Start by marking “Unbroken: A Memoir” as Want to Read:
Unbroken: A Memoir

Unbroken: A Memoir

3.58  ·  Rating details ·  90 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
One thing, a cupboard, was the only thing in Tracy Elliott's life that didn't get shattered. As a stripper, Elliot lived hard and suffered the consequences. In "Unbroken," she tells the deeply impacting story of how her life was put back together by the power and redemption of God.
Published January 6th 2011 by Thomas Nelson (first published April 10th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Unbroken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unbroken

Nicole (( lost in the book's world ))
I am really GLAD I did bought this book from my old library! I didn't know this book is TRUE STORY.

I think my GR friends and followers should READ THIS BOOK because it is so good and mix with many emotional. Plus it is good to know about God that we didn't know about him. I do believe in God. But I have learn more about God in this book...from this person, Tracy.

Also, this book is good for us to show us that we can change ourselves as if we fell into wrong path and much darkness, we couldn't get
Pearl
Aug 22, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
God loves us unconditionally regardless of our background is the message that I got from this book but the book wasn't well written. It could have been a great memoir but her style of writing didn't do it for me.
David Thomas
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a lovely emotional roller coaster that really inspired me to change my life in little ways. It also assisted me in becoming closer to God.
Kelie Killu
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous! Couldn't put it down. Finished it in 5 days and I am a very busy person!!! Heartfelt story for all!!!
Robin
May 10, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: didn-t-finish
This book was actually good. I didn't finish it because I have too many books I want to read, and decided not to spend time on a book that was good, but not outstanding. This book seemed like it wasn't going to say anything unusual or outstanding, even though I enjoyed reading the pages that I read.
Kim Cole
May 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such an inspiring book, an honest memoir of Tracy Elliott who refused to let an abused childhood, addiction, and bad choices win. This shows the true meaning of God's grace-no one is unforgivable. Very uplifting as she is unbroken like the china cabinet she remembered in childhood. A great read for every woman who has been wounded by life!
Stephanie
Sep 25, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2007
I am usually not one to read Non-Fiction, but I was given this book by my sister-in-law, so I read it. I was actually very impressed by it. Since Non-Fiction usually really bores me, I can't say I was blown away by it...but it was a book that I couldn't put down. I read it in 2 days. I thought the ending was kind of abrupt and just wasn't that impressed. But overall, it was a good book.
Jan Gutting
At first I thought it was poorly written, skipping around and unorganized. Then I realized that was the style used to mirror the author's life. It actually was very inspirational book and I would like to meet the author, Tracie.
John Rodriguez
Unbroken, is a must-read for every person who has been wounded by life. In this powerful, life-changing book, Tracy's story is proof that it is not what happens to you in life that matters most, but what happens in you.
Kim
Mar 05, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book is definitely an inspiring true story of resilience. The author had a childhood filled with cruelty and betrayal, yet read the bible on her own and knew it to be true...so held a sense of divine worth and was able to conquer the demons in her closet.
Alyson
Mar 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An amazing testimony of God's love. I couldn't put this book down and I finished in less than a day! It was painful to read about Tracy's life, especially as a young child, but the ending is beautiful and encouraging.
Sandra
Nov 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick read...Amazing survival/God works story.
L3nda
Jun 19, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love anything that shows real life people refusing to be victims!
Peg
Good book! Tells another story of how an unfair childhood and bad choices as a young adult does not mean failure for the future. God is faithful all the way and this story proves that.
Elizabeth
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thought provoking

An easy read that has a wonderful message. Especially good for anyone who is searching for themselves and spiritual peace
Lisa
Apr 29, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Chapters 1-4 were pretty good, but I really had a hard time getting thru the rest of the book.
Miandmiksmom
I read this by accident when I was supposed to read Hillebrands's "Unbroken" but it was a good read. If it didn't turn so preachy, I would have given it four stars!
Pam
Jan 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Horrific childhood; charismatic personality; beautiful; wife and mother of two boys and serving the Lord now; Mrs. Texas
Emily
Aug 12, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a book that had sit on my "haven't read" shelf for months. I love memoirs and autobiographies. This was entertaining, not as provocative as I was expecting.
Bridget
Oct 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Refreshing story about a victim who refuses to be a victim.
Halley Georgas
Jan 31, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was the crappiest book I have ever read. A story like this should be uplifting, this was depressing.
Shannon
Jun 09, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not a big "memoir" reader, but I had a hard time putting this book down. It just goes to show you that you can do anything with faith in Christ.
E.
rated it did not like it
Apr 22, 2016