Start by marking “Dødsenglen (Louise Rick, #6)” as Want to Read:
Dødsenglen (Louise Rick, #6)

Dødsenglen

(Louise Rick #6)

Dødsenglen - et flere hundrede år gammelt og meget kostbart glasikon - har været i den stenrige familie Sachs-Smiths eje i generationer, men altid som en velbevaret hemmelighed. Derfor kommer det som et chok, da det en dag pludselig er væk, og bedre bliver det ikke, da politiet kan meddele familien, at morens død nogle måneder tidligere ikke var selvmord, men nu ...more
Published December 2010 by People's Press (first published July 17th 2007)

Start your review of Dødsenglen (Louise Rick, #6)
Sheila
The Stolen Angel stands alone as a fascinating police procedural set in Cophagen. The story starts with stark horror, dressed as art, and the reader knows at once that darkness will cover the mystery. A girl is missing. She can only be returned in exchange for a valuable, secret glass panel. But the panel is missing. Lives, money and art hang in the balance. Greed, both sane and insane, rules the road and vacation spots. And Louise Rick needs to keep her own life on track while struggling to ...more
Ana
Mar 24, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was nothing special. I didn't like the whole storyline about some rich, spoiled, Danish aristocracy, so greedy that they would actually betray their whole family. Also, the whole mystery with that Death Angel was annoying and not particularly interesting. The only interesting part was with that missing Scandinavian girls from their vacations in Spain.

I absolutely love Jonas, he is such a sweet kid. He is so caring and gentle boy, he's always there for people who need comfort like
Joan
Jun 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Angel of Death, a stained-glass icon taken generations ago from the Hagia Sofia in Copenhagen, is the required ransom for the release of a young kidnapped girl. But the icon disappeared from the Sachs-Smith family home, leaving negotiator Detective Inspector Louise Ricks to match wits with a criminal mastermind who will stop at nothing to own the Angel.

Well-developed characters and an intriguing premise keep the pages turning although the side plot involving Louises family is less compelling
Karen Ng
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I discovered Sara Baedel a couple of years ago when only a handful of her books were translated into English, and fell madly in love. I started reading crime/ detective novels in elementary school : Holmes, Encyopedia Brown, Christie, and later read the whole series by Cornwell, Patterson, Kellerman, Ludlum, Connelly, Deaver and oh, too many to name, and I can tell you, as a female author, Blaedel is second to none. Her logic and plotting is blemishless. A true master. I'm hopelessly addicted.
Toni
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The Stolen Angel entails several mysteries with many different components.

Louise is a Police Dept. hostage negotiator. she has a foster son. The story lines include missing persons, murder, murder investigations, abductions, theft, job politics and foster care issues. I think the foster son was brought into the picture to humanize Louise's character but along with all of the plots and sub-plots it seemed unnecessary and really muddied the story.

Being a Danish to English translation, the names of
Apr 11, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good read when you focused on the developing relationships - between Louise and Jonas, Camilla and Frederick, Louise and Camilla. A lot of ground was covered, and theyre developing very realistically.

The Angel of Death just wasnt as interesting an artifact as I wanted it to be, and I didnt think the guilty party was that hard to spot. Tying the two stories together was the more entertaining part for me.

Worth checking out if you like mysteries.
Kristina
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall, I enjoyed this one about as much as the rest of Blaedel's books I've read, but at times it seemed like there were too many story-lines going on. Granted, Blaedel wrapped them together nicely, and toward the end I put off making dinner just so I could finish the book (I didn't want to put it down), but, for a bit, it did seem like she was trying to tell one too many stories within the pages of one book.
Bookreporter.com Mystery & Thriller
January brings us more Sara Blaedel. THE STOLEN ANGEL is the second installment in her Louise Rick series to be published at the beginning of 2018 (following THE RUNNING GIRL) and picks up about six months after the somber events of that worthy title. Kudos to Blaedels publisher and translator Martin Aitken for getting readers in the United States up to speed on Blaedels productivity and the events of Copenhagen Detective Inspector Louise Rick. Those who have been following Louise closely will ...more
Beth
Mar 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
A rich Danish family hides an ill gotten religious icon for many years. Two of them lose their lives over it. I found it very hard to relate emotionally to the characters in this book making it a difficult read for me. Plot was sufficiently complicated, but the lack of connection to the characters really left the book lacking for me.
Helen
Jun 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-thriller
Two stolen angels in this booka rare treasured icon and a little girl. Lots of intrigue and betrayals. The kidnaper of the little girl demands the icon as ransom, but its missing. Who has it and will it be found in time? Danish detective Louise a Rick is on the case.

Plot seemed less believable to me than her other works.
Lis
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-fiction
I enjoy this Louise Rick series. This book carries on directly from the previous one in the series (The Running Girl), with carried-over story lines.
This one focuses mostly on the perpetrators, with much less focus on Louise and her family/friends. Made for a very tense and different plot, though I wanted to find out more about what had been going on with Jonas (Louises foster son.)
Victoria
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A cast of messed up characters are interwoven into two Louise Rick investigations. First is a horrifying collector of dead women who dehydrates the bodies then rehydrates them in a silicone solution to create beautiful display specimens, second is an intricately woven caper involving a stolen icon called the Death Angel. Another great novel by Sara Blaedel.
Leslie
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Am quite enjoying these Louise Rick books but I have not been able to determine their chronological order because they were not translated into English in that order. The stories are strong enough to stand on their own individually however
Lisa
Feb 20, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sara Blaedel is a favorite author of mine. Well-developed plot although I could not get into some of the characters. It was a great listen for my work commute. I would recommend this to other fans of Sara Blaedel.
sandra digras
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great read. Sara Blaedel at her best.

Stolen Angel has all the twists and turns Blaedel is famous for.
Her character Louise Rick is a great blend of hard nosed detective and soft hearted foster parent.
Janellyn51
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've reading these books in the wrong order, but I'm done with Camilla now. I found the stolen angel story interesting, but I can't even put into words what a whiney, obnoxious piece of work Carl Emil is, and the sister.....anyway Louise is on top of things.
Patricia
Too much focus on the killer's inner dialogue. I wanted more of other's points of view and further development of characters we've come to know in these series.
Kristin (Always With a Book)
Full review to be posted on blog.
Sara
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one was SO good! Lots of great twists and turns. Excellent read!
James Spears
The ending was okay. I lost interest in the story because of the pacing seemed to have disappeared. This is a good thriller with an okay ending. I am not sure if I would recommend it to any way.
Brenda Freeman
Shelves: danish
not my favorite.
Mary Kay
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed it by the end, although the crimes were so horrible that if this had not been the month's read for my book club I would have not gone further than the first chapter.
Susanne Helmer
May 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
Line a b-movie and the story somewhat familar
Sue Moskovits
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had not read this author before but I immediately went and got other books.
Susan
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great twists and turns.. skillful side stories.
Jill Gross
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bit on the gruesome side but a good quick read
MaryBeth Herrboldt
Feel like Im missing something after reading. ...more
Susan W
Not as good as some others. It took awhile for all the different lines to merge, once they did the story picked up speed and interest.

• Pigen under træet
  • Vådeskud (Kørner/Werner, #4)
  • Blodmåne (Kørner/Werner, #2)
  • Vinterland (Martin Juncker-krim, #1)
  • I skydd av skuggorna (Irene Huss #10)
  • Faldende masker  (Roland Triel #6)
  • Skytsengel (Ravn, #6)
  • Skyggedanseren
  • Mørkeland
  • A Morte do Papa
  • Offer 2117 (Afdeling Q, #8)
  • Lupus (Niels Oxen, #4)
  • Pitbull (Kaldan og Schäfer, #3)
  • Ophav
  • Ligblomsten
  • En Lykkelig Slutning
  • The Dark Side of the Mind: True Stories from My Life as a Forensic Psychologist
  • Blackout (Dark Iceland #3)
Sara Blaedel is the author of the #1 international bestselling series featuring Detective Louise Rick. Her books are published in thirty-seven countries. In 2014 Sara was voted Denmarks most popular novelist for the fourth time. She is also a recipient of the Golden Laurel, Denmarks most prestigious literary award.

In 2016 she published the first book "The Undertakers Daughter" in a new trilogy

Louise Rick (9 books)
  • The Midnight Witness (Louise Rick #1)
  • Call Me Princess (Louise Rick #2)
  • Only One Life (Louise Rick #3)
  • Farewell to Freedom (Louise Rick #4)
  • Hævnens gudinde (Louise Rick, #5)
  • The Forgotten Girls (Louise Rick #7)
  • The Killing Forest (Louise Rick, #8)
  • The Lost Woman (Louise Rick #9)