Start by marking “I Like You the Best” as Want to Read:
I Like You the Best

I Like You the Best

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  47 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Dolly the pig and Jack Rabbit are the best friends in all the world. One afternoon while painting portraits, they hurt each other's feelings in this heartwarming picture book about the ups and downs that come with being best friends.
Published February 15th 2011 by Holiday House

To ask other readers questions about I Like You the Best, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Like You the Best

Elisabeth
May 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kid-fiction
Absolutely adorable. I love that it shows calming down techniques as part of the story and that the love for their friends is still there even though they're fighting. Nice artwork. Sweet book.
Melissa
As a storytime book, this is kind of just another hug-and-make-up friends story.

However, for preschools, or for families at home, as a showcase of techniques for de-escalating negative emotions (the Australian title of the book was "Chill"), this could be pretty useful. Ways to chill in this book include: take a deep breath, count to ten, take a warm bath, close your eyes, think of something good, meditate (be a tree, be a bee), give back rubs, give foot rubs, and brush your skin with a feather
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Dolly the pig and Jack Rabbit are best friends. They like to play together. One day, when they are painting each other’s picture, the friends quarrel. They walk away, angry, and say they will never be friends again. They both are mad at first, but before long they both feel sad. They meet at their favorite place and tell each other how much they miss each other and soon they are happily playing together again.

“Some days they race around so fast

and play so hard,

all they can do is…

LAUGH!”
Samantha
Mar 25, 2011 rated it liked it
A very useful picture book for showcasing friendship. Dolly and Jack are the best of friends until one day they get into an argument and both walk away angry and with hurt feelings. The author does a good job of showing how the characters work through their anger and how they eventually resolve their problems. Well done!
Taylor
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book taught a very good lesson on friendship. Dolly said that after a misunderstanding with her best friend jack that they will never be friends. However, after cooling down they realize they both still want to be best friends and that a silly little argument shouldn't make people give up on their friends.
Jessica Lopez
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
We all have our bad days with friends. Sometimes those bad days leave us feeling lonely. I Like You the Best takes us on a rollercoaster of a friendship. Alongside the main characters,adventure in the ups and downs of friendship.
Anja Manning
Jan 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful story about hurt feelings and forgiveness amongst two best friends.

The book shines thanks to Carol Thompson's spirited illustrations that do an excellent job portraying friendship and feelings - the good and the bad.
Erin
Mar 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Great for storytimes!
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
Jan 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
Cute book about the ups and downs of a friendship.
Katie
Mar 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Very cute. Nice examples for preschoolers on how to cool off after conflict.
Susan Erhardt
Feb 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Cute story that shows kids you can be mad at your friend and still remain friends.
Edward Sullivan
Feb 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Friends fight, friends make up.
Lynn
Mar 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Great story about friendship!
June
Jul 18, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents and day care teachers asking for feelings books
Dolly & Jack are best friends, until they paint each other. They both calm down and the next day become best friends again.
Tim Schraad
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is great to show kids the power of friendship and how all arguments can be solved by saying sorry.
Michele
May 21, 2013
Susan
Mar 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shows great ways for kids to be cool down when they are angry!
Tara