Start by marking “The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Radio Theatre's Chronicles of Narnia, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Radio Theatre's Chronicles of Narnia, #5)

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Radio Theatre's Chronicles of Narnia, #5)

Fully dramatized and produced with cinema-quality sound design and music, each title in Radio Theatre's Chronicles of Narnia is now available in a travel-friendly size. Hosted by Douglas Gresham, stepson of C. S. Lewis, these timeless classics have mesmerized millions around the world. Upon entering an enchanted world called Narnia, four ordinary children learn extraordina ...more
Audio CD, Abridged, 224 pages
Published October 1st 2001 by Tyndale Entertainment

To ask other readers questions about The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Emily
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Possibly my favorite chapter in the Narnia series. I always adored Caspian, and I find Eustace's journey to be a stellar story.
Skyler Ainscough
Dec 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
James McIntosh
Although I can't remember exactly how many times I listened to Focus On the Family Radio Theatre versions of "The Chronicles of Narnia" stories while I was growing up, I do remember my whole family greatly enjoyed them every time. Each book is adapted into a marvelous, beautiful experience containing great narration, voice acting, and sound effects. The introductions by Lewis's stepson are also pretty cool. I need to listen to these adaptions again...

(Note: I don't agree with how they numbered t
Melinda
Wonderfully presented and acted. This has been a decades old family friend, especially for our young friends who cannot read yet but want the independence of going to "read" when they want to.... just pop it in to listen and voila!
Lisa Paul
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My boys, ages 8 and 10, and I loved the radio theatre version!
Burak Duman
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Bu kitaba da her Narnia kitabında olduğu gibi bayıldım, Eustace çok gıcıktı o kadar. Fakat ejderha olarak kalmasını isterdim, çok iyi bilgiler toplayabilirdi :D. Fare oraya gittikten sonra, daha doğrusu Fare, Eski Kral ve Eustace Şafak Yıldızı'ndan ayrıldıktan sonra neler olduğunu sanırım diğerleri hiç öğrenemeyecek, bunu biliyor olmak acı.
sch
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Kids were eager to begin another one with Eustace and Caspian. We listen during long car rides into Jakarta.
The UHQ Nasanta

While I suppose that the changes were necessary for adaptation to Radio Theatre, unlike the previous three audiobooks in the series, I noticed the changes more and with displeasure.

There were a few changes made to adapt for Radio Theatre that I did not like, particularly when they left out what I thought were key lines that would have better explained the situation or another character's response better. While the actor for Eustace was decent enough, I did not agree with his acting, mos
Jane G Meyer
Oct 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: classics, middlegrade
We checked out this dramatized, audio version of Voyage of the Dawn Treader, and listened to it in the car. The movie is due out this fall... Can't wait!

This has always been one of my favorite Narnia books--the story has many fun plot twists and great character development in Eustace. And it's a very complete tale, with a lovely ending that wrapped up the series well (until Lewis decided to write a few more books about Narnia later...).

The dramatization was pretty fun. I think I might have prefe
DilanAc
Nov 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
I know that this book is filled with Christian imagery but since I don't know Christianity very well most of that eluded me. Still it is a wonderful story filled with realistic children who go on meaningful adventures. I see why it is so popular 50 years later.

Here's the first sentence - "There was a boy called Eustace Clarence Scrubb, and he almost deserved it." How can anyone resist such an opening?"
Troy Morrow
Jan 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
My favorite Narnia book so far. It's exciting, funny, full of adventure and fantasy. It has amazing messages about God; C.S Lewis did a great job of including Him in this one. :)
Kirstin
Elizabeth
Feb 04, 2010
Tacowsh1t
Aug 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing
SO far this is my favorite one in the series!
Heather Crowley
Oct 27, 2014
Erik
Oct 30, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Paul McCusker is a writer of many different kinds of things. You may know him from Adventures In Odyssey and Focus On The Family Radio Theatre. Or the Father Gilbert Mysteries. Or the Augustine Institute audio dramas Brother Francis: The Barefoot Saint of Assisi and The Trials of Saint Patrick. Or plays like The First Church of Pete's Garage and Catacombs. Or C.S. Lewis projects like The Chronicle ...more