Start by marking “Lot Lizards” as Want to Read:
Lot Lizards

Lot Lizards

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  151 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Cyrene Nolte's two brothers were fiercely protective of her. Because she was a virgin, no man was allowed near her. But when she rescued Rene Lemonnier from certain death and nursed him back to health in her stark little chamber, he aroused more than her interest. Once in his arms, Cyrene knew that the wickedness the brothers had sought to protect her from was a passion to ...more
Published September 30th 2004 by eReads.com (first published October 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Lot Lizards, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lot Lizards

Jack Tripper
Ever since seeing Ridley Scott's Alien as a kid, one of my favorite horror setups has been "a bunch of people trapped or cut off in some way, and hunted by some creature or supernatural something." Garton, who had already penned another classic vampire novel a few years earlier (Live Girls), gets bonus points here for putting a bunch of supernatural somethings together with the unsuspecting humans.

Picture one of those large highway truck stops like Love's, which are almost like mini Walmarts ins
Angel Gelique
Here is another fine example of how the shameful lack of male willpower and moral judgment can lead to trouble....

Dirty hookers photo: thpenis.gif

Feeling lonely (and "in the mood") after his wife leaves home with their children, trucker Bill Ketter opens his driver's side door to a gaunt-looking young girl asking if he would like some company. Big mistake, Billy. Bill contracts something different from the typical STDs. He's developed an aversion to sunlight and an appetite for...you guessed it, blood. Bill is now a member of
Jason
May 18, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2014
Reading Ray Garton novels is a lot like reading literary movies that are just plain fun. Lot Lizards is no different. As the description states, lot lizards are prostitutes that haunt truck stops, truckers being their target ... um ... market.

We begin the story with Bill, a trucker who's stopped for the night at a truck stop and is feeling a little frisky. He hopes to hear the knock on his driver's side door, indicating the solicitation of a lizard. One comes, but Bill is taken by how skinny an
Donald
Feb 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
I guess I still like vampire stories.

In this one, several subplots feed the main story arc in a well thought out night of blood sucking fun-packed excitement.

You've got a victim, Bill Ketter, a trucker who's been turned and wants to stop them.

The them of which I speak are the lot lizards, young prostitutes who knock on the cabs of resting truckers looking to provide some—ahem—company.

There's a house within sight of the truckstop occupied by the sick daughter of one of the waitresses. Watching he
Eric
Mar 20, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, horror
Decent enough vampire tale, not much more to it than that...
Joe D.
Sep 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. I like Ray Garton in general. I remember when I finally started reading "other horror" (i.e., not Stephen King, Koontz, etc), I read a book "The Loveliest Dead" which really raised the bar on how cool a horror book could be. As with other Ray Garton books, this may not be earth shattering or ground breaking but it's fun and well worth the read. I suspect I'll eventually go through his entire catalogue.

Aside: now that I'm into e-Reading, there's a whole bunch of books th
Dave Pope
Dec 31, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For years I've had this on my bookshelf and for some reason didn't get down to reading it until a few weeks ago. Ordinarily I'm not fond of vampire books but this was a thrill ride. Don't think Dracula here - think "30 Days of Night". The vampires in this book are vicious, horrific,scary creatures and the story telling is gritty, fast paced and thrilling. This is a vampire novel and a survival novel with characters that you care about. A quick but well worth it read if you like your horror a lit ...more
Kevin
Apr 15, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Crazy People
Recommended to Kevin by: Tom Paterek
The author seems to have turned in a second draft of an unfinished novel and someone published it. Everything moves way to fast and all plot threads get tied up in nice neat unrealistic bows. Even the scenes that are supposed to be scary are not very. It could make an OK B movie in the hands of a decent screenwriter & director, but this SK wannabe author needs to work a lot harder next time.
A.R.
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Next to Stephen King's 'Salem's Lot, no one does vampires like Ray, and he's created another masterpiece. The way he makes supernatural stories personal is uncanny, just the touch of sick realism they need.
Dan
Jan 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror, vampires
This was my first Ray Garton novel. It's a fast paced story featuring it's share of violence gore, and even a bit of sex. The story centres around a truck stop diner that has been overrun with vampires. Overall a fun quick read with a solid finale.
Elizabeth
this review says it better than I can:

My take? If you like Ray Garton, you'll love this book. This is horror, not y our typical paranormal romancy vampires so popular today.
D M
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding book, great trucker reading
Amy
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved, already reading another book by mr.Garton.
K.D. McQuain
Sep 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror, vampire
A short but interesting read. Exciting and quick paced with some human emotion mixed in.
Lizzy Ann
  • An Occurrence in Crazy Bear Valley
  • Teratologist
  • Faint of Heart
  • Allhallow's Eve
  • The Next Wave (Clickers #2)
  • Muerte Con Carne
  • Midnight's Lair
  • Dispatch
  • Vampyrrhic
20559
Ray Garton is the author of several books, including horror novels such as LIVE GIRLS (which has a movie in the works), CRUCIFAX, E4 AUTUMN, and THE FOLKS; thrillers like TRADE SECRETS and SHACKLED; and numerous short stories and novellas. He's also written a number of movie and television tie-ins for young readers. He lives with his wife, Dawn, in California.
More about Ray Garton...