Start by marking “Purging Your House, Pruning Your Family Tree: How to Rid Your Home and Family of Demonic Influence and Generational Oppression” as Want to Read:

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  313 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Is there a war going on in your home?
Does a weeping willow describe your family tree?
Do you secretly wish you had been born to a different family?
Did you pick up some bad DNA from someone in your lineage?

Our homes should be places of love and security, but demonic activity and hindrances often fill them with conflict, dissatisfaction, and disillusionment. Purging Your
Published February 1st 2011 by Charisma House

To ask other readers questions about Purging Your House, Pruning Your Family Tree, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Purging Your House, Pruning Your Family Tree

Greg
I've been lording over the Christianity section of the store on and off from the better part of the last 7 years. Before that I worked in the section sometimes, and I like to think I have been aware of what kind of books live there. When I started the Christian Inspiration / Living section was mainly self-help books with a Christian bent, that and the prosperity gospel books and how to stay a virgin until you get married. In the past few years though there have been more and more books about spi ...more
Christy Lockstein
Jan 25, 2011 rated it it was ok
Purging Your House, Pruning Your Family Tree by Perry Stone is a Christian guide to help you clean out demonic influences from your home and life. Stone, a Charismatic minister and writer, wants to help readers clean out their homes and lives of spiritual influences that may be bringing them down. From a family history of abuse and addiction to bringing accursed things into your home to using the authority of the Blood of Christ, Stone offers advice and solutions for many problems Christians may ...more
Angela
May 23, 2011 added it
My short and simple review:
If you believe in this sort of thing, this book is worth reading. There.
Karen
Jun 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book. the best of it's kind i have ever read. simple an easy to understand. highly needed.
Judith Moisi
Dec 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful and informative book. I would love to buy more copies for all my friends. I've learned so much.
Carina
May 26, 2017 added it
The book, "Purging Your House, Pruning Your Family Tree" by Perry Stone tells how people can get rid of evil spirits in your house. In the novel, it tells you ways to avoid negative spirits from messing with your life. The author gives you advice if you bring accursed things into your home or having a family history of abuse and addiction.
Sandra
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent scriptural teaching

Impactful. Great for getting into the word and learning from experiences of Pastor Perry and individuals in the bible. Be blessed
Bernice
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a very interesting and thought-provoking book. I read it over a very long time period, and actually want to go back and re-read it.
Sara Zevallos
Great for learning how to protect you and your family.
Abbie Riddle
Sep 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book is long over due. Though there is much out there regarding the deliverance movement this book by far surpasses them all. I am most impressed with the fact that Perry Stone doesn’t just give a list of prayers but rather approaches this as a lesson in the spirit world. I think too often there is a great divide in believers – those who jump off deep into the spiritual realm without understanding it and those who just want to act as if there is not spiritual world. Either of these approach ...more
Gerald
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I will use an analogy to describe my experience with this book.
At the onset, it felt like someone on 100km/hr cruise control riding on a lonely smooth highway. The velocity is neither too fast nor too slow, just okay. I wasn't impressed overall, but every now and then, Perry makes salient and important points. And I'd say, "okay lets keep going, maybe I will bump into something that will be really important and life-changing."

And I did!

The last chapter or two was a gold mine!

Terry shared from
K. O'Bibliophile
Jul 17, 2011 rated it it was ok
I admit, because of the title I wanted this to be a ridiculously bad book. Unfortunately, it's not. If you believe, like Perry Stone does, the evil spirits can directly influence your life, then the book will fall perfectly into that category, though I can't say that it will be much help since I don't fall into that camp.

If you don't and you want a funny read, this still won't work. Stone misquotes scripture and uses some strange logic, such as blaming modern families like the Kennedys for their
Kim
I originally purchased this to read about generational curses, and this book definitely gave me some different insights into possible spiritual warfare. I would probably give this 3.5 stars if able just because it did make me think (even when I didn't agree with the author's viewpoint). While I did find some of his ideas interesting, I found myself getting bored with some sections so it took me quite awhile to finally finish this.
Jenna Fox
Sep 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It's true, the other realm we can't see CAN and DOES influence our lives. This fantastic book reveals and proves the disturbing truths about very common and seemingly innocent objects in our homes that can attract evil into our hearts, minds and lives.

Helpful info for believers/non-believers and all faiths/denominations.

Brooke
Jul 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Perry Stone is one of the best out there! i have watched him on tv for years and own a couple of his books and have never been disappointed with anything he has written. he lays out simple steps and plans for living a better life and how to fight spiritually against satans attacks that come against you and your family.
Elizabeth Robinson
Dec 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Just finished this book after a year of reading. I have become a slow reader. It has good advice and good insight like most other books by Perry Stone. The only thing keeping it from five stars is the fact that some of the personal stories have been told in other books and I get tired of hearing the same story once.
Pharm Matthew
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
just a bit of american history and personal stories. Stone is influenced so much by Jewish culture that he plasters all his books with it. Its lame and predictable and this book is not that great as it could be.
Adam
Jan 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Very powerful and insightful. The stories, especially of the Kennedy's were extremely enlightening. Some of the ideas are a little extreme, but these are extreme days! Chew on the meat, spit out the bones... But read this book if you want more tools to help you win in the spiritual combat we face!
Valerie Moore
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Life changing information!

This information was the next step in my spiritual growth. The practical application for my life was a God ordained encounter. I love how I can count on God to lead me to lead me to the next revelation. Thank you Jesus!
Evelyn
Mar 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Why settle & live in defeat all your life, when you can pick up your god-giving spiritual authority over the evil rulers of this world and make the decision to live the life God intended for you all along.
Insightful, Informative, Encouraging, Liberating!!!
Carrie
Jul 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Interesting read. I do believe in supernatural battles occurring. This book has a lot of interesting theories about things pertaining to spiritual forces. some chapters were better than others and he states he did a lot of research. I would like to know more about that research.
Geoffrey Abrams
Dec 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Somethings might start small, however, if God is present in them it will outlive the initiator. 'The good seed of God's Word that dwells in you and you continually planting into the hearts and minds of your own family will outlive you..' Happy planting and the Holy Spirit will bring the harvest.
E. Scott Harvey
Feb 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely outstanding work by Perry Stone.

I want my entire family to read this.
Connie Smith
Jun 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
All of Perry Stones Books have a great amount of history and are good guides to live by, this one is good for the home/family guide to live by.
Debbie Williams
Mar 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
a useful and informative tool.
Shelly
Sep 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Not quite the book I thought it would be, but interesting nonetheless.
Chris
Oct 06, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: breaking-curses
Ok, HOW do you purge your house? There are a few suggestions here and there but nothing like Prayers that Heal the Heart.
Katie
Feb 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!
Danny
Oct 14, 2013 rated it it was ok
Just didnt sit well with me
Laura S Booker
Apr 19, 2015
  • Everyone's Guide to Demons  Spiritual Warfare: Simple, Powerful Tools for Outmaneuvering Satan in Your Daily Life
  • Hell: Separate Truth from Fiction and Get Your Toughest Questions Answered
  • The Purpose and Power of Authority: Discovering the Power of Your Personal Domain
  • Psalm 91
  • A Cry for Justice
  • Unconditional?: The call of Jesus to radical forgiveness
  • 100 Days of Favor: Daily Readings From Unmerited Favor
  • Prayers that Release Heaven On Earth: Align Yourself with God and Bring His Peace, Joy, and Revival to Your World
  • What Do You Think of Me? Why Do I Care?: Answers to the Big Questions of Life
  • The 10 Commandments of Marriage: The Do's and Don'ts for a Lifelong Covenant
  • Revise Us Again: Living from a Renewed Christian Script
  • The Art of War for Spiritual Battle: Essential Tactics and Strategies for Spiritual Warfare
  • Nudge: Awakening Each Other to the God Who's Already There
  • Rules of Engagement: Preparing for Your Role in the Spiritual Battle
  • Everything: What You Give and What You Gain to Become Like Jesus
  • Spirit Wars: Winning the Invisible Battle Against Sin and the Enemy
  • Pure Desire: Helping People Break Free from Sexual Struggles
  • 5 Conversations You Must Have with Your Son
Perry Stone directs one of America’s fastest growing ministries - Voice of Evangelism. From its 70,000 square foot International Ministry Center, Voice of Evangelism is striving to reach the world with the gospel of Christ through revivals, television, audio/video media, printed material, and missionary sponsorship. Perry has authored over forty books and booklets; produced over one hundred videos ...more
More about Perry Stone

• Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Fall Down 7 Times Get Up 8: A Young Man's Voice from the Silence of Autism
    $13.99 $1.99
  • I Am Not Myself These Days (P.S.)
    $13.24 $1.99