Start by marking “The Forbidden Lord (Lord Trilogy #2)” as Want to Read:
The Forbidden Lord (Lord Trilogy #2)

The Forbidden Lord (Lord Trilogy #2)

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  2,548 Ratings  ·  122 Reviews
Jordan Willis, the Earl of Blackmore, has played with the heart of many a society belle—yet one stolen kiss impulsively planted on the soft, irresistible lips of the preacher's daughter proves his undoing. The prim and proper Emily Fairchild's innocent response sends desire surging through the notorious rake, and he can't forget her. Now, meeting Lady Emma Campbell, an out ...more
Published October 13th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published February 1999)

Sombra
3,5

Son historias llenas de tópicos y malentendidos que hacen que a lo largo de la lectura ames y odies a los protagonistas por igual, pero si algo tiene Sabrina Jeffries, son tramas y ambientaciones bastante buenas que hacen que no te des cuenta de que has devorado medio libro hasta que lees la palabra fin.

En este segundo libro la autora nos habla de Jordan, el hermanastro de Sarah, protagonista del primer libro y de Emma, la hija de un rector de provincia. Ambos se conocen por culpa de un error
Pam
This is the second book in the Lord Trilogy by Sabrina Jeffries. I loved this book as much or more than the first book.

The story starts during a country mask ball. The heroine/Emily mistakenly tells a mask man (she thinks is her cousin she came with) to take her home. She is dressed in a black gown because she has been in morning for her mother for the last year. The masked man is the Earl of Blackmore and he only has interludes with willing widows and women with experience. He thinks she wants
Natasha
Jun 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you've read my past reviews, then you know that I love Sabrina Jeffries's work. I fall into every world she writes and I haven't read a book by her that I've yet to like.

At first, I thought it was going to be a normal mistaken identity turn love affair novel, but this one is much more than that. Hidden love affairs, black mail, spying and even possible death. It was filled with twists and hidden agendas, I was up most sitting up reading in my bed.

Jordan is a character I fell for shortly into
Zoe
Sep 06, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall it's a ok story but the plots don't necessarily make you believe how the characters are behaving are true to the characters. The story falls a little flat. I also felt there was little other than sexual tensions between the leads.
But I will say, Ms. Jeffries paints a pretty jealous dude. The sexusl tensions are palpable.
Chitra *CJ*
Ah. Average read at the best.
After being blown away by "The Pirate Lord", I was so looking forward to Jordan's book.
Jordan, our hero meets heroine Emily one dark night after a ball- and kisses her- before discovering she's a pure virgin and they both part ways.
The rest of the book revolves around how the pastor's daughter and local psychic Emily, who is blackmailed by Lord Nesfield for a possible transgression- to pretend to be Emma and Lady Dundee's daughter. While she's tries this masquerade u
Heidi Hart
This book starts with mistaken identity: Emily mistakes Jordan, Earl of Blackmore, for her cousin and escort, because both Jordan and the cousin have red hair and are wearing masquerade masks. Jordan mistakes Emily for a lonely widow, since she is in black mourning for her mother. Only when they are alone in a carriage, Emily's reputation already in danger, do they discover the error.

Sometime later, a neighboring lord who controls her father's living and knows a nasty secret about Emily forces
Thenia
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Jordan Willis, the Earl of Blackmore and stepbrother to Sara, the heroine of the previous book, meets his match in a most unlikely woman named Emily, an outspoken rector's daughter who enters his life by mistake.

Both of them fought their attraction, but you could practically feel the tension between them and it was inevitable that they would eventually succumb.

I saw through the mystery of who Lady Sophie's lover was from the beginning and I would have liked a few more scenes of the two together,
Ana Maria
Me ha parecido el más flojo de la trilogía, un libro para pasar el rato, incluso lo he encontrado demasiado largo. A pesar que soy fanática de Sabrina, con este me costó engancharme.
La historia no es mala, quizá la confusión de identidad el primer encuentro me pareció un poco rebuscada.
Pero creo que lo que no me enganchó fue .... el pelo cobrizo de él
Se que es una reverenda estupidez pero los galanes pelirrojos de desinflan
Mariana
Mar 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the quotes at the beginning of each chapter.
Funzee Shu
Mar 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

description

"Pertama kali kau mengutip ayat Alkitab untukku, kau telah mengikis sepotong hati granitku, dan kau terus mengikis hatiku sampai tidak ada apapun yang tersisa selain debu. Terima kasihku untukmu, karena menempatkan hati yang sesungguhnya pada tempatnya. Dan hati itu selalu menjadi milikmu."

Ini kisah tentang Jordan Blackmore. Lord yang terkenal tampan namun terkenal dingin dan tak pernah jatuh cinta karena hatinya konon terbuat dari "granit" !

Takdir kemudian mempertemukan dia dengan "rival yang
Fangirl Musings
Jan 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone- its good enough to please all historical romance readers!
Recommended to Fangirl Musings by: Impulse buy
I could not put this book down! Were it not for life interrupting my reading, I no doubt would have finished it in less the twenty four hours!

Essentially this book contained every aspect of historical romance novels that I love- or any good book for that matter. The pacing of a novel are very important in my opinion, because if they are not on point, a story can often have dry or dull spells within the story. Such was not the case for The Forbidden Lord. In its own way, the story read almost lik
Mac
Feb 23, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
La verdad, cumple su función de entretener y se lee rápido, es decir, la trama es muy activa y no hay momento para el aburrimiento con esta pareja, aunque el final se veía venir desde un comienzo. He de confesar que por momentos me irritaban los protagonistas: el conde por olvidadizo, con tal de alargar la trama de ella como lady Emma, él se contradecía a sí mismo y redescubría una y otra vez las mismas cosas como si fuese extremadamente olvidadizo; ella por bipolar, cambiante como el viento, en ...more
Isa
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Se me ha hecho un poquito eterno.
Rachel
3.4
Fanny Núñez
Es culpa de la gata xq al ver q le puso 3 me dije que no estaría tan excelente desde el principio ¬¬ así q noté ciers inconsistencias por ahí :P
Genieve Ong
May 09, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-read
The naive romantic side of me is sooo happy because of first kiss thingy... I love the idea that a woman's first kiss would come from the man she's destined to marry and she won't kiss anyone else....

This one is an example of those kind of story... it made me sooo dreamy and giddy like a ninny hahaaha and I honestly don't mind it ... not until some Judas ruined it for me... Some asshole kissed her against her will thank god it's only once or I might lose my wits! hahaha I mean I had no trouble
LOU71
The Forbidden Lord is a historical romance that had a promising storyline but failed to deliver a believable storyline. Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive. The plot ran hot and cold. The chemistry between the Hero and Heroine was mild. The scenarios started to be absurd. The issues between the leading characters became repetitive. I will say, however, that the lessons learned towards the end of the book were noble and well-written albeit predictable.

The Pirate Lord
ChocoholicReader
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jordan, who avoids innocents at all costs, is intrigued by the widow who brazenly invites him home from a ball. Imagine his shock to realize that the widow is in fact a rector's daughter who is just as surprised to see him. Despite his surprise, he can't seem too leave her without a kiss that shakes him to his core. Two months later, Jordan is still trying to get Emily out of his mind when she suddenly appears in the ballroom masquerading as Lady Emma. He is determined to get to the bottom of he ...more
Pamela Shropshire
I enjoyed the bits about Jordan in book 1 and was really looking forward to his story. I wanted to see the reform-minded lord lording about in London and a wonderful story where he fell in love with a woman who was worthy of him.

And I really liked the beginning, where he meets a rector's daughter at a masquerade ball and mistakes her for a merry widow, IYKWIM. And Emily mistook Jordan for her cousin Lawrence, and asked him to take her home.

And can I just say right now how EXCITING it is to have
Yogesh Jain
Oct 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OMG it was hot...

This book was so much hotter than the book 1.. Emily and Emma.. Two faces of a same woman and it was just holy shit awesome..

I really liked the musuem and wagon scene..

The author knows how to create a steamy sessions of kisses and sex.. How much i wished to be me..

If you need a steamy romance.. Stop all your search with this one.. I really liked the wickedness of the innocent girl..

When she didnt even knew finger Penetration doesn't mean no more virgin i just lost my mind. It w
Yasminknight
Un 3.5
Aldy
Marie
Feb 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bintang 4.
Buku ke2 seri Lord Trilogy.

Jujurlah walau sepahit apapun itu. Buku ini mengangkat tema kepercayaan dan keterbukaan dalam hal ini antara ayah dan anak. Seandainya ada kejujuran diantara mereka pemerasan yg terjadi pada Emily pastinya tak akan terjadi (lah entar gak ada cerita donk...).
Paling tidak suka dengan politikus yg menggunakan kekuasaannya dan sedikit info yg dipunyainya untuk memanipulasi orang orang yg lemah terutama pada gadis lugu dan polos seperti dalam cerita satu ini.

Jorda
Carol *Young at Heart Oldie*
Confession time…

There is no doubt in my mind that my rating for this book is coloured by the fact that, prior to reading it, I had eagerly consumed Temptation & Twilight by Charlotte Featherstone, Unveiled by Courtney Milan and Scandal Wears Satin by Loretta Chase. So any book I subsequently read was going to have to pull something major out of the bag to topple these three from the winners’ podium! (Sorry, Olympics mania here in the UK is obviously affecting my brain)

I really enjoyed this b
ies
Jan 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
hahahaha.. aku kasih 4 bintang *biasa HR deh* hmpfh
Tapi aku suka karakter Jordan dari buku 1 si, trus Emily nya juga bukan tipe menye-menye lemah jantung hehehehe...

Lanjut dari Ending buku 1, Pesta topeng di kediaman Gideon, si Marquest eh masih Earl ding ya secara bapaknya masih hidup.
Emily Fairchild, putri seorang pendeta, datang mengenakan pakaian serba hitam yang menandakan bahwa dia sedang dalam masa berkabung, bukan.. dia bukan seorang janda, Emily berkabung untuk kematian ibunya. Emily
Belle Augusta
Oh yeah! A perfect stars for Jordan and Emly. Uh I really love them.
Aku suka karakternya Emily, yang berbeda dengan sifat manja, atau sifat-sifat Putri Muda lainnya. Memang karena dia adalah seorang anak rektor atau pastor, dia mempunyai sifat mandiri. Sifat mandiri ini aku sering baca di novel-novel HR lainnya, tapi sifat Emily yang berpendirian kuat, tidak mudah goyah pendiriannya segimana pun cobaan yang menerpanya, dia tetap memegang janjinya. Jarang karakter heroine HR yang seperti ini. Sal
Ririn
I love Jordan since book 1, mostly because his interaction with his sister, Sara, who is the heroine of book 1. So I've been waiting for Jordan's book the minute I was finished with The Pirate Lord.

I think Emily is adorable and she's perfect for Jordan. Their meeting in chapter 1 is also a great start. Their second meeting is also exhilarating and makes my toes curl. This could get 4 stars, but some things really bugged me, namely the inconsistency. (view spoiler)
Nessa
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
THIS WAS AN INTERESTING STORY, WHILE THE DRIVING FORCE BEHIND IT WAS A LITTLE UNREALISTIC AND UNUSUAL, I CANT COMPLAIN MORE WHEN IT THRUSTS THE HERO TO SOLVE THE MYSTERY BEHIND THE HEROINE.

OUR HERO has seen the wreck of his parents' marriage and decides that he doesn't want to get married or even if he does, it's just for an heir. Love will not play a part of it. One night he finds a woman who accidentally gets into his carriage and circumstances forced him to take her home instead but during t
  • Meet Me at Midnight (With This Ring, #2)
  • Snowy Night with a Stranger (School for Heiresses, #4.5)
  • By Love Unveiled (Restoration, #1)
  • Desire (Notorious, #3)
  • Just Wicked Enough (Rogues and Roses, #2)
  • The Ruthless Charmer (Rogues of Regent Street, # 2)
  • The Naked Marquis (Naked Nobility, #3)
  • One Night of Sin (Knight Miscellany, #6)
Sabrina Jeffries is the NYT bestselling author of over 50 novels and works of short fiction (some written under the pseudonyms Deborah Martin and Deborah Nicholas). Whatever time not spent writing in a coffee-fueled haze of dreams and madness is spent traveling with her husband and adult autistic son or indulging in one of her passions—jigsaw puzzles, chocolate, and music. With over 9 million book ...more
More about Sabrina Jeffries...

Lord Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Pirate Lord (Lord Trilogy, #1)
  • The Dangerous Lord (Lord Trilogy, #3)