Start by marking “Never Let You Go” as Want to Read:
Never Let You Go

Never Let You Go

Losing everything has Lexi clinging to her daughter. Hell is determined to loosen her grip.

It's been seven years since disaster struck her family. Lexi Solomon has held it all together since then--just barely.

But now Lexi is losing it. The husband who deserted her is back in town, wanting to see their daughter Molly. Her sister's shameless murderer is up for parole. An uns
Published May 3rd 2010 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about Never Let You Go, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Let You Go

K.D. Absolutely
Forgiveness of oneself and others who wronged you is a precursor of love. No matter what you believe in, your heart will show you the way. Through all of these, love always prevails.

For me, the above summarizes the strong messages that Healy wants to send through this exhilarating book, her first solo debut as a writer. She used to write with Ted Dekker. Now she has a book that she can call her own. Once in a while, it is nice to read debut novels as it makes you discover other unpolished voices
Aerykah
Well..... I battled long and hard, but was never able to bring myself to finish this one. Try as I might, I couldn't get into the story. I couldn't connect with any of the characters or find any real interest in the storyline.
Yolanda Smith
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished-in-2019
Erin Healy never disappoints. This book was a riveting, action-packed tale. Highly recommend!
J.S. Bailey
Sep 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Never Let You Go is one of the most enjoyable books I have read in a long time! I was hooked from page one, and found it to be very suspenseful. The plot revolves around themes of forgiveness and the terrible things that may happen if we continue to hold grudges against those who have wronged us. I highly recommend this book for Christian readers who are fans of suspense.
Mishel Forte
May 14, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review
NEVER LET YOU GO is another gem from Thomas Nelson Publishers that is yes you guessed it…Christian Fiction! I’m continually being surprised by how much I’m enjoying the recent books I’ve read in this genre. I’ve read BURN which was co-authored by Erin Healy. NEVER LET YOU GO is Erin’s first solo book published and I really enjoyed it!

Lexi is a very “real” character. She could very well be people we all know or even one of us. Her druggie husband, Grant, walked out on her seven years ago and ever
Alaine
Apr 23, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Firstly reading this genre was reading out of my comfort zone. I don't read many books that are suspense. I've also read quite a few reviews that only gave the book a 3 out of 5 so I was a little reluctant. But as they say, never judge a book by it's cover or on a few reviews. I will be honest and say that I was surprised, but I really enjoyed this book.

It was complex and I found it required a lot of concentration to keep up with the twists in the storyline. The level of suspense for me was more
Jennifer (JC-S)
‘We’re all to blame for something.’

The past seven years have been tough for Lexi Solomon: her sister was murdered; her husband deserted her; and she is struggling to make ends meet. Lexi has devoted her life to her daughter Molly. Lexi juggles two jobs and her friend and flatmate Gina helps care for Molly. Life wasn’t easy, but Lexi was getting by. Surviving, but not thriving.

And then, things started changing. Some events and people from the past re-entered her life – and they cannot be ignored
Amber Stokes
Apr 11, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For Lexi Solomon, life hasn’t been easy—but now it is about to careen out of control. With the return of her husband seeking a second chance, an evil man out to make her pay, and the man who killed her sister, Lexi’s life is falling apart. And the supernatural is taking a very real role in the crazy events going on in her life. Never Let You Go, while a suspenseful book, is a book with a powerful message about mercy and learning how to finally let go, although the process is long and painful.

I h
Ricardo
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
When it comes to books, the field of good vs evil is probably no smaller than that of literal good vs evil, basically God vs the Devil or Satan or whatever you want to call those two opposing forces and/or their representatives on Earth. In this minuscule field unless you are an incredible writer or you come up with a totally original or ridiculously engaging plot, then you simply should look for another area to write in because there is no real middle ground.

There was nothing really wrong with
Jill Henson
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I picked this book solely based on the cover. Yeah, sometimes I do that, go ahead and judge me 😊 I didn’t realize it was a Christian based book but what a pleasant surprise! If you like books by Frank Peretti or Ted Dekker you will probably like this. It’s not quite as intense as theirs but it is a good story of the spiritual warfare happening behind the scenes in our daily lives. I will most certainly look for more books by Erin Healy.
Maureen Mantrop-utterback
I don't normally read books for the purpose of teaching me something, but I was pretty far into the story before I realized this book revolved around faith. Did not find it preachy at all.By the end of the book I quite disliked the main character, Lexie, which I am pretty sure was not the point of the story
Rachel
Ami
Aug 12, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Vicki Hightshue
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book on spiritual warfare

This book keeps you guessing at first and then it all becomes clear. Kind of reminded me of Frank Peretti's books.
Jennifer Olson
Jan 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Never Let You Go by Erin Healy, there are many characters, but these two stick out the most to me. First, the main character which is Lexi Solomon, she loses everything after a disaster hits her family. Lexi works at the Red Rocks Bar and Grill because she wants to give her daughter anything she can just to see the smile on her face. The only person she’s close with is her daughter Molly Solomon, who lives with her mother Lexi because her father Grant left when she was younger. Lexi’s husband ...more
Jenny
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-club, abandoned
I didn't know when I picked this up initially that it was Christian literature. I wasn't sure how I felt about that, but I still gave it a shot. After about 200 pages, I just skimmed through the rest of the book. (view spoiler) ...more
Kelli Dickson
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First couple of chapters delved into some drama which hooked me into the story. The it became a little slow but when the story line formed and got to a point of understanding it turned out to be an exciting read.
The morals of each character were highly relatable. As a mom myself, overthinking & second guessing everything pertaining to your child is an all day occurrence and the author did a phenomenal job describing a mother's love for her child; ranging from protection to everyday affectio
Andrea
Jun 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Christian fiction is not typically a genre to which I gravitate. I've been curious about Ted Dekker and Frank E. Peretti for some time and when this audio title, "Never Let You Go" showed up on the discount shelf at Half Price Books, I decided to give it a try. I understand this is Erin Healy's first solo novel after writing with Ted Dekker for a time. It was slow in a few spots, but mostly kept me captivated enough to keep going back for more. The last few chapters were gripping enough to keep ...more
Kristy
An interesting story focusing on how the devil can use our own unforgiveness and bitterness to imprison us and that only love can free us. I thought it should have been clearer earlier on that Ward was in fact a demon and not just an ordinary villain; I felt like it would have added more to the story to have that more detailed than it was. Overall, a good book. Not Healy's best work but still a worthwhile read.
CindyHunt
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good and Evil

Plot is very intriguing and keeps you wondering....If you believe that Angels really do watch over us and Satan has minions that will try everything they can to turn us away from God's will in our life, you will really like this book. I did!!!
Anita Truesdell
Different type of book than I usually read

I felt like this book started out in the middle or I was missing something but finally got the gist of the book and it turned out to be a decent read.
Alicia Harmon
May 24, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
What a long, confusing book. It desperately needed a prologue— nothing clears up until you’re about a third of the way in. It’s very religiously based, which I wasn’t expecting. I wish I had abandoned it instead of forcing myself to read it.
Nieko
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Weirdly religious with a strange theme. Point of view changes mid-chapter so hard to follow. Kindle version had multiple typos. Too forgiving and storybook to be enjoyable...boarders on cheesy in parts.
Donna T
Feb 09, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Animal abuse? No thanks. Not worth it.
Carmen Lang
Thought this would be more like a Frank Peretti book. Spiritual warfare can be an interesting for a fiction book. This book was too slow paced and dull.
ChrisGA
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: w-read-2017
Creepy villains and atmosphere of desperate battles with forces of evil make this a page-turner. Ominous threats and nasty doings create oppressive suspense.
Elizabeth
I finished this audiobook due to my long commute. It has great characters but got all oddly religious and preachy at the end and the absolutely perfect resolution just wasn't believable.
Angela
Nov 15, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I couldnt get into this book. I picked it up several times, but could only read a few pages before putting down with boredom.
Ruth
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Slow read but love the final outcome
Cindy Conlan
Very dark story drug addiction, infidelity, spiritual warfare .....
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Shade
  • Scream
  • Burn
  • My Soul to Keep (Day of Evil, #3)
  • Field of Blood (Jerusalem's Undead Trilogy #1)
  • Waking Lazarus
  • Demon
  • Greater Love (Tides of Truth, #3)
  • Isolation
  • Brink of Death (Hidden Faces #1)
  • Germ
  • My Life as a Doormat (In Three Acts)
  • The Clouds Roll Away (Raleigh Harmon Mysteries, #3)
Erin Healy is a supernatural-suspense novelist and an award-winning fiction editor. She began working with Ted Dekker in 2002 and edited twelve of his heart-pounding stories before their collaboration on KISS, the first novel to seat her on "the other side of the desk."

Erin is the owner of WordWright Editorial Services, a consulting firm specializing in fiction book development. She lives with her