Start by marking “Sam's Letters to Jennifer” as Want to Read:
Sam's Letters to Jennifer

Sam's Letters to Jennifer

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  81,322 Ratings  ·  2,274 Reviews
Grief-stricken by a recent tragedy, Jennifer returns to the resort village where she grew up to help her beloved grandmother. There, Jennifer will discover new meaning in life and experience not one, but two of the most amazing love stories ever.
Published June 28th 2004 by Doubleday large print home library edition (first published January 1st 2001)

Rachel C.
May 05, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Gag. Every cheesy, tearjerker plot ever conceived is contained in this one novel. Among them: (view spoiler).

Also, I was expecting this book to be about a man writing love letters to a woman but S
Maria Ella
Yes. I am a fan of James Patterson. Not because of his crime series. Not because of literary forms. It is because, no matter how hard I try, I am still a matronic reader. I invest tears in a book, especially if it is a story worth crying for.

Call this corny or cheesy or plain stupid, I wouldn't care. I cried in coffee shops, in libraries, in quiet rooms, and most especially, in my bedroom where it all lingered. And in this take, we see how special love transcends from one generation to another.
Debbie
Jan 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sam's Letters to Jennifer is heartwarming and bittersweet.

This book definitely gave me more than I expected. The cover, so Nicholas Sparks-ish did not lure me in. Actually it made me question was this a book I really wanted to read. The bittersweet sappy theme usually doesn't draw me in. It usually pushes me away. Too nice sometimes is too boring. There's a repetitive formula to these types of books that I have a hard time buying. But I said why not and decided to give it a try. I assumed it w
Karen
The story of a grown woman who feels she has lost everything in her life. her best friend; her grandmother just fell into a coma while the love of her life died a couple years back, partly because it was her fault. She spends restless days within the shadow of blame and regret towards herself while the anouncment of her grandmothers condition is discovered. The grandmother, sam, has left her letters in order to let her understand things in her life that no one else has. She begins to understand ...more
Jessie
Jul 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. It starts with Jennifer going to her grandmother's lake house, because her grandmother, Sam, is in the hospital. Jennifer finds letters that her grandmother has written to her. As she reads them, she finds the true meaning of love, and gets to know some secrets about her grandmother. I loved this book, because we all would love to have met our parents or grandparents when they were young... to really know who they were. In a way, Jennifer got to do that.
Jen
Sep 05, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Oh I just could not stand it! If I could have given it zero stars I would have! I am not a big fan of overally emotional books, where you feel manipulated by the author in order to have a certain reaction. I just felt like the whole story was over-the-top. Too much. I love books and when I purchase a book (which isn't often, I usually get them from the library) I keep it. I disliked this book so much that I couldn't stand to have it on my bookshelf. I donated it to a charity. In a nutshell: unre ...more
Rachel
Aug 28, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
There is something about a guilty pleasure book -- a quick read that is entirely predictable but still tugs at your heartstrings. This is how I would classify Sam's Letters to Jennifer.

I was a bit skeptical about reading this book, considering I had read Sundays at Tiffany's earlier this year and was wasn't too impressed with it. But, the dust jacket intrigued me, and I could tell it'd be a quick read like Sundays at Tiffany's, so I gave it a shot.

Being a Minnesotan, I really enjoyed how the boo
Stu Schreiber
Dec 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: stu-loves
Another excellent novel from Patterson. He's a writing machine.
Christine
Jennifer was summoned back to her hometown where she was raised by her grandmother. Her grandmother Samantha, took very ill with a heart attack and is in a coma in the hospital.

When Jennifer arrives home there, she discovers a pack of letters which have been addressed specifically to her by Sam. In every letter, her grandma reveals many sad memories of her past. She speaks of her late husband Charles, who beat her over the years, and the affair she had been carrying on the side with a man, Doc,
Kelli
Mar 07, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I happened upon this book when I needed something to read and it was readily available on overdrive. I also wanted something light and easy as I had just finished the Goldfinch and the Nightingale... and my poor heart could not handle any more weight. I probably should have researched this a little more because it was not light at all, but it was a very easy read. A classic case of judging a book by its cover, or in my case, its title. The relationship between Jennifer and Sam was beautiful. Sam ...more
  • The Locket (The Locket, #1)
  • True Blue
  • Between Sisters
  • The Smoke Jumper
  • The Christmas Shoes (Christmas Hope #1)
  • Safe Harbour
  • Even Now (Lost Love, #1)
  • 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2)
  • The Rescue
BookShots
JIMMY Patterson Books
Official Site for James Patterson's Middle School Series
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. As of January 2016, he has sold over 350
More about James Patterson...
“What are we but our stories?” 60 likes
“The act of laughing releases some nice chemical into your brain, you feel good and it's free.” 44 likes