Start by marking “Big on Plans: Lucy Rose Series, Book 2” as Want to Read:
Big on Plans: Lucy Rose Series, Book 2

Big on Plans: Lucy Rose Series, Book 2 (Lucy Rose)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  99 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
I’m Lucy Rose, and here’s the thing about this summer: I am big on fun and big on plans. I am desperate to make a lanyard keychain, and Jonique is feeling the same about potholders. Plus I have to get rid of 78 or more squirrels that are climbing all over Madam and Pop’s apricot tree and taking bites out of the puny fruits and flinging them to the ground which is maddening ...more
MP3 Book, 0 pages
Published June 14th 2005 by Listening Library, Inc. (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Big on Plans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Big on Plans

Rebecca
5.0 stars. Grades 2-4. More laughs from a favorite. Lucy's plans for the summer: she's desperate to make a lanyard key chain, she has to figure out how to rid Madam and Pop's yard of 78 or more squirrels, she needs to come up with a plan for dealing with the absolute pest who is named Ashley and is making Parks and Rec not so much fun, AND she has to come up with a way to stop her parents' from divorcing. If you liked Junie B. Jones you should love this series of a most "original thinking" 4th g ...more
Anne Hawn Smith
Nov 07, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes Junie B. Jones
Lucy Rose and her best friend, Jonique, have a lot to do in the summer. They are both going to Parks and Rec. where Lucy desperately wants to make a lanyard, but Parks and Rec has a fly in the ointment called Ashley. Ashley looks down her nose at Lucy Rose and makes fun of her. She goes out of her way to be nasty and Lucy Rose doesn't understand it.

She also has a few more things to do this summer. She has to get rid of the Squirrels in her grandparents yard because they are eating all the fruit
Carrie
May 10, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
I almost passed this book by due to its hideous cover and creepy illustrations, but I'm so glad I didn't. Author Katy Kelly is a modern-day Beverly Cleary, and Lucy Rose rules. I like her even better than Ramona.
Megan
I loved the voice of Lucy Rose and have stolen my new catch-phrase from this book, which is "perfectly deluxe."
Karen Arendt
An entertaining story about fourth grade Lucy Rose and her big plans for the summer. She is a busy girl struggling to prevent her parent's divorce and try to be friends with a new girl in town. The narration was perfect for a fourth grade girl with plenty of excitement and effervescence.
Susan
Jan 06, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Listening to this one too. I like the kids books, they deal with issues but in a way that isn't depressing like adult books.
babyhippoface
Lucy Rose spends her summer going to Parks & Rec with her best friends Jonique and Melonhead, celebrating her 9th birthday with her father, fighting off apricot-stealing squirrels, and writing about everything that happens in her brand new journal. Fans of Barbara Park’s books will find Lucy Rose to be a slightly more mature version of Junie B. Jones--talkative, spontaneous, and extremely likable as she deals with an annoying new girl, takes center stage at a senior citizens’ center, collect ...more
Kate Hastings
May 31, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Grades 3-4
Lucy Rose has a great summer vacation trying to protect apricots from squirrels, weaving keychains at Parks and Rec and helping her Mom redecorate the living room. The only problem is-- her parents have been separated for a long time, and she's pretty sure they are going to get divorced. Then there's the mean girl at Parks and Rec who always has something nasty to say to Lucy and her friends. Nevertheless, Lucy is looking forward to her birthday and a vacation with her dad.

Reminds me more of the
Jnase1
Apr 07, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute series. I do wish Lucy Rose sounded a bit more mature than she seems to come across, at least in my mind. But I have enjoyed reading about all her adventures and am glad to see that there is a spinoff series about Melonhead.
Christy
Sep 23, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lucy Rose has a summer count down until she finds out if her parents are getting a divorce. The parents do a good job explaining to the child about divorce.
Mckinley