Start by marking “Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 3” as Want to Read:
Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 3

Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 3

(Fullmetal Alchemist: Omnibus #3)

Reads R to L (Japanese Style). Containing volumes 7, 8 and 9 of Fullmetal Alchemist! Where did Alphonse Elric go during the few short minutes he was wiped from existence, body and soul? From a secret lair in the city of Dublith, a group of outcasts kidnaps Alphonse to find the alchemical secrets of his creation! It's up to Ed (and a certain housewife) to go into the Devil' ...more
Published October 4th 2011 by VIZ Media LLC (first published August 2nd 2011)

Andrew
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sheesh, lost this one for a while and finally it turned up! Considering it is a short compendium of three volumes, it was really good overall. Volumes 7 & 8 were somewhat tiresome and tended to pull the main plot threads all over the place. Volume 9 got us back on track with a focus on the brothers Elric, Winry etc. and got us back to the solid mixture of poignant moments and whimsy we’ve come to expect from this very unique series.
Debbie
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Volume 7 - The author really upped the ante on the stakes and intensity of the fight scenes in this volume. We also got some interesting world building by showing what creatures are possible through alchemy. Overall rating: 4 stars

Volume 8 - Wow, some really interesting and unexpected character backstory in this volume; it took me completely by surprise (though in retrospect the signs were there). Nice progression to the overarching plot, even though some of the characters introduced in this v/>Volume
Lauma
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, fantasy, manga
Meet Barry the Chopper!!

Falman: "What about May 3rd, year 9?"
Barry: "That was Reynolds. I hacked 'im up behind the liquor warehouse in district five."
Falman: "August 29th, year 10."
Barry: "Hendrick. Said my meat was no good. Now who's laughin', eh?"
Falman: "January 5th, year 8."
Barry: "Lenny and Cynthia. Only time I've killed two people in one night. Good workout."
Falman: "What about the Gadriel incident on March 3rd, year 11?"
Barry: "I kille
The Dyslexic Bookworm
If you haven't read this manga, please, reevaluate your life. IT'S SO GOOD!!!
Jenna
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I REALLY enjoyed this one. I really loved Barry and I can't wait to learn more about all the characters and see where it goes. Hoping to finish the series by the end of the year because I'm enjoying it so much! This might end up being the best Manga I've picked up this year.
Filipa
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
vol 7 made me laugh so much
vol 8 and 9 start getting into more serious issues, we finally start uncovering secrets and having plot twists and to no one's surprise, I'm absolutely loving every page
Jessie_Book
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Man the villains in this are so fun that I almost ALMOST root for them. And by villains I mean Greed. Everyone else can shove it where the sun don't shine.
Francisca Pinto
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
MARAVILLOSO COMO SIEMPRE :D
Taylor Ramirez
מונטסרת
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
oh the plot twists! probably my favourite one out of the series so far
Sophie Crane
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
This manga is absolutely fantastic, fantastic plot and story, beautifully illustrated, lots of great and strong characters. I liked the fact that the author portrayed the female characters as strong, independent and think for themselfs Like Winry and Riza.
Jasmine
May 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shit is going doooown.
Devastate Lasting
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Adam Spanos
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, viz
Hiromu Arakawa remains consistent in her writing, tempering drama and despair with humour and fluffy friendship/family moments. Upon adding new characters, personalities still manage to remain unique and strong.
Elias Alexander
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This manga is just amazing. I always get so emotional reading this last volumes.
Giovanna
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
lol I finished this reread some days ago but...Ghibli rewatch kinda threw me off any kind of reading schedule I had gotten back to
PipReads
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fullmetal Marathon of reading today. I can't believe I didn't borrow the last two volumes!!! What a cliffhanger. I cry.
4 Stars

The plot is getting so complicated that I can't stop reading this series!
Teddy
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The title of this book is Fullmetal Alchemist. This book was written by Hiromu Arakawa, it was also drawn by her. This book is a manga, which is a Japanese book that a reader reads backwards. It also has a certain art style. The main characters are Edward, and Alphonse Elric.

When Ed and Al were little kids, their mother died. When she died, they tried to revive her with the power of alchemy. Alchemy involves equivalent exchange, which means you must give something in return to create something
Bellatrix of Hoshido
Apr 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who is looking for a manga to read or is interested in fantasy or alchemy.
Recommended to Bellatrix by: Maxim
Absolutely loved this one just as much if not more than the previous installments. I know this manga and series is a good one because only the best entertainment can make you laugh, fight, and cry with the characters. This happened to me in the scene contained between pages 507 and 513. The apple pie scene. I was finishing this book at night in bed and almost wound up crying myself to sleep.
Ms. Arakawa never fails to impress with plot twists. I found the twist with Fuhrer President Bradley
Ladiibbug
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
# 7, 8 & 9 (3 in 1 edition) Fullmetal Alchemist series - Manga

Ed and Alphonse's adventures continue. More intrigue. Still appreciating the nice balance of male/female characters -- strong, smart, capable females.

Action, danger, more levels of the plot are revealed, additional villians to dodge. I like the cleverness (Col. Roy Mustang's phone calls to mysterious "girlfriends"). Scenes with Winry, Ed, learning the truth of Col. Hughes' "status", and their visit to the H
Andrew Kristensen
Sep 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
I have spent some time away from this series in general. Having watched both anime (FMA 2003 and Brotherhood) I figure I've done it all as far as the series was concerned. But going back and reading these volumes, helps you remember just how fantastic all the characters are. And just how great a story this is.
Side note: I <3 Barry the Chopper.
Maja Helena
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*The story of Fullmetal Alchemist, following the Elric brothers, is the perfect story. It has everything: The balance between dramatic moments and moments of comic relief is amazing, the characters are well rounded and has great growth and, finally, it deals with difficult subjects in a nuanced and respectful manner.

Also, the art style is amazing – especially in those comic relief moments! It’s just priceless! That in memoriam part at the end of each volume is just hilarious! *

God,
Just As Sane As I Am
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: physical-tbr
Fullmetal Alchemist has quickly become my favorite manga series (after Death Note), but I have to say that this was my least favorite volume in the series so far.. I still found it very enjoyable and I love these characters so much! I also thought it was very interesting to learn more about the villain group and their backstory and how they came to be. We only touched the surface of that in this volume and I cannot wait to find out more about them in future volumes. But that was also what was wr ...more
Connie
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics-i-ve-read
5/5 stars

Greed is my boyfriend and I love Ling Yao so so much. Every single time I pick up an FMA volume I know I'm going to cry at least once, especially if it has to do with a certain character whose death I refuse to spoil to those who haven't been destroyed by it yet. I adore Fullmetal Alchemist, and now I have even more of the Brotherhood anime I'm allowed to watch! Yay! Being able to read along with this and also be slightly behind in the anime means I always have FMA content e
Casey
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's Fullmetal Alchemist! That should be enough.

If perchance you've never read these before then you're in for a treat! Ed, Al, Winry, Col. Mustang, the Armstrongs....

This omnibus has an important revelation, so be sure you're caught up and jump in.

Verdict: Everyone who has a passing interest should read Fullmetal Alchemist. So get going and pick it up!
Estrella
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-books
I will make it official: I am obsessed with this series now. I have to get my hands on the next volume, because of course it ended with a cliffhanger...

What are you doing to me Hiromu Arakawa with your amazing talent and your hilarious extras at the end of each volume??
Carey
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm still enjoying this series quite a bit but now all of the plans within plans and traps within traps are beginning to tax my brain. If there's a purpose to that stuff - cool. But constant double and triple and quadruple fake outs get old fast.
Joshua
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Definitely the most confusing thus far, with abrupt scene changes, and seemingly random events occurring that have no lead-up. But I can already tell you from having started the next one that it's explaining things.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Bleach (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 3: Includes vols. 7, 8 & 9
  • Death Note: Black Edition, Vol. 5
  • Nijiiro Days 2 (Nijiiro Days #2)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 1 (Dragon Ball VIZBIG Edition, #1)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Legendary Edition, Vol. 1: Ocarina of Time Parts 1 & 2
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Imbalance, Part One (Imbalance, #1)
  • Vagabond, Vol. 5
  • 美少女戦士セーラームーン新装版 12 [Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon Shinsōban 12]
  • Magic Knight Rayearth I, Boxed Set (Magic Knight Rayearth, #1-3)
  • Kingdom Hearts II, Vol. 2
  • ソウルイーター 10
  • Bakuman, Band 3: Debüt und Ungeduld
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, Vol. 7 (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, #7)

Associated names :
荒川弘美 (real name)
ARAKAWA Hiromi

Name (in native language) : 荒川弘

Zodiac : Taurus

Blood type : A

Her self-portrait is usually that of a bespectacled cow, as she was born and raised on a dairy farm in Hokkaido with three older sisters and a younger brother. She worked as a farmer for 8 years before moving to Tokyo.

Arakawa thought about being a manga/>Blood/>Zodiac

Fullmetal Alchemist: Omnibus (9 books)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 1