Start by marking “Dance First, Think Later: 618 Rules to Live by” as Want to Read:
Dance First, Think Later: 618 Rules to Live by

Dance First, Think Later: 618 Rules to Live by

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  235 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
Timeless in their wisdom, thought-provoking in their message, surprising in their truth and memorable in their originality, the right words can give direction, inspiration, and sometimes a tangible boost onto the right path. For example, Steve Jobs once read “Stay hungry Stay foolish” on the back cover of The Whole Earth Catalog, and those four words came to guide his life ...more
Published February 24th 2011 by Workman Publishing Company (first published February 15th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Dance First, Think Later, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dance First, Think Later

Hadi Wijaya
Apr 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Well I can't say I read it as a book since it contains quotes. I read several quotes a day and sometime there is good quote which relate with my situation and somehow enlighten me.

The quotes itself is not popular quotes I used to read/hear in my life. Most of them is new for me and almost all of them is being said by just ordinary person who work some profession. Some of it is a very common sentences actually which somehow when correct person at the correct time say it, it become a very powerfu
Lenore Webb
Mar 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
Dear Hubby is always saying nice things to me. That is great but I was not at all use to it when we first met. I did not know how to accept a compliment. So I made it into our personal joke. He would say something nice and I would tease him that he had a lil black book of compliments. And just what page was that one on? Well over time I have learned to accept what he says as his truth to me. But we still have the running joke.

It would be nice to have a lil book to tell you of the nice things to
Mashael Alamri
May 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was thinking about the title of this book for a long time. I have no doubt that thinking before doing anything is important -at least for me- but the title made me shift my thoughts a little to the other side of the whole thing and I asked myself: Is It necessarily a good thing? To think before everything? Sometimes you have to just act--whether it's dancing or writing or jumping. I realized that some of the achievements in my life were made completely spontaneously-- I did not think, I just ...more
Jun 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
It's an inspiring book, quoting from famous people. My favourites :
"Sometimes you have to be a bitch to get things done." -Madonna, singer

"Laugh at yourself first before anyone else can."-Elsa Maxwell, socialite

"If you do not expect the unexpected you will not find it, for it is not to be reached by search or trail. "- Heracleitus, Greek Philosopher

Aug 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: quotes-and-quips
This quirky titled, palm-sized compilation of quotes is a fun zippy read. Filled with 618 rules to live by, “Dance First Think Later” Is a great book to have on hand for just the right sentiment; little pearls of wisdom to fit just about every mood and situation.

Inspirational Pearls: “Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” – Desmond Tutu

‘Tasty’ Tidbits: “Life is half delicious yogurt, half crap, and your job is to keep th
Cherie Palmer
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another fine quote book.
Sachin Ganpat
Jul 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
Ok, firstly, this is a great little book of quotes. Not all of them are great, but there were quite a few that I liked and a small set that was thought-provoking.

However, I can't find a book that is simply a curation of quotes to be amazing.

Let's face it, I can come across great quotes on Quotes Daddy.

And the subtitle? 618 Rules to live by? I found witty quotes, but not much that I would live by.

It seems so easy to publish a book that you had very little creative input into.
Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as a birthday gift from a friend, and it couldn't have been a better fit. I love quotes and enjoy pondering their deeper insights. This book had a wide variety of quotes about a wide variety of subjects. Very cute and nice to go back to every now and then for a little advice or 'pick me up'.
Yogi Saputro
Buku ini berguna kalau mau bikin quote yang bisa dishare di media sosial. Sisanya adalah kutipan perkataan para orang hebat di bidangnya.
Quote disini berbahaya kalau ditelan mentah-mentah. Sebab orang yang mengatakannya mengerti bobot dari kata-katanya sedangkan pembaca awam tidak.
Yah mungkin saja ada beberapa yang cukup menginspirasi.
Aug 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
One of the funniest, most inspirational books I've ever read. All quotes by the famous and the anonymous. I loved it and many of my friends can say the same. I quote it often and it inspired me. Hilarious and interesting!
Alaa Al-hindi
Mar 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
One perfect little book !
A variety of quotes combining wisdom and comedy that will teach you lots of things and help you become a better person .. Some quotes will leave you thinking for a while
Totally recommend it !!!
Jan 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lessons-learned
5 out of 5 stars!

A quick read that reminds you the little things in life and how they are important, great words of wisdom that I definitely am trying more to do now.

A book to refer to anytime, especially when you are thinking to much.
Ayu Meintari
Jan 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
every page was made me so curious, usually i read a book spent 2 weeks or more,,this book only few hours,,,:))
Dec 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book brings me everywhere with everyone...
E. Mellyberry
Mar 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: got-a-copy
Made me laugh, made me think... mostly helped me see priorities.
Deni Aria
Jul 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
It is very a handy manual book for surviving the life that the trivial words may get so inspiring !
Sep 14, 2012 added it
Shelves: non-fiction
Yes, I do own this book. I got it for my birthday and it is the sweetest present.
Mimie Dy
Dec 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
"Sometimes you have to be a bitch to get things done." -Madonna
Donna Jean
Jul 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What a breath of fresh air! Some days you just need a laugh or to be grounded again. Loved this one.
Jun 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Hilarious book!
It makes me believe that my decision to take a break from the fast, endless circling and full-of-drama job is not a bad decision after all...
Love it!
Agnes Tan
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A book for keeps. Loves the insight given by people of all kinds. Some are so true with humour added. definitely a good read. A good present for friends, i think.
Linda Tjendi
Mar 02, 2012 marked it as to-read
The 5 stars rate n the title attracted me :) .. to-read ..
Jul 31, 2014 rated it liked it
لطيف خفيف ، يؤخذ منه ويُرد
Sep 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: easy-to-read
I like this book. Well anyway this book contains of quotes. I read them, and HIGHLIGHTED several of them .
Alla Khawaji
May 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
I own this book its present from my husband. I need this kind of book these days. It makes me happy and optimistic.
Nikka Calindas
Mar 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Some quotes I can live with and some quotes that I simply can't agree with. 'Dance First, Think Later' is a perfect book for those who always contemplate what life is really about.
Oct 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very light book, contains a good collection of quotes. You'll be inspired by some. Sure.

Highly recommended
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
425 pages of great quotes..
one of my fav is "All is well, practice kindness, heaven is nigh."-Jack Kerouac, Writer
May 23, 2016
  • Our Voices, Our Visions
  • Why Pandas Do Handstands: And Other Curious Truths About Animals
  • Indonesia Mengajar 2
  • Storm in a C Cup: My Autobiography
  • If I'd Known Then: Women in their 20s and 30s Write Letters to Their Younger Selves
  • Brady, Brady, Brady: The Complete Story of The Brady Bunch as Told by the Father/Son Team who Really Know
  • 101 Creative Notes
  • Moments: Pulitzer Prize-Winning Photographs: A Visual Chronicle of Our Time
  • The Intellectual Devotional Biographies: Revive Your Mind, Complete Your Education, and Acquaint Yourself with the World's Greatest Personalities
  • The Wanted: Our Story, Our Way: 100% Official
  • New Kids on the Block: Five Brothers and a Million Sisters
  • My Take
  • Happy Days
  • Oceana: Our Endangered Oceans and What We Can Do to Save Them
  • The Crazy Game
  • Feel: Robbie Williams

Nonfiction Deals

• A Room of One's Own
  • Life in a Medieval City
  • Untangled: Guiding Teenage Girls Through the Seven Transitions into Adulthood
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Weekends at Bellevue: Nine Years on the Night Shift at the Psych E.R.
  • Triggers: Creating Behavior That Lasts--Becoming the Person You Want to Be