books.

In This Heart of Mine I got attached to Kevin even since the beginning. In the previous books from the series I always sided with the girls, especially since the guy
Mandy
Jul 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: athlete, ugly-cry
I almost gave up on this one in the beginning - it was a bit of a messy start but I'm so glad I kept going because I ended up loving this one. There were parts that made me angry, frustrated and sad but there was a lot that had me laughing out loud. This might be my favorite in this series.
Patry Fernandez
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ME HA ENCANTADO
Piper
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
Another great story in this delightful series. Moving quickly on to number six.
Ian
Jun 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Susan Elizabeth Phillips always delivers the goods.
Bangin' Book Club: March Book Club Pick: This Heart of Mine 1 5 Apr 15, 2014 09:01AM
  • True Love and Other Disasters (Chinooks Hockey Team, #4)
  • Fair Play (New York Blades, #2)
  • Sliding Home (Richmond Rogues, #4)
  • Smooth Talking Stranger (Travises, #3)
  • Slow Heat (Pacific Heat, #2)
  • Knock Me Off My Feet
  • Bring Him Home (Special Forces, #3)
  • Hot Number (Hot Zone #2)
SUSAN ELIZABETH PHILLIPS

Susan Elizabeth Phillips is an international bestseller whose books have been published in over 30 languages. She’s the only four-time recipient of the Romance Writers of America’s prestigious Favorite Book of the Year Award, and a recipient of their Lifetime Achievement Award. Among her other accomplishments, Susan created the sports romance.

Susan's newest book, FIRST STAR
More about Susan Elizabeth Phillips...

Chicago Stars (8 books)
  • It Had to Be You (Chicago Stars, #1)
  • Heaven, Texas (Chicago Stars, #2)
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
  • Dream a Little Dream (Chicago Stars, #4)
  • Match Me If You Can (Chicago Stars, #6)
  • Natural Born Charmer (Chicago Stars, #7)
  • First Star I See Tonight (Chicago Stars, #8)

“Did anybody tell you that you're a few french fries short of a Happy Meal?” 101 likes
“It was a kiss made in lonely dreams. A kiss that took its time. A kiss that felt so right she couldn't remember all the reasons it was wrong.” 98 likes