Start by marking “Deadman Wonderland Volume 4 (Deadman Wonderland, #4)” as Want to Read:
Deadman Wonderland Volume 4 (Deadman Wonderland, #4)

Deadman Wonderland Volume 4

(Deadman Wonderland #4)

Ten years have passed since the Great Tokyo Earthquake, and the people's memories of the disaster have faded. Ganta Igarashi, a middle school evacuee, has finally begun to live a normal life with his classmates. That is until the Red Man appears at school and Ganta's fate is changed forever.
Published February 1st 2011 by TokyoPop (first published October 25th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Deadman Wonderland Volume 4, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Shannon
I just recently binged the whole first season of Deadman Wonderland, which sadly doesn't have a second yet, so I decided to get back into the manga.

I read the first three volumes years ago so I looked at Volume 3 first to see exactly where I was concerning the plot. The anime is pretty much a carbon copy, with only a few exceptions. Honestly it kind of felt like I was reading storyboards for the anime.

With that being said ... FUCK YES TO UNCENSORED MANGA. All of the blacked out parts in the anime were SO annoying. I want t
Χαρά Ζ.
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh man.
Karako-san, you are fucking amazing.
There is a deadly kid with Renji's sword from bleach.
Shiro-chan, plz don't cry.
I need to read more or this. I need to read more or this. I need to read more or this. I need to read more or this. I, just. I need to read more or this.
Mary ♥
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5/5 stars

I loved the Scar Chain gang so much!
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There is nothing to say that i haven't already about this series. I just love it! Everyone needs to read this NOW!
Judyth (Geeky Reading)
Aug 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
~3.5-4/5

I keep saying this, but everyone is psychotic in this series. Pretty much everyone. And every time we meet a new characters, it’s likely they’re also psychotic.

We met a few new characters at the end of the last volume, and in this one we meet their gang, just before their plan to expose Wonderland takes off. And, of course, this includes some deaths and psychotic people.

I don’t know why it’s still surprising me how horrific this series is. The deaths a
Nərmin
Ganta, you baka! Go and apologize to Shiro for hitting her instead of figuring out she has done the right thing!
Oh that little girl was twisted..
I liked poor Nagi, hope he will be okay.. so sad for his background..
Michelle E.
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: borrowed
Four stars because I really do find the story intriguing, but I did have a major problem with Scar Chain's plan. (view spoiler) ...more
توفيق عبد الرحيم
Why are you doing this to us ?
Are we supposed to love her or hate her she is just helping them out and being the sweetest creature on earth
But she is the wretched egg
I can't make up my mind but i guess i don't have to yet
I am glad so many people died this issue because i cant memorize their names anyway i will read volume 5 right away maybe the names will stay in my head finally
Julia Sapphire
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, manga
Bec
Jul 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Still weird. And fan-service-y. Threads of a plot are keeping me going but I may not continue after I finish the volumes I own.
Rachel
Oct 21, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2015
*3.5 stars*
Amber
Jun 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I feel like this one went downward compared to the first three. still a worthy read
Blue
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fricken love this series
Lauren
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one was interesting, but not a whole lot actually happened over the course of the book. They attempted their big plan and nothing much happened. And absolutely nothing changed. Still interested to continue with the next book!
Online Eccentric Librarian
Jun 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dystopian, arc, manga

More reviews (and no fluff) on the blog http://surrealtalvi.wordpress.com/

The main plot kicks in with Deadman Wonderland Volume 4 as Ganta joins the Scar rebel team to fight the prison system. I have to appreciate that in American dystopian books, the government leaders are just evil. In Japanese dystopian, they are absolutely insane - and that makes them much more unpredicatable. In Deadman Wonderland, it's almost becoming a adventure to figure out which person is going to change sides (from good to evil or evil to good).

Story: Ganta me
Catharina Pu
Nov 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Liza
Mar 31, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wait....you can grow your vocal cords back? o_O Someone please explain to me if Deadman have regeneration abilities or not. >_>
Luke
Oct 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Back on this again. Deadman Wonderland remains a decent break from more taxing literature, given that you’ll always be assured of some grimly violent fighting and some embarrassed-teen interchanges in ready supply.

This volume provides a little more backstory, as well as offering a pretty action-packed mission. That the mission ends… badly… is probably to be expected given how early in the run we are. But still, there’s a good sense of high stakes. Betrayal and subterfuge make an appearance, and of course
Nancy Foster
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Prison escape stories are always fun to read and one just has to ponder the kind of security measures that Tamaki needs to keep several hundred people with the ability to turn their blood into powerful weapons inside of a hidden basement of his prison. Ganta is starting to come to terms with his somewhat more comfortable living conditions of Sector G and the peculiar Deadmen inmates that have taken a liking to him. It doesn't take long before the mentally unstable Nagi wants to recruit him to jo ...more
Andrew
Jan 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'd probably give this 3.5 stars. It's consistently entertaining. As with previous volumes, there is some unnatural formatting and weird translation of certain parts; also, some panels are quite vague, but generally speaking, the illustration is great and the dialogue is tight. I'm interested, and looking forward to reading the next volume.
Amanda Setasha Hall
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: zzz-2018, manga
I'm still indifferent on the story, but this one was a little too graphic for me. Lots of gore and intense injuries.
Also, some of the character designs in this basically look like a Bleach rip off.
I'm going to keep reading the series, but I really don't think my opinion is going to improve on this one...
Scott Lee
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This volume sees Scarchain attempt their first mission--a desperate attempt to get a data chip into the hands of government inspectors that are around for a week to take a look at the prison. Ganta first rejects the group than joins up, and is a key part of the mission. Shiro also shows up at a key moment and her actions either save the day or destroy it.
Jake Kropik
Nov 08, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5/5 Stars.

Another volume, more confusion. I didn't really care for the first half, but the second brought it around! I am just confused as to what happened to all the new characters from volume 3?
JJ
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series continues to be excellent. This volume is darker than the ones that preceded it. The stakes for the prisoners are getting higher. The story continues to be intriguing, the characters are evolving, and the artwork is absolutely gorgeous.
Lexi
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
THIS volume is much more on par with the first two. Lots of action, more secrets and plot getting revealed, new characters, development for the ones we already know...big fan of this. I really enjoyed the introduction of Scar Chain as well as that of the Undertakers.
Peter Barr
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this edition of Deadman Wonderland, our main character, Ganta Igarashi is welcomed into 'Scar Chain", a group seeking revolution within the Deadman Wonderland. Again, the artwork is interesting and the story moves well. There are a few surprises within the tale as it goes on.
Karlie
Oct 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
3.5 Stars
gabi
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Goodness gracious. Whoa. WHY IS EVERYTHING GOING WRONG?!
Erin
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love how the story continues and how the characters continue to devolp.
Say
This one sticks pretty close to the anime (like the rest) but it was nice to have a refresher since I haven't seen the anime in a couple of years.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Parasyte, Volume 12
  • D.Gray-man, Vol. 20 (D.Gray-man, #20)
  • Bus Gamer 1999-2001 the Pilot Edition
  • No. 6: The Manga, Volume 07 (No. 6: The Manga, #7)
  • Pet Shop of Horrors, Volume 7 (Pet Shop of Horrors, #7)
  • Doubt, Vol. 4
  • King's Game, Tome 5 (King's Game, #5)
  • カーニヴァル 8 [Kānivaru 8] (Karneval, #8)
  • 海月姫 4 [Kuragehime 4] (Princess Jellyfish #4)
  • Gantz/14
  • Blood Lad, Vol. 3
  • The Drifting Classroom, Vol. 10 (The Drifting Classroom)
Name (in native language): 片岡人生

Deadman Wonderland (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Deadman Wonderland, Vol. 1 (Deadman Wonderland, #1)
  • Deadman Wonderland, Vol. 2 (Deadman Wonderland, #2)
  • Deadman Wonderland Volume 3 (Deadman Wonderland, #3)
  • Deadman Wonderland Volume 5 (Deadman Wonderland, #5)
  • Deadman Wonderland Volume 6 (Deadman Wonderland, #6)
  • Deadman Wonderland Volume 7 (Deadman Wonderland, #7)
  • Deadman Wonderland Volume 8 (Deadman Wonderland, #8)
  • Deadman Wonderland Volume 9 (Deadman Wonderland, #9)
  • Deadman Wonderland Volume 10 (Deadman Wonderland, #10)
  • Deadman Wonderland Volume 11 (Deadman Wonderland, #11)