Start by marking “Long Shadows (Warriors: Power of Three #5)” as Want to Read:
Long Shadows (Warriors: Power of Three #5)

Long Shadows (Warriors: Power of Three #5)

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  11,963 Ratings  ·  285 Reviews
The Clans are in turmoil. ShadowClan has turned its back on StarClan and pledged to follow the dark predictions of Sol, the strange cat who foretold the solar eclipse. But not all the cats have lost faith in their warrior ancestors. . . .

Jaypaw is convinced that StarClan still holds an important place in the warrior code, and his search for answers leads him far back into
Published October 6th 2009 by HarperCollins (first published November 25th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Long Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Long Shadows

Sella Malin
Jan 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just...shocked. This book has left me literally SPEECHLESS. GAAH!!! It's DEFINITELY the BEST one out of ALL the warriors series so far. AAGGH!!!!!! ITS SOO EXCITING AND SUSPENSEFUL AND FULL OF MYSTERY AND THRILL AND MURDER AND SHOCK!!!!
Madison
Nov 09, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: big-series
KylaRodas
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In this book, even the most unlikely of people become a villain. The most unlikely of heroes save the day.
Aju
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, good-books
" As the sick cats curled up in there nest, Jaypaw heard the sound of racing footsteps drawing closer.What now? He picked up sandstorm's scent as she halted by the bramble screen."Leafpool, come quickly!" she gasped."Firestar is ill!!" Thunder clan is suffering a outbreak of green cough and Firestar is ill. What will thunder clan do without there great leader's helps?
The outbreak of green cough expands rapidly and soon enough, two medicine cat alone are not enough that they have to rely on the
Aoife
Feb 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All warrior fans! Read them in order everyone! :)
Raven
Dec 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deborah Pickstone

A bit repetitive. The plot, that is. I still keep reading it so it must be doing something right! I think it's more than anything imagining my own kittens having such a life - yet my little darlings have hardly ever left the garden and they seem pretty happy! We pet lovers are dreadfully keen to anthopomorphise our fur babies, no? ; )
Scott
Jun 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
haley
Actual rating: 2.5 stars

This review is for both Long Shadows and Sunrise , the fifth and sixth books in the Power of Three series.

I quite enjoyed the first four books of the Power of Three, but these last two books were such a disappointment.

They could've been three stars. It was only two things that ruined everything.

Firstly was the character Sol, the mysterious loner. He serves no real purpose to the story. He only serves as a source of mystery and does nothing but stir up drama and angs
Kate Matson
Sep 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zanye
YES FINALLY
A GOOD POWER OF THREE BOOK
Yes, pretty much all of the other POT books were garbage. Just sayin'. Except for Eclipse, that was a good one.
I could just feel the tension building up to the climax at the end of the book, and it DID NOT DISAPPOINT. I'm using all caps BECAUSE THAT'S HOW GOOD IT WAS.
Man, i can't even talk about it without spoiling it, so...
What annoyed me was that the blurb from 'Sunrise' spoiled EVERY RELEVANT THING FROM LONG SHADOWS. I mean, people are going to read t
Erin
Jan 25, 2011 rated it did not like it
So far this is the worst book of the series.(This book doesn’t even deserve the one star it has!) It is so boring and I really can’t follow the plot. Everyone who has read the books before this one knows about the prophecy and how shadow clan turned their backs on starclan to follow Sol (so why is it repeated over and over again). the only significant thing that happened in the book is now Hollypaw and Lionpaw are warriors, big whup. to those who haven’t read this book I suggest you never even b ...more
Sheila Ruth
Dec 31, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Warriors fans
A little different from the previous Warriors books, it's great to see the authors break some new ground. Some interesting situations and themes. Overall I liked it, although there was one scene that I thought "jumped the shark" and solved a problem in a way that was a little too pat. The book ends in a way that's guaranteed to keep Warriors fans talking until the next one comes out!
Jan 09, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was actualy quite interesting, considering my low expectations. I am not a big fan of the "Power of Three", but this book was better writen and had many interesting plot twists. I would have said it was a good book, but the ending was bad and ruined the overall effect.
Samma Lynne
For a book where "we have to talk" is really the catch phrase (at least once a chapter, it feels like), there is still no one talking to each other so that all the problems compound. You're trying, Midnight, and I appreciate that.
Priya
Jan 28, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: four-stars
Aria
they are starting not to feel like the original books anymore which is sad. the ending was horrible and in my opinion totally out of character!
Jennifer Katz
This series has descended from fabulous, suspenseful, writing to boring, predictable, and overall stupid writing. I saw everything coming.
Michelle
Dec 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
This newest entry in the Warriors: Power of Three series is great. A big secret is revealed and some cats become sick. In addition, there is worry that some clans will abandon Star Clan. A good read!
Charlene
Jan 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love the warriors series. This book will leave you on the edge of your seat as you crave to learn more about the prophecy and the dark secret squirrelflight is hiding.
Amrina Albab
Error 404
This book was, in my opinion, the best book in Power of Three so far.
This was the biggest shock for me:
(view spoiler)
Korinoryu Fuyu
I've just read it, again for the fifth or sixth time, I'm not sure, but yeah I pretty much know the answer to like, everything in here.
It begins with the first four leaders of the Clans, Thunder, River, Wind, and Shadow. They meet with Midnight the badger to ask her why she answered all of Sol's questions of the Clans.
Hollyleaf and Lionblaze were made warriors keeping the night before.
Hollyleaf encounters a ShadowClan border patrol while on a hunting patrol. The ShadowClan cats told them that S
Kyrsten
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been reading the Warriors series to my children (all the series!) for the past 2 years. We love them, though I would hesitate to recommend them for children under 9-years-old. Some of the peril and violence is a bit much for younger children. Typically, cats are only injured, not killed, but sometimes a battle results in death. I've actually edited some of the action and cats' visions on the fly to avoid references to "streams of blood", etc.

We've come to love the characters and care about
Vicki
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing! the last few chapters were intense and filled with emotions, it totally deserves 5 stars!
Jordan
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book, even better ending. Not spoiling anything, but something threw me for a loop right at the end that left me theorizing until I could read the next one. (I was wrong anyway)
Ashfur 4 13 Oct 30, 2014 12:36PM
who likes sol? 14 27 Oct 13, 2014 02:58PM
who the parents? 11 46 Aug 05, 2014 04:03PM
The three 4 13 Aug 05, 2014 12:00PM
Jayfeather or Jay's Wing? 7 25 Aug 05, 2014 11:59AM
Warrior Cats! (Meow): Long Shadows 1 3 Aug 23, 2013 05:40PM
Warrior Cats Fore...: Long Shadows [#5] 5 6 Oct 02, 2012 07:57PM
  • The Golden Tree (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #12)
  • Ratha and Thistle-Chaser (The Named, #3)
  • The Outlaw Varjak Paw
  • The Sight (Sight, #1)
  • Guide Book To The Great Tree (Guardians Of Ga'hoole)
Erin Hunter is the pseudonym of five people: Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Tui T. Sutherland, Gillian Phillips, and Inbali Iserles, as well as editor Victoria Holmes. Together, they write the Warriors series as well as the Seekers and Survivors series. Erin Hunter is working on a new series now called Bravelands.

Erin Hunter is inspired by a love of cats and a fascination with the ferocity of the nat
More about Erin Hunter...

Warriors: Power of Three (6 books)
  • The Sight (Warriors: Power of Three, #1)
  • Dark River (Warriors: Power of Three, #2)
  • Outcast (Warriors: Power of Three, #3)
  • Eclipse (Warriors: Power of Three, #4)
  • Sunrise (Warriors: Power of Three, #6)

“I’d bet a month of dawn patrols those apprentices had something to do with it,” Birchfall meowed. “Why else would they disappear back to ShadowClan without their mother?”
Dustpelt let out a snort of amusement. “I can just picture those three holding Blackstar down until he agreed.”
30 likes
“Go and don't come back, you can take the catmint. I have no quarrel with ThunderClan; I don't want to see cats suffer, whatever you might think. Just be careful you don't end up like a bully like your kin, Tigerstar.” 18 likes