Start by marking “A Point of Honor” as Want to Read:
A Point of Honor

A Point of Honor

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  69 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Sir Mary de Courey is the doughtiest knight in the virtual reality land of Chivalry. But when, in the real world, her plane crashes and her car is driven off the road, she finds herself in more trouble than single combat can solve. Someone appears to want to retrieve the mysterious manor that she won from an anonymous knight, and is willing to kill her to get it back. Now ...more
Published April 1st 1998 by DAW

To ask other readers questions about A Point of Honor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Point of Honor

Rachel Neumeier
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
So, as you may recall, Dorothy J Heydt is the real name of "Katherine Blake." Under the former name, Heydt wrote POINT OF HONOR, which came out in 1998 from, let’s see here, DAW. Under the latter name, she wrote AN INTERIOR LIFE which came out in 1990 from Baen. Heydt didn’t write any other novels, though I gather she wrote a fair number of short stories.

Now, as it happens, I first read AN INTERIOR LIFE a long time ago. I bet I read it the year it came out, though I don’t remember for sure. I’ve
Rhy Moore
Jan 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, sff, sci
This is one of those surprise! favorite books. It's the only thing by the author I've ever read, in part because it's the only novel she ever wrote under this name. It's a shame she didn't write more novels, given that I've gotten so much enjoyment out of this one over the years.

I always liked the worldbuilding aspects of this book. It's mostly simmering in occasionally asides, but in the future global warming and the energy crisis have gotten really bad. Everyone has to be a little green to sur
Saara
Mar 11, 2013 rated it liked it
The novel seemed quite promising, and I did enjoy it, but I must admit that I liked the start and middle much more than I did the ending. What it did offer was some interesting concepts. This is one of those books that you can either take or leave — nothing special, but certainly not a waste of time, either.
Walter Underwood
Apr 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lovely read. Would you like a book that is equal parts SF and fantasy, where the tech doesn't feel dated after two decades, and the final scene is an Advent celebration? Then this is your book.

I picked this up because I loved "The Interior Life" by the same author. I was not disappointed.
Janin
Dec 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book thrilled me because I could tell that the author understands and potentially participates in the medieval recreation group, the SCA. That and it's about an honorable female gamer (:
Anne Taylor
Aug 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a very, very fun read. Especially for anyone who participates in any kind of historical reenactment group.
Gail
Sep 15, 2009 rated it liked it
Pretty entertaining story; plot seemed a bit forced at times, and the characters' motivations/abilities were occasionally inconsistent, but it was good fun.
Lyra Rose
Oct 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Find my review at http://lyraroses.blogspot.com
Cynthia