Start by marking “Deadman Wonderland Volume 6 (Deadman Wonderland, #6)” as Want to Read:
Deadman Wonderland Volume 6 (Deadman Wonderland, #6)

Deadman Wonderland Volume 6

(Deadman Wonderland #6)

Librarian Note: The English translation of this volume was cancelled due to Tokyopop closing its North American manga operations.

An alternate future dark fantasy story, Deadman Wonderland follows Ganta, a young man framed for mass murder, through countless bizarre ordeals in the twisted prison called "Deadman Wonderland."
Published by TOKYOPOP (first published August 26th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Deadman Wonderland Volume 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadman Wonderland Volume 6

Start your review of Deadman Wonderland Volume 6 (Deadman Wonderland, #6)
Christopher
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, manga, 2016
What's the word for it when a manga character is too stupid, weak, lazy, abrasive, and willfully ignorant to survive or progress in the story through anything less than the will of god (ie, the writer)? I spent some time googling, but didn't come up with anything. Most character types are defined for the women in manga, not the males. Or at least that's where the attention goes. Perhaps it is so common for the men to be pathetic that it just doesn't get a name?

That's where we are with this series, which wa
Χαρά Ζ.
5/5 stars
Julia Sapphire
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, manga

Ganta needs to get his sh*t together and make some good decisions :))
توفيق عبد الرحيم
All Emotions and Reactions in this volume are Excessive and totally inaccurate and unrealistic
he sleeps for 3 days and everyone shuns him
and in the beginning of the volume he is so depressed for a guy he just literally knew
worst volume so far it shows incredible naiveté by the writer
Nərmin
The first half of the volume was hilarious! We meet Toto which is kinda crazily cute.. There was some funny moments, sweet friendship between Ganta and Shiro. .but then..
Onto the next part everything went down.. Newly made deadmen fighted Ganta's squad...Ganta did something which made a huge destruction and killed many of deadmen. . While everyone picked on him, Shiro came to help him but when he heard that Shiro is also a deadman he said her that he hate her. God! Ganta, you better have a
Tracey
That ending made no fucking sense. So now that Ganta knows that Shiro is a Deadman, he wants nothing to do with her? Just because all the other Deadmen hate him? What a crock of shit. The only reason I'm giving this book 3 stars is because the battle scene between the Deadmen and the Ninben was epic. Ganta's branch of sin is devastating. I wonder how that'll work out for him in the future.
Jessica
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Jessica by: no one
Shelves: reviewed, finished
deadman wonderland is one of the most interesting manga that I have had the pleasure of reading so far.
this story is about Ganta igurashi a 14 year old boy who has had a run in with a being he called the red man. Who attacks him and his classmates which leaves Ganta as the sole survivor in the end, who tells them that he knows who the killer is but ends up falsely accused himself of doing the deed. Which lands him in a fully run maximum prison called dead man wonderland which was also open
Judyth (Geeky Reading)
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
~3.5-4/5

So apparently they’re all still inside the prison, for some reason? I’m not really sure why? Because I thought they were getting out? What's wrong with them?

And then the prison spins the truth around to make the deadmen look horrible (of course, though not actually hard to do), and then makes the fights even more horrible and publicized.

Everything’s just horrible in this series. It's just terrible. I've resigned myself to it.

It’s revealed t
Lissibith
Jan 24, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, sci-fi
Hey, we're getting back to the actual carnival corpse stuff and they're sort-of, kind-of acting like they're prisoners again. Woohoo!

This book was okay. Ganta is trying to get more comfortable with his place as a Deadman, but isn't finding it easy. Meanwhile on the outside, people are starting to get close to the truth and so the directors get out ahead of the issue. Which means - back to the cage fights!

This book would be higher on my rankings but for Ganta. He makes a c
James Morris
Jul 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The series needs to be finished.... Up to chapter 51 is out and I'm pulling out my arm hair here waiting for more.... I NEED MORE.... so good.... It's got creative, original everything and an amazing story to drive it all with characters you'll fall in love with
Darby
Jan 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, manga
Bruh that cute lil armadillo
Kaitlyn
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: anime
Actually rating: 3.5
It would have been a full four stars had I not wanted to slap Ganta for the way he acted in the story.
Jonabel
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 that ending was terrible
April
Feb 18, 2017 rated it liked it
started reading in library so just finished it now.....dam ganta needs learn who has his back! he keep pushing the only friend he has away.
Samantha
Luke
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it

Well, it'd seem I'm cutting through these collections the way prison-toilet wine cuts through intestinal lining. Time for some thoughts on another hilarious collection of lost moments from a horrific human research facility masquerading as a prison.

Y'know, with DEATH GAMES.

A lot more seemed to happen in this collection. The efforts of the Scar Chain rebellion have had some good results – the wider world now knows about Deadmen, which means our Humble Heroes get some time in the sun – which just a
Nancy Foster
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Deadman Wonderland takes a huge turn and this is the first volume that takes place after the anime abruptly ends (and to this day doesn't have a second season). Toto/Mockingbird who is a deadman with the ability to copy the Branches of sin of other people when he licks their blood has reappeared in Sector G after a lengthly absence (so much for being a supermax prison). He picks a fight with hot-head Crow to have an excuse to copy his crow claw without revealing his true plans.

Meanwh
Andrew
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Deadman Wonderland Volume 6 feels almost like a refresh for the series, pushing the narrative forward considerably while also maintaining consistency with previous themes. This is mostly due to the dramatic events in the previous volume, combined with new revelations which kept me hooked as I read the book in a single sitting. The level of violence was balanced more evenly with dialogue and character development here than in previous instalments, and because of this it's probably my favourite so ...more
Scott Lee
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Some nice twists here, as we get what felt like the first legitimate changes in the last few volumes. Some new characters, nice plot twists, and Ganta and co. grow in character and power.

My one annoyance using the "It's dangerous to love me, so I can't let you be close to me trope." I hate that. Some writers pull it off well enough given thorough plot justification that it feels like a natural response, but too often it's tossed off cheaply--which it is in this volume. Ugh. Boo. Come on Kataoka! Y
Peter Barr
In Deadman Wonderland, Vol.6 our hero, Ganta, a teenage boy framed for the murder of his classmates has been sent to a combination gladiator theme park/prison called Deadman Wonderland where he learns that he has lethal powers. There are others like him called Deadman and they are being controlled by an evil mastermind at the Deadman Wonderland. The struggle continues in this episode which focuses the story. It is an interesting story.
Katja
There were some interesting new twists in this volume and Shiro was again the brightest part of the story but Ganta was... dunno, dull, and treating Shiro like shit. Didn't he learn anything about the last time he was mean to her?
JJ
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lot of crazy stuff going on in this one. Cool art, cool story. This series continues to be excellent.
Say
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Getting used to the new path.... for those of you wondering, this is where the story deviates from the anime.
Blue
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it
Edric Unsane
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel, manga
Some more plot developments, good art, and screwed up story. I'm still enjoying Deadman Wonderland.
gabi
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Why is this always so intense?! Now all his friends have deserted him! I understand, but why?!
Amanda Setasha Hall
Apr 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, zzz-2018
The story is improving. But I'll be 100% honest - I don't know anyone's names. I'm referring to them as characters from other manga. None of them stand out to me enough for me to want to learn their names yet.

There's a bit too much sexual content in here for my liking - considering some of these "kids" are 13-15, but hey...
Online Eccentric Librarian