Start by marking “The Art of French Kissing” as Want to Read:
The Art of French Kissing

The Art of French Kissing

How do you say, 'So many men, so little time, ' in French? Well, Emma Sullivan can always figure that out later. The point is -- she's in Paris! Which would be great, except that she's stuck doing public relations for one of the hottest -- and craziest -- rock stars on the planet. Making things worse is Gabriel Francoeur, the sexy and stubborn reporter who refuses to belie ...more
Published February 25th 2008 by 5 Spot Pub (first published November 15th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Art of French Kissing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Art of French Kissing

Start your review of The Art of French Kissing
Stacey
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was the perfect February read. Champagne, Paris, and romance. It was a quick and fun read. Emma is planning her wedding when she discovers her fiance, Brett, has cheated on her and wants to call everything off. While talking to her friend in Paris about her situation, she decides to visit. Exploring Paris and landing a new job as a publicist for an up and coming rock star is just what Emma needs to reinvent herself. Chaos and romance ensue. Chick lit at its best.
Megan
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
I read this in practically one sitting. It was pure fluff but it was enjoyable. I knew what was going to happen pretty early on in the book but I loved the descriptions of life in Paris and a really liked the protagonist so it was all good.
Mary Herring
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was the perfect beach read! A sweet little romance written 10 years ago by one of my favorite authors! Completely different from her historical fiction, but very enjoyable!
Mary Ann
Jan 01, 2019 rated it liked it
A really quick and fun romp through Paris. The book became a little predicable but that didn't take away from the story of the characters
☆☆Hannah☆☆
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was ok
This was an okay read. I really think that this was just one of those days. In this Emma is a woman whose life is falling apart. She gets left by her boyfriend and gets fired from her job on the same day. She then ends up in Paris. Where she ends up falling in love and getting a happy ending.
Dayreader Reviews
Dec 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Emma is a determined girl who knows what she wants out of life. She has to constantly start over but she never lets that get her down. She is a strong female character and no matter what she goes through she always finds a way to make it work!

Emma had her life all planned out. She had a great job, the man of her dreams, and a wedding to plan! That all came to a halt when her fiancé Brett not only broke off their engagement but forced her to move out of their house and on top of that she was fire
Donnae
Aug 02, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit-paris
The beautiful part of being a librarian is that I walk by the shelves full of new books every morning! However I must admit that I picked up this book several times before finally checking it out. The blurb on the back did not appeal to me. Fortunately I did finally take it home and greatly enjoyed reading it.

Emma's wedding has just fallen apart, she has lost her job and now the only place she has to live is with a very judgemental sister. Fortunately, just as she is ready for a means to escape,
Barb
Aug 14, 2011 rated it it was ok
okay, up front, i realized that it couldn't have been fine literature by a) it's ridiculous title and b) it was in the bargain bin at B&N. But, did it have to have ever chick "lit" cliche in it? (WARNING -- MAJOR SPOILER ALERT)Girl is needy, girl gets dumped by fiance, girl gets fired for no fault of her own, family not supportive, friends are worthless. Girl goes to Paris. Girl meets handsome man but is afraid to show her feelings. Girl gets fired for no fault of her own (again), girl goes back ...more
Annalynn
Jun 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Now, this book I liked. I can't help but compare it to my most recent other read, 'From Notting Hill, with Love Actually' since both books involve a heroine leaving their home and fiance behind and moving somewhere to start anew, where of course they find a really great, handsome, local guy they at first clash with and then fall in love with. But in this book, our heroine's relationship with the loser fiance is broken and she moves to Paris with a clean slate - which is SUCH a better premise tha ...more
Geli
Apr 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, own-it, france
This book was amazing!!! Kristin Harmel is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. Her writing is just so exciting and real. Although I found myself guessing exactly what was to come it was still completely enjoyable for me to read. After reading this book I SO want to visit Paris!

And if you have already read 'How to Sleep with a Movie Star' then you'll really enjoy this book as well. She even briefly mentions a few of the characters from that novel in this one, which I found completely hil
Fatema
Feb 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was first introduced to this book by the last pages of another book. I first thought the title was "inappropriate" then I read the description and it wasn't so bad. So, I downloaded the free sample on my ibookstore -like i always do with almost every book- and i read the first chapter which was not so bad. It was interesting.
The book is totally a chic flick. I enjoyed reading it, since I do enjoy watching chick flick movies, most of the times.
I found Poppy's theories kinda ironic since she du
Kristigpaul
Apr 15, 2009 rated it did not like it
What a stinker--how does one say formulaic and pointless in French? I picked this up for 50 cents at the library book sale and am actually wondering if they'd give me a refund...I bought this because I am going to Paris in July so I thought it would be interesting and in that regard it gave some mildly helpful tdbits about life in Paris but otherwise it was a complete waste of time. I'd rather be watching ROCK OF LOVE (and I HATE reality TV)!!!
Apr 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Drivel! I'm at the beach and needed some drivel. This fully fit the bill. I read it in one day.
Joyce
May 13, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eunyoung
Apr 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paris-france
Entertaining enough. I got this book because I loved Kristin Harmel's "The Room on Rue Amelie" and because I am reading all books Paris related as I get ready to visit Paris. These two books are very different. "The Room on Rue Amelie" is a historical fiction novel set during World War II and thus has a more somber tone. "The Art of French Kissing" as can probably be guessed by the title, is a contemporary, "beach-y" book.

Emma lives in Orlando and works as a publicist for a boy band. She is dum
John Clark
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Can a job in Paris fix heartbreak in Orlando? Emma Sullivan might soon find out. Jilted and kicked out of the house they bought together (but the mortgage was in his name only), she's without family, save for an incredibly annoying and self-righteous sister when her best friend from years ago calls with a life saving offer. Come work with me in Paris for five weeks.
Who wouldn't jump at such a chance? However, the task facing her is riding herd on Guillaume, a sexy and very popular star about to
Maureen
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Emma finds herself in a new life entirely with a new job,new country along with an eccentric rock star to keep track of! Lots of “misunderstandings” for Emma to keep her on her toes with the up and coming French-American Rock Star in the making. Beautifully all set in the city of lights which the author keeps the scenes very vivid throughout!
Patti
Jun 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved this book! This is not the kind of book I read, but with summer approaching and having gone through a breakup recently it called to me. I am so glad I picked it up!!! It’s the perfect read to get lost in, its fun and light, and reminds us women that we can always come back out on top.....maybe even with a few “perfect French kisses” under our belt
Julia
Nov 23, 2016 rated it liked it

Book was really cute. I figured out the plot twist pretty early on, but regardless I enjoyed reading it. Definitely would recommend if you're looking for something light and ultimately happy.
Grace Ruman
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thought that this book was very good. The storyline was amazing to me. I've never read a book like this at all before so I enjoyed it. The only thing I didn't necessarily like was the way that Kristin Harmel wrote some things in the book. Overall, though, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Debie Orrell
This book was recommended and is the reason I do t read romance books. The redemption of this book is the detail of the French sights and the restaurant descriptions. I would like to go and just try the places listed and eat at the restaurants Emma did.
Tiffany
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was a nice read as it gave me a feel of Paris although at some parts of the story, I was annoyed by this character named Guillaume. His craziness doesn't make sense to me. Nevertheless, I liked the story
Amanda (Tholke) Hollenkamp
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
cheesy but a fun quick read.
kathi
Nov 25, 2017 rated it did not like it
Didn't read the book....couldn't get into it...
সায়কা শাহরিন
I liked it, but if she din't use repetitive phrases I could have given her a 4.5 rating, (i don't know how to do it however! :P )
Diana Graham
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
Good story, but all the sentences that didn't make sense and the incomplete short sentences were hard to deal with. "I was. Like. So mad at you." UGH.
Sheila
Nov 06, 2018 rated it liked it
A very light read but sometimes that’s just what you need, right? I enjoyed the tour of Paris!
Aprilj328
Jan 06, 2019 rated it liked it
YA cooking competition romance not too angsty characters talk to each other sweet
Vicky Mutuc
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very light and entertaining book about a young woman whose sudden engagement is cancelled and out of a whim, goes to Paris. A great adventure awaits her.
AMY
Jun 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Very fun read....but I think it took way too long to get to the main plot. I sort of fogured it out 1/2 through and got a bit frustrated waiting for the Emma to figure it out.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Kurt Seyt & Shura
  • Climats
  • Sonsuz Günbatımı
  • Breakfast at Darcy's
  • The Liberation of Brigid Dunne
  • Indian No More
  • Another Summer
  • Google Classroom: A Professional Teacher's Guide to Take your Classroom Digital in 2020. Everything you Need to Know about Google Classroom App + 50 Student Approach ideas. (School Management)
  • Bukre
  • The Summer Deal (Wildstone, #5)
  • The Violin Maker's Daughter
  • Not the Girl You Marry
  • Apologies that Never Came
  • Ashes of Her Love
  • Snow and Mistletoe
  • The Book of Candlelight (Secret, Book, & Scone Society, #3)
  • The Perfect Recipe for Love and Friendship (O'Bannon Sisters, #1)
  • Kadınların En Güzel Tarihi
Kristin Harmel is the #1 international bestselling and USA Today bestselling author of THE BOOK OF LOST NAMES, THE WINEMAKER'S WIFE, and a dozen other novels that have been translated into numerous languages and sold all over the world.

A former reporter for PEOPLE magazine, Kristin has been writing professionally since the age of 16, when she began her career as a sportswriter, covering Major Leag