Start by marking “1947 Santoshabad Passenger And Other Stories” as Want to Read:
1947 Santoshabad Passenger And Other Stories

1947 Santoshabad Passenger And Other Stories

1947 Santoshabad Passenger and Other Stories is a heart-warming and delightful collection of English translations of Telugu short fiction. Celebrating the centenary of the Telugu short story, this book brings together some of the best stories that reflect the wit, humour, and strong sense of culture from this region of India.

This outstanding translation, with its unadorne
Published 2010 by Rupa & Co.

To ask other readers questions about 1947 Santoshabad Passenger And Other Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 1947 Santoshabad Passenger And Other Stories

Start your review of 1947 Santoshabad Passenger And Other Stories
Chelsea Mcgill
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
From my blog: http://thegloballycurious.blogspot.in...

This collection features never-before translated Telugu short stories by a wide range of authors, including what is considered to be the first Telugu short story published in 1902.

The stories address the struggles and travails - as well as the beauty - of life at all its stages, from the birth of a child to friendship and romance at old age. At the same time, they paint vivid pictures of social problems and changes to society during the cours
Uday Kanth
Apr 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: telugu, indian
An interesting collection of authors and short stories. What spoils the book entirely is the shoddy translation, the language is inconsistent and I don't understand the point of using esoteric words in a translation which don't add any value.
Sangeetha Kodithala
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I picked this book looking at the long list of renowned Telugu authors who've contributed to this. Expected nothing less than excellence and I'm not disappointed.

Most of these stories are set in early 20th century and give us a glimpse of life in those days. The commentary on social setup and gender bias in some stories sounds relevant even today. I'd strongly recommend this book.
Goodread10