Start by marking “Deadman Wonderland Volume 5 (Deadman Wonderland, #5)” as Want to Read:
Deadman Wonderland Volume 5 (Deadman Wonderland, #5)

Deadman Wonderland Volume 5

(Deadman Wonderland #5)

Ganta is about to be publicly executed by Rokuro when Senji intervenes and kills the Undertakers by attacking at supersonic speed. Meanwhile, Shiro is befriended by a mysterious boy named Toto. Ganta, tired of being helpless and weak, asks Senji to train him so he can help Karako and the Scar Chain as they decide to retry their escape plan after rescuing Nagi from Genkaku. ...more
Published June 22nd 2011 by TokyoPop 6/22/2011 (first published April 25th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Deadman Wonderland Volume 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadman Wonderland Volume 5

Start your review of Deadman Wonderland Volume 5 (Deadman Wonderland, #5)
Χαρά Ζ.
Nov 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
**4,5**
I FUCKING LOVE THIS MANGA
Christopher
Jul 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, 2016, manga
This series has a weird mix of people taking brutal blows that they get back up from and people being one-shotted and actually dying (apparently). It causes a weird disconnect that makes it difficult to enjoy in places because one or the other seems to be a cop-out. As if the author couldn't figure out how to move the plot along without randomly murdering a stack of characters who seemed to be able to take a beating just a moment ago. People can literally lose a hand mid-fight and keep going wi ...more
Mary ♥
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5/5 stars

I like two characters and they either die or are tortured, what the heck? xD
Nərmin
Battle between Scar Chain and that crazy monk's squad. Some deaths (view spoiler) , interesting backstories, crazy new characters ( that Mockingbird guy is interesting)... funny Ganta&Seiji moments- Ganta is now a student of Crow, cute Ganta&Shiro friendship...
I am loving this so far!
توفيق عبد الرحيم
Genkaku : Death is silence Death is peace Death is Tranquility Death is the answer Death is Enlightenment Death is rock Death is Beauty

yay more died this volume i didn't even know their names i am so glad lol
This is getting more interesting actually Ganta is becoming stronger and more interesting characters showing up like this mockingbird creep

Freakish Buddhist statues always amazes me with how absolutely terrifying they are i don't really become scared but i have a list of things i think t
Lilivette
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, 2016
HOLY SHITT!
Rachel
Oct 28, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2015
*3.5 stars*
The ending to this really opened up the plot, and I'm excited to see where it goes from here!
Judyth (Geeky Reading)
Oct 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review, own
~4/5

The more I read of this series, the bloodier it gets. The more violent, the more psychotic, more intense it gets. Including character deaths, although I won’t spoil those.

So there were backstories, surprising psychological reveals, a death, all leading up to the ending: a possible start of something new. There was a nice scene with Shiro. But there’s also a new character at the end, who will definitely be bringing horrible things. The people in charge of the facility,
Katherine
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-manga
Oh my. Undertakers. Escape plans. Madness abounds.
I love that at the core of it all is Ganta and Shiro's relationship. The importance they place on each other is so sweet and innocent, but evolving into a very solid friendship. Which will likely result in horrible things the way this book is going.
I never thought "The candy tastes bitter" could be such a heartbreaking sentence.
James DeSantis
Feb 11, 2015 rated it liked it
One of my favorite moments is in this book but I won't spoil it. The "feels" are in this one. Sure it's a little light on plot, and some feels like padding, but overall another entertaining volume in just an insane fucking series. Go and enjoy!
Julia Sapphire
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, manga
Luke
Oct 05, 2019 rated it liked it
It's always a good sign when a collection begins with the potential execution of a main character.

It's not so good when you then remember there's about another hundred volumes of the story to go, so chances that they'll be successfully poleaxed are probably slim.

That disappointment aside, volume proceeds as you'd imagine it would: plans have stumbling blocks and then come together – and then have further stumbling blocks. Friendship and honouring the bond with one's comrades is highlighted. Peop
Scott Lee
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The latest flurry of plots, including the first surrounding Scar Chain, is brought to resolution. We see the inspection, Ganta's conflict with Shiro, the capture of Nagi, and Scar Chain's continuing efforts to escape all addressed and resolved.

Kataoka seemed pretty over the top to me when I started this series, almost like a slasher-flick manga. I have at times, been reminded of the slaughter scene from Joss Whedon's Cabin in the Woods where an insane number of monsters pour out of a bank of elevato
Nancy Foster
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it

Ganta decides to join Nagi's prison escape foil but things turn for the worse when Nagi is captured by Genkaku and psychologically tortured with drugs to try to bend him to the edge and attack the inmates that are trying to escape.

I like this part of the plot and the great battle of Ganta vs Genkaku. I do feel riled with the horrible things Ganta says to poor Shiro that genuinely wants to help him. If there is one thing that igggered me during this volume, it would be the totally unr
Andrew
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
The bizarre, full throttle narrative of Deadman Wonderland continues in a blur of violence, raining blood throughout this entire volume. The theme of hope resurfaces, and amongst the gore there are some heartfelt moments which are quite affecting. Neither for the fainthearted, nor suited for those seeking high brow entertainment, this is carnal stimulation for a highly desensitised modern audience. It's sick, but entertaining.
Peter Barr
Deadman Wonderland is a graphic novel of an amusement park/penitiary with a gladiator style centerpiece of attraction. The main character is a teenager who was wrongly convicted of murdering his middle school class and has been put in the Deadman Wonderland to fight. The story goes on and the characters are what one would expect in a graphic novel.
Amanda Setasha Hall
Mar 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, zzz-2018
Honestly. I absolutely HATED this one. I rated it 3 because the story is improving.
This is insanely graphic (someone gets shot through the chest, and someone gets beheaded - 2 small examples) and there's some randomly lewd fan service that doesn't even make sense.
If the story hadn't improved, I would've rated this one star honestly.
JJ
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lot of crazy, intense action in this one as well as pathos and heroism. Will the revolt succeed? Will Deadman Wonderland be brought down? Solid writing and excellent artwork continue to make this a particularly wonderful series.
Blue
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is sooo epic
Edric Unsane
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel, manga
Another interesting and fun volume in Deadman Wonderland. People dying left and right, and new plot developments. If you haven't already read this Manga, check it out!
Mat Francis
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-read
Now I can find out what happens since the anime didn't go any further than this 😊
Abbey Boeckman
Character development was perfect.❤❤ ...more
gabi
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Wow. Things are so intense! EEK!
Jake Kropik
Nov 17, 2017 rated it liked it
3/5 Stars.

This was my least favorite volume so far.
ArgentBooks
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: low-fantasy, manga
The horror genre has been a staple of literature since probably before the ancient Greeks. People terrify one another with tales of death, monsters, or the unknown. I decided to skew away from traditional western horror and take a look at post-apocalyptic horror manga Deadman Wonderland. I read the first five volumes, which is the point at which the anime ends. This manga follows the story of fourteen-year-old Ganta Igarashi after he is falsely accused of murdering his entire class. The courts s ...more
Miranda
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Online Eccentric Librarian

More reviews (and no fluff) on the blog http://surrealtalvi.wordpress.com/

In Deadman Wonderland 5, we get more backstory on Nagi, leader of the rebels, and an epic battle at the end. Ganta comes to understand just how useless he really is - and that he is going to have to get serious if he is going to save his friends. This volume ends the anime arc as well - after this, the manga is where you'll read more about how crazy the story is about to get!

Story: Shiro is inconsolable after Ganta's betrayal. And everything seems to have fallen
Karissa
This is the fifth volume in the Deadman Wonderland series. I honestly don’t have a ton to say about this volume. It was okay. There is more battling between the Undertakers and Scar Chain.

The leader of Scar Chain, Karako, is being held captive by the Undertakers. Meanwhile Ganta decides he is sick of being helpless and asks Senji for help developing his powers.

This volume is basically about Scar Chain attempting to rescue Karako and then trying to escape out of Deadman Wo

• Devils' Line, Vol. 1 (Devils' Line, #1)
  • Blood Lad, Vol. 3
  • 進撃の巨人 10 [Shingeki no Kyojin 10] (Attack on Titan, #10)
  • Tokyo Ghoul, tome 1 (Tokyo Ghoul, #1)
  • Parasyte, Volume 1
  • GANGSTA. 2 (Gangsta., #2)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 6 (Black Butler, #6)
  • Ajin: Demi-Human, Vol. 3 (Ajin: Demi-Human, #3)
  • 進撃の巨人 28 [Shingeki no Kyojin 28] (Attack on Titan, #28)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 15 (Ouran High School Host Club, #15)
  • Pandora Hearts, Volume 9
  • Vinland Saga, Volume 3: A Bloody Coming of Age
  • Blue exorcist, Tome 4
  • Hideout
  • マギ 6 (Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic, #6)
  • 暗殺教室 11 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 11] (Assassination Classroom, #11)
  • 約束のネバーランド 1 [Yakusoku no Neverland 1]
  • ヴィジランテ -僕のヒーローアカデミア ILLEGALS- 5 [Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals 5] (My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, #5)
Name (in native language): 片岡人生

Deadman Wonderland (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Deadman Wonderland, Vol. 1 (Deadman Wonderland, #1)
  • Deadman Wonderland, Vol. 2 (Deadman Wonderland, #2)
  • Deadman Wonderland Volume 3 (Deadman Wonderland, #3)
  • Deadman Wonderland Volume 4 (Deadman Wonderland, #4)
  • Deadman Wonderland Volume 6 (Deadman Wonderland, #6)
  • Deadman Wonderland Volume 7 (Deadman Wonderland, #7)
  • Deadman Wonderland Volume 8 (Deadman Wonderland, #8)
  • Deadman Wonderland Volume 9 (Deadman Wonderland, #9)
  • Deadman Wonderland Volume 10 (Deadman Wonderland, #10)
  • Deadman Wonderland Volume 11 (Deadman Wonderland, #11)