Start by marking “Hell On High Seas” as Want to Read:
Hell On High Seas

Hell On High Seas

HELL ON HIGH SEAS chronicles some of the most remarkable stories of survival and daring the world's oceans have ever hosted. Amazing feats of courage: some verging on madness, others where death is eluded through sheer bravery, determination and innovation - or even devine intervention?
Published 2010 by HarperCollins Publishers Australia (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Hell On High Seas, please sign up.
Connor Ainsworth No, lots of Aussie based stories but not that, nothing before the 2d World War mentioned.

Antje
Feb 18, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: maritimes, read-2016
Der deutsche Titel ist wie so häufig unpassend, da die vorliegenden zehn Berichte nicht jeder vom Kapitän erzählt wird und auch nicht konnte, da er in einem Fall gar nicht überlebte. Außerdem spielten sich nicht alle Szenarien auf hoher See ab. - Als ich das Buch in den Händen hielt und anlas, stellte ich mir in erster Linie Sturmfahrten, Kentern und Überlebenskampf vor. Doch was die Geschichte von dem Australier Damien Langley darin zu suchen hat, ist mir schleierhaft. Zum einen störte mich ber ...more
Wil Van Der Geest
This book is cool, it has awesome stories, Rob writ it so you can imagine it perfectly.
Loz
Jul 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Book club. Again not my preference. Amazing tales of heroism and survival! Absolutely extraordinary what some people have to live through.
Xanthi
Nov 17, 2012 rated it it was ok
I didn't find myself enjoying (if that if the correct word to use in this instance - seems a bit odd to, considering the general topic) this book as much as I thought I would. I found the Sydney to Hobart race stories interesting. And although it was a unique story, I felt the one about the amphibian jeep just went on for far too long, for a book that was bout a collection of stories. I can understand how that adventure had a whole book written about it.
The story that both interested and infuria
Michael Boult
Feb 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Really good, like how it was in short stories, although some were not so good, like 'DAMO' DUNDEE.
Still very good.
Karen
Oct 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: gave-up
I didn't ever get into this book. I probably didn't give it a fair chance but there it is.
Graeme
Jan 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Some excellent accounts of survival for long periods at sea. The Aussie that sailed round the world in an amphibious jeep was probably the most extreme!
Lindsay Eaton
Apr 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Hell on High Seas. Eclectic collection of disaster at sea stories - brilliantly written - gripping and entertaining. I really enjoyed it. Mr Mundle is a great story-teller.
Paul Sinclair
Tim
Dec 21, 2013
ivan resnekov
Jan 27, 2018
Rob Mundle is the author of the highly acclaimed international bestseller Fatal Storm. He has written six other books, including the bestselling Sir James Hardy: An Adventurous Life, Alan Bond’s authorised biography,Bond, and Life at the Extreme, the official record of the 2005/2006 Volvo Ocean Race round the world. He lives in Main Beach, Queensland.