Start by marking “Personality Type and Religious Leadership” as Want to Read:
Personality Type and Religious Leadership

Personality Type and Religious Leadership

Combining pastoral and behavioral science expertise, the authors spell out ways type and temperament theory illuminate the clergy role. Learn how to use the sixteen Myers-Briggs personality types to recognize and affirm your gifts, work with your liabilities, and understand and accept those with whom you minister. Includes a Myers-Briggs shortcut instrument to help give re ...more
Paperback
Published April 1st 1988 by Alban Institute (first published January 1st 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Personality Type and Religious Leadership, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Personality Type and Religious Leadership

Start your review of Personality Type and Religious Leadership
Andrew Fox
Jul 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Having taken the test Oswald and Kroeger set out in the second chapter I found that my result set the tone for the rest of the book both positively and negatively. This was my first observation. As an ESTJ type (Extraversion, Sensing, Thinking, Judging) it helped me gain clarity on the subjects of pastoral care, leadership, prayer and spirituality. I found this positive in further identifying my own strengths and weaknesses. Negatively, I found the book too presumptuous on two counts. Firstly, i ...more
Jara
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Scholarly research presented in a warm, humorous, conversational tone for practical application. Helpful for Christians in leadership and support positions. Written by an ENFJ and an INFP.
Elizabeth
My response to personality typing stuff continues to be: But why do you need an elaborate Typing system to tell you these things? Haven't you ever done any introspection?

The authors posit that knowing people's Type (and they do ask that you actually have people take an MBTI test themselves, as guessing about others you're often wrong) can help you better minister to people, work with people, etc. I still feel like, "But aren't we better off just having conversations about our preferred styles?"

A
Longfellow
Sep 26, 2008 rated it liked it
i was pumped about taking the MBTI for the first time, but once my excitement about my new self-knowledge wore off, so did my interest in this book.
Ruth Innes
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Excellent insights for clergy but just a little dated (1988). Wish I'd read it when at seminary though. Would recommend to any clergy experiencing conflict.
Amanda
Apr 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
right up my alley. is of great help.
Steve Penner
Aug 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Excellent explanation of how the Meyers-Briggs Temperament Assessment can be used in the area of church leadership. I benefited greatly from it.
Ginny
Apr 14, 2011 rated it liked it
A good, detailed description of Myers-Briggs personality types and what that means for church leadership.
Robby Gordon
Sep 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Consolodating editions 2 59 Dec 26, 2013 01:46PM

• Shrinking Violets: A Field Guide to Shyness
  • The hunter-gatherer neurotribe: gifted, geeks, aspies and other aliens in this world
  • De geboorte van J.C. en andere kerstverhalen
  • Psychological Types
  • Van God spreken. Gesprekken over religie, geschiedenis en filosofie
  • The Epic of Gilgamesh
  • A Social History of Europe, 1945-2000: Recovery and Transformation After Two World Wars
  • Finn Family Moomintroll (The Moomins, #3)
  • Steppenwolf
  • The Moomins and the Great Flood (The Moomins, #1)
  • Comet in Moominland (The Moomins, #2)
  • Fans of the Impossible Life
  • The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, #1-5)
  • Moominpappa's Memoirs (The Moomins, #4)
  • Write No Matter What: Advice for Academics
  • Moominsummer Madness (The Moomins, #5)
  • Het gedroomde Noorden