Start by marking “Away From Me” as Want to Read:
Away From Me

Away From Me

Shattered by the loss of his wife, Callum Reed is a man surrounded by rules designed to protect him. He has found the perfect submissive in Gaby Sullivan, until she breaks his cardinal rule.

After three years of perfect obedience, Gaby declares she wants love. Love isn’t in their contract, so Cal lets her go. But Gaby has a secret reason for leaving. When Cal discovers the
Published November 24th 2010

To ask other readers questions about Away From Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Away From Me

Eve (Between The Bookends)

description
descriptionSo funnily enough I JUST read this one for the first time a few months back. It had been sitting on my tablet for a LONG time and I just hadn't gotten around to reading it. It turned out to be one of my all-time favorite Lexi books. So saying I was super excited to get my hands on this "new" re-released version would be an understatement. I loved it then and I still think it is one of Lexi's best books.

~WRITING - PLOT - PACE~
As always with this author the writing in this one was fantastic. Th
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 STARS
He couldn’t, wouldn’t love Gabrielle. He would never allow another woman inside his heart like that. It hurt too much.

All. Of. The. FEELS.

Oh mylanta! Dare I say that this was one of my favorite stories from this author? And having read practically her entire backlist, that's saying a lot. But oh my GOD! This book! I don't remember the last time a couple and their story captured my heart so thoroughly and so effectively.

Away From Me is a powerful second chance romance. It's a story of
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
3.75 Stars - 4(ish)! Man, who knew a novella could pack such a powerful punch. Not only was this scorching hot, but it was also really really really angsty. A fast read with some major feels.
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
I've had this book forever. I vaguely recall when I bought it reading something about it being "hardcore". Well, the only thing hardcore I found here was the level of Cal's douchenheimerdom. I'm still confounded as to why or how Gaby forgave his cruel douchenozzle ways.

description

Seems all it took was a couple orgasms, a spanking, some buttsex and some dirty talk for her to fold like a pair of deuces at the big boy's table. And he's douche. Make no mistake about that. Then again, I guess douchedom comes wi
Shayna
“The man had been her everything and he had broken her in a way no one and nothing else could.”

Are you in the mood for a good cry? Are you ready to feel ALL THE THINGS? Are you prepared to get your heart broken, only to have it put back together ever so gently? Well, Lexi Blake HAS GOT YOU on all fronts! This re-release has shattered me ALL OVER AGAIN! Away From Me gives us the quick, beautiful, and heartbreaking story of Callum Reed and Gabrielle Sullivan. From page one, I knew I was diving i
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
Sophie Oak has yet to fail me! I just love her books and this one was not exception. This one was, however, different that her other in the sense that there was no menage and it began with the H/h together., then they break up and find their way back to each other. In her other books, they are mostly discovering each other thru the story.

Gaby and Cal are in a D/s relationship. Everything is fine as long as Gaby follows Cal's rules and one of those rules is "no falling in love". Cal has been the
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

4be7298c4ee1c27d0a56185c5c7141

Come get swept away with Lexi Blake’s sexy re-release of Away From Me. In this book, Blake explores the physical and emotional relationship of Callum Reed and Gabrielle Sullivan. In this Dom/Sub relationship, Callum only saw Gaby as a contract. No emotional attachments that is until Gaby couldn’t handle it anymore. She wanted more. She wanted his love and sin Callum couldn’t give her that, she leaves him. So when a year passed by, how far wi
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

This is a re-release of one of Sophie Oak's most poignant books, originally a standalone that plucks at the heartstrings from the very first chapter. It is also a classic story of a man who can't identify his own emotions and fails to see what is right in front of him.
It starts with Gaby asking her Dominant, Callum, if he loves her. Thrown off stride by the question from his submissive of three years, Callum tells her he doesn't love her and never promised her anything beyond the collar she wear
~ Becs ~
Well, this was a very quick read but it's a hot little story with a wonderfully romantic ending.

Gabrielle has been living as Cal's 24/7 sub for 3 years. He is a widower and wants nothing more than the terms laid out in their BDSM contract. Gaby leaves him, ostensibly because he won't tell her he loves her, but she actually has other reasons which Cal is in complete ignorance of.

They meet again almost a year later and Cal treats her like a whore and uses a few badly chosen sentences to crush her
tinyteaplots
That was super sweet and sexy.
It's no wonder that Lexi Blake (aka Sophie Oak) is in my top three favorite authors. Not many people can cram that much feeling into under 150 pages. I usually have trouble connecting with the characters in novellas due to their brevity, but that was not the case here. #allthefeels
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
WOW!!! I seriously wasn't expecting this book to be erotic, BDSM and emotional. Gaby has been Cal's sub for three years, she wants his love and marriage. Because of the death of his first wife Cal has refused both to love and marry ever again. Something happens to Gaby, that makes her think Cal will never want her again and she decides to leave him, especially since he does not love her. This story is about the road to Cal winning Gaby back. This story may not touch everyone like it did me, mayb ...more
Julie
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
What do you do when you discover your relationship has gone ‘wrong’ over time? For Gabby – the thought that Callum didn’t reciprocate the type of love her heart demanded was more than she could bear. The duo had spent years together in a Dom/Sub relationship that was part of their daily routine. A stagnant relationship that was more expected than spontaneous.

With their contract at an end, Gabby leaves the relationship and the two do not cross paths again for months. Callum doesn’t respond to cr
Courtney
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
So not only can Lexi write angsty and sexy full length novels, she can also deliver that same punch in a novella and still leave you breathless and panting. HOT DAMN!!!

This was an extremely fast read for me but I think that's because I was so drawn into the story, that I just felt this need to see where everything went. And it moved so quickly yet still felt like nothing was left out.

And Lexi knows how to add the appropriate sexiness and BDSM elements to make this book HOT HOT HOT. I am going to
Cheesecake
Callum and Gaby. I've never read Sophie Oak before because I don't particularly like BDSM books or Menage. But I do like a good romance and if it happens to have those other things in it, well that's fine too. SOoo I got this book because I liked the premise and it was a good read. Surprisingly, the BDSM stuff is a pretty integral part of the story and what made the ending so good! It wasn't just added in for titillation, although it did that in spades without being creepy or ouchy. So anyways, ...more
Mrs. Missive
Nov 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This story was a little more of a heavy topic than her other stories. This is the story of two stubborn people who are afraid to admit what they feel, and what they are going through. They each have their problems that they try and mask from the other to try and be what they think their partner wants/needs.

I just wanted to smack Master Callum upside the head for a good half of the book, but that makes the ending we were gifted with even more special.

This book was an emotional rollercoaster, an
Michelle K
Nov 25, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010-read
Away From Me was awesome. I hadn't read a book with heat in it for a while so it was awesome to start back up with this new release.

Full review at:
Krista
Jun 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads
Away From Me was one Sophie Oak (which is the other name under which Lexi Blake used to write) book that I read awhile ago. Although it had been two years since I had experienced it for the first time, I was ready for a re-read of the reimagined version, because I remembered how much I loved it the first time around. I was sure to love it even more now with some of my favorite M & M characters popping in for a cameo.

Away From Me is an emotional and sexy read. Callum is our damaged hero who
MsRomanticReads

3 1/2 stars

Callum Reed likes his life the way it is. He's a successful attorney and leads a happy BDSM lifestyle with his 24/7 sub/slave of three years Gaby Sullivan; as long as she doesn't have designs on marriage in their future. One night she asks him whether or not he loves her, and goes one step further doing the unthinkable – she asks him if he'll ever marry her. What Callum thought was a perfect arrangement suddenly takes a turn for the worst – Gaby walks away. When he finds out that she'
Mspink
Dec 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I need to say, this was a great story. Especially for such a short book. It was done very nicely for the length it was. Yes, The plot line was a bit predictable but this was not an epic length book. For all us erotic romance readers, especially those of us who enjoy the bdsm genre, it really was poignant and touching. A dom who didn't quite know how to open up and give all of himself, and a sub who only wanted to be loved. It was heartbreaking and yet so redeeming.

Now, this part might seem a li
Tori
Jul 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
I am not a fan of BDSM and very rarely will read a book featuring it but this one really touched my heart and for the very first time I began to understand the Dom/Sub role and WHY some might get into that.(Hows that for a run on sentence?lol)What really impressed me here is the that our sub felt uncomfortable about something and actually used her safe word. This is the first book I ever read where the sub didn't just "tolerate" feeling uncomfortable but actually did something about it.

The relat
Darcy
Jun 17, 2013 rated it it was ok
I found the most interesting aspect to this one was the why of why Gaby left. I can understand her reasoning and think she was both right and wrong. I actually had a hard time liking Cal and it was even worse when I learned what had happened to Gaby. I really liked that Cal had to work to gain back any trust from Gaby.
Shari-amor
Like a 2.5. Cal didn't deserve forgiveness and he needed his ass kicked. There were some forgiving ass ppl of his behaviour.
Rebecca
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Callum and Gabrielle’s story packs a wallop of an emotional punch inside the pages of their novella, and because it’s told through both of their perspectives, readers witness their contracted relationship of three years quickly end due to their differing needs and wants when it comes to a partner in their bed and in their life.

I can’t say that I blame Gaby for her actions, both before and after the dissolution of their D/s relationship. Gaby didn’t want to simply be Callum’s plaything; she wante
Erin Lewis
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Star Review Away From Me by Sophie Oak
Callum Reed is a man who was shattered by the death of his wife and has vowed never to fall in love or get married again. He has a contract with his submissive Gaby Sullivan and believes all is well until she decides to end their contract without warning.
Unbeknownst to Callum, Gaby is hiding a secret that she is determined he will not learn and the only way to do so is to break their contract and leave.
Fast forward and Callum accidentally discovers the se
Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog
4 stars. This was a good book. This is Callum and Gabrielle's story. Callum is a widower and a dom. Gabrielle was his submissive but she leaves him. She feels like she can't stay with him any longer because he won't admit he loves her. After almost a year of being apart, both miserable and heartbroken, the two run into each other at a party. Callum says some very hurtful things to Gabrielle and treats her badly. (view spoiler) ...more
Pavitra (For The Love of Fictional Worlds)

Disclaimer: An eARC was provided via Inkslinger PR and the Author as part of the Blog Tour. The Thoughts, opinions & feelings expressed in the review are however my own.

Away From Me is another of Lexi Blake’s re – releases and another one that I absolutely enjoyed.

Callum Reed
is a man who lost his wife and who compensated for human affection with a BDSM contract with the heroine – Gabrielle. Now, right from the start, you could see that he was struggling with his feelings; he was like
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of the book.

Away From Me was so much more than I was expecting and I absolutely devoured it (and shed a few tears along the way). It was heartfelt and emotional, so much so that I was actually surprised whenever kink popped up in the story line - not that it was out of place or gratuitous - it was just such a surprise to my system to see how well it melded with the overall story. I think this book more than any other I've read so far has helped me t
Aղցela W.
This was a short quick read that I really liked and wanted more of I wanted to know what happens off the island. Callum Reed and Gabrielle "Gaby" Sullivan are master and slave and have been in a D/s relationship for three years. Callum was shattered by his wives death he vowed to never love another or get married again so when Gaby asked if he loved her he said nothing so she left him but she left without telling him that she was sick. The first few chapters of this book I didn't like Callum I t ...more
Jara Beaubien
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Callum Reed lost his wife and it shattered his world, so from that day on he surrounded himself by rules that were made to protect him. All was going quite well until he met Gaby Sullivan, and she broke the cardinal rule.

Gaby tells him she wants love, marriage and kids, but none of those things are in the contract , so Cal lets her go, but Gaby has her own reason for leaving, she has a secret she has not shared with Cal. When Cal discovers the truth he follows her and nothing will stop him.
*~* Susie
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
A lite version of BDSM, but still very hot and surprisingly emotional.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Unmasking Dorian (Jenners Law, #1)
  • Into His Keeping
  • Deep in the Woods (Fortune, #1)
  • His Sub's Submissive (Club Esoteria, #1)
  • Mirror of My Soul (Nature of Desire, #4)
  • Yes, Justin (Safe Word: Oasis, #1)
  • Sugar and Spice (What Women Want, #1)
  • Safeword Matte (Safeword, #2)
  • Hurt Me So Good (The Connaghers, #3)
  • Shackled
  • A Little Harmless Lie (Harmless, #4)
  • Rite of First Claim (Diablo Blanco Club, #3)
  • Jane and the Sneaky Dom
  • Kidnap and Kink (Taboo Wishes,  #2)
  • A Good Student (A Good Student, #1)
  • My One
  • Secretary for Two
  • Tamed
A lifetime devotee to the written word, Sophie published her first novel this year. Prior to becoming a novelist, she worked in theater and comic books. She lives in Fort Worth, Texas with her husband and three precocious children, who wonder when mom is going to write a book they will be allowed to read. Her answer: probably never. Sophie believes in happy endings for everyone, no matter how extr ...more