Start by marking “Christmas Letters from Hell: All the News We Hate from the People We Love” as Want to Read:
Christmas Letters from Hell: All the News We Hate from the People We Love

Christmas Letters from Hell: All the News We Hate from the People We Love

2.15  ·  Rating Details  ·  26 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews

Who doesn't love to open the mailbox during the holidays and find a newsletter? Whether it's a juicy missive from a college roommate inadvertently revealing her husband's wandering eye, a self-congratulatory account of a cousin's rise to power at the local fast-food joint, or a mind-numbingly detailed account of a year's medical ailments (including photos) from a coworker,
Published November 6th 2007 by Touchstone (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Christmas Letters from Hell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas Letters from Hell

VegasGal
Nov 07, 2011 VegasGal rated it did not like it
Shelves: ditched-2011
A book truly from hell. Note: this is NOT meant as a compliment. I mistakenly thought that these letters were going to be real and hellish, but alas, they're just the wordy, not funny blabbings made up by the author on stupid subjects like "Filling and loathing on Elm St", "Holiday Skinheads at Starbucks," and "Yuletide yearnings from Christopher Walken." Yuck!
Dec 19, 2010 Jennifer rated it did not like it
Shelves: adult-nf
I thought this was going to be horrible xmas letters that people had actually written to each other, ala awkward family photo style. Instead they were letters that were supposed to be funny from famous people or certain characters (your grandmother, a burner, Osama). I chuckled slightly once, in the 6 I attempted to read.
Crazy Uncle Ryan
Dec 16, 2011 Crazy Uncle Ryan rated it did not like it
I really tried. I read for longer than I probably should have waiting for the book to get funny. Then I read the "They Might Be Amish" joke and I decided I had just had enough. This book was a waste of time.
Courtney
Apr 29, 2014 Courtney rated it did not like it
Quite possibly the worst book I've ever read. Thought it would be real, humorous Christmas letters (like Awkward Family Photos). Nope, just a very lame attempt at humor.
Tammy
Jan 19, 2016 Tammy rated it it was ok
Shelves: humor, christmas, essays
I have a dark sense of humor but I just didn't think this book was funny.
Faz
Feb 19, 2010 Faz rated it it was ok
I was expecting this to be a compilation odd of letters from real people collected over the years. Instead it is a collection of fictional letters to Santa.
Amber
Dec 31, 2012 Amber rated it did not like it
It's a very fast read! Some what funny, but It would have been funnier if they were really letters. Not letter from Santa, Global warming etc.
Jason Bullett
Nov 30, 2012 Jason Bullett rated it liked it
A good roundhouse kick to the annoying round robins we get every year around Xmas-time, whether we want them in our mailbox or not.
Jim Dunn
Aug 26, 2015 Jim Dunn rated it did not like it
This book was a huge disappointment with only one redeeming letter, "Holiday in Oaxaca: How I Spent My Christmas Vacation."
Brooke Marsing
Brooke Marsing marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2015
Maureen Morley
Maureen Morley rated it liked it
May 12, 2015
Tiffany Walsingham
Tiffany Walsingham rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2014
Dani Aquino
Dani Aquino rated it did not like it
Jul 28, 2015
Amber Casaurang
Amber Casaurang rated it did not like it
Jul 31, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it did not like it
Jun 05, 2014
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2013
Madseacow
Madseacow marked it as to-read
May 04, 2013
Sarah rated it it was ok
Apr 16, 2013
Jules
Jules rated it did not like it
Jan 18, 2013
Terri
Terri added it
Dec 04, 2012
Dalyn
Dalyn rated it it was ok
Oct 14, 2012
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
May 20, 2012
Heather
Heather rated it did not like it
Feb 14, 2012
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2012
Camille
Camille rated it it was ok
Dec 21, 2011