Start by marking “Lucy the Diamond Fairy (Rainbow Magic: Jewel Fairies, #7)” as Want to Read:
Lucy the Diamond Fairy (Rainbow Magic: Jewel Fairies, #7)

Lucy the Diamond Fairy (The Jewel Fairies #7)

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  990 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
Jack Frost has stolen all the jewels from Queen Titania's crown. Each stone controls a particular aspect of fairy magic. Without them, the fairies can't use their magic fairy dust or make pictures in ponds of water. Rachel and Kirsty have to help the fairies get the jewels back - before it's too late.
Published 2005 by Orchard Books

Maggie
Sep 15, 2008 rated it really liked it
It was really scary when Jack Frost came and he was guarding the diamond in the sky that was pretending to be one of the stars. It was fun when Lucy called Pegasus and the girls and Lucy got to ride on his back. And it was funny when Lucy got the diamond and Jack Frost screamed with rage. And it was kind of scary when one of the girl's wings got frozen by Jack Frost's spells and then they rode back to the fairy king and queen with the diamond on Pegasus' back. It was a GREAT book! I think that D ...more
Brett Cortesi
Mar 30, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a stunning conclusion to the jewel fairy series. The one thing that bothered me was that the fairy king told the girls the wings given to them by the fairy dust from their locket "wouldn't last long"...and then their wings lasted for the remainder of the book. A Disappointing inconsistency. But other than that I was glad to see Jack Frost finally get what was coming to him. You can't steal ALL the jewels from the fairy queen's crown and not expect some sort of retaliatory action. I was ...more
Kate Riolo
Jan 13, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Very boring.
Nina
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It was the greatst book ever because I Like diamonds and fairy book
Dolly
Feb 04, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Schoolgirls in grades 1-4
This is the first book we've read in the Rainbow Magic series, written by the group of authors who go by the pseudonym Daisy Meadows. After finishing it, we noticed that there were several mini-series: Jewel Fairies, Pet Keeper Fairies, Weather Fairies, Petal Fairies, etc. and that this was the last book of seven in the Jewel Fairies stories. I doubt very much that this is a series that we'll become engrossed with.

The story was just okay overall; the plot wasn't all that interesting and the cha
Cullen Howard
Summary: "Lucy the Diamond Fairy” is an entertaining fantasy novel that follows two young girls, Rachel and Kirsty, as they travel to Fairyland in order to help their fairy friends locate the magic diamond that has been stolen by Jack Frost. Using their last fairy dust (which makes them fairies themselves) the girls search far and wide for the diamond, eventually locating it in the stars. But as they try to fly toward the diamond Jack Frost casts spells and lightning at them, preventing them fro ...more
Amy Murray
Jan 25, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zoey-2012
My five year old daughter is completely hooked on all the Fairy Series books from Daisy Meadows. Each book is less than 70 pages and yet, with six chapters each, they feel 'grown up' to the preschool set. And while the story line is essentially the same in each book--Jack Frost and his goblins have stolen a set of jewels or pets or rainbow colors or weather systems, and it is up to Kirsty and Rachel and their fairy friends to hunt them down--they are easy to read and we can generally finish each ...more
Tim Roast
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I read this with my 8-year-old daughter who loves these rainbow fairy books. Anyone who has read any of them before will know why. They are designed perfectly for her age group and younger. Each story features best friends Kirsty and Rachel having to help out a fairy friend from Fairyland in their perpetual battle against Jack Frost and the goblins. This one is no different.

This story is about Lucy the Diamond Fairy (maybe the name was inspired by a Beatles song?). Jack Frost has stolen the diam
Cecelia
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lucy's jewel is a diamond and it controls flying power. Even though all of the other jewels are hidden in the human world, the diamond stayed in Fairy Land, but it was still hidden. It was hidden as one of the stars in the sky, but when evil Jack Frost comes while Kristy and Rachel are flying towards it (they still have flying power because they poured fairy dust on themselves so they could fly to Fairy Land and help) he uses his big gust of wind and blows them back to a tree. They try to fly bu ...more
Sarah Crawford
Jan 21, 2016 rated it really liked it

Lauren the Puppy Fairy

This is another in the Pet Fairies series of books. In this case, the missing pet is a puppy. Rachel and Kirsty a Spring Show (sort of a county-fair type of thing) and there is a pet shelter display. All but one of the puppies is quickly adopted.

Rachel and Kirsty meet Lauren, the Puppy Fairy, and they search for her missing pet, once again having to deal with the goblins (who are so inefficient and stupid that it's no wonder Jack Frost is always in a bad mood.)

Another cute
Priya Appleby
Jun 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: childhood-books
(My overall review for the rainbow magic series)

These books were so magical to me as a child. They really got me into reading and I was so addicted. They helped me learn the colours of the rainbow and entertained me for several years. The books aren't very good. I've tried reading them again because I was interested in what I saw in them. The books are very similar and repetitive but to child version of me, they were completely perfect!
Literary  Chanteuse
Nov 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: mg-fantasy
My daughter and her best friend are HUGE fans of this Rainbow Magic series. This particular story has some adventure and magic, and most importanltly a message of how when working together with a friend no matter how difficult the job can be accomplished. There are iilustrations that my daughter enjoyed along with the story as well. Any book that gets her this enthusiastic about reading gets my vote!
Reagan
Jan 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Rachel and Kristy have to help the jewel fairies because since the magical diamond is missing the fairies wings are gone. If Rachel and Kristy don't find the diamond quickly their wings will faint to. But soon they get help because Lucy rode up on her winged horse to help them. Just the three friends and the mighty Jack Frost fighting agenst each other to get the magic diamond. Who will win? The fairy friends of course.
Irene
Mar 16, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Girls in Pre-K through 2nd Grade
A satisfactory conclusion to the Jewel Fairies adventures.

This book doesn't quite follow the formula of previous books in the series. As soon as the book opens, the girls are transported to Fairyland, where the last jewel, a diamond, is hidden. This time, instead of dealing with Jack Frost's goblins, the girls must deal with Jack Frost himself!

We are also introduced to a new character, Pegasus, which helps to keep things interesting.
Crooked Whisker
I liked this book, it gave me the urge to read deeper in to the book, but it was quite short. I just want the book to be longer. It took me like maybe 3 minute to read it and that really disappointed me. Although it was a fantastic!!! I recommend it to kids who are just starting to read chapter books or if they need more confidence. I'm also sad that all of the rainbow magic series only have one villain.
Shannon
The family went to a Fairy Day Celebration at the Southwest Branch of the Durham County Library one Sunday afternoon. The event was really meant for children six and up, but because it seems as if everyone in the children sections of the various libraries knows us, the librarian let us attend. Sophie begged for me to check this book out, and I did so somewhat reluctantly. We did read it over two nights before bed, and both girls (even tomboy JJ) loved it. Chapter books, here we come!!!
Eva
Sep 13, 2013 rated it it was ok
Last book of the jewel fairies series. Each book followed the same story arc, which my 3 and 5 year old enjoyed. Me? Not so much.but it did stimulate creative play, the girls had fun searching the garden for lost gems and the 5 year old wants to be a fairy for Halloween. It was an engaging first chapter book for my girls.
Tara
Aug 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: katelyn
I liked it when the diamond fairies got the diamond from the gnomes. I also liked it when Rachel and Kirsty went to look for the diamond because they went up a really tall tree. I liked it when they worked as a team and they got the diamond back where it was suppose to be.
$hanel
Mar 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Lucy the diamond fairy is the last fairy that Rachel and Kirsty must help in the jewel fairies group. Without Lucy`s diamond all the magic in Fairy Land will be lost forever! Can Rachel and Kirsty help Lucy get her diamond back without Jack Frost`s evil stupid green goblins? ...more
Michelle
Apr 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
So... we didn't read the first 6 books. I started with this book and it was still good. Even my 2 year old sat still to listen to this chapter book. The pictures were cute, simple story and the characters were brave and kind.
Amanda
Feb 15, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is totally juvenile and I would rate it with two start BUT that my daughter, 8, loved it. Loved it enough to say, "Let me read the next chapter to YOU Mommy! PLEASE!" That scores points. Fairies. Gems. Flying. I mean, come on, don't you remember being eight?
Twotwo
Oct 01, 2015 added it
Shelves: library, ar-quiz
Ar 4.9
Ronna
Dec 14, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: easy-readers
This is a great "girls" adventure book.
Twyla
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Katie
Jul 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: in-a-series
Its a good book :)
Angela Barakat
I read this with my daughter.
Julia
Feb 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Amazing, riveting, on the seat of your pants - as my 5 year old was... Good kids read
Beth
Jan 25, 2008 added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Beth by: read with Claire
Shelves: fantasy, youth, series, faries
My daughter just loves these books - I am just curious to see what the author will do next, with the pet fairies!
Hailey
Feb 19, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like when she fownd the dimond it was so cool.
Meredith
Sep 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Very good series.
  • Rosetta's Daring Day (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #14)
  • Starlight Surprise (My Secret Unicorn, #4)
  • Silvermist and the Ladybug Curse (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #12)
  • Who Broke Lincoln's Thumb? (Capital Mysteries, #5)
  • Princess Posey and the Perfect Present (Princess Posey, #2)
  • Bella's Gift
  • Chewy And Chica (The Puppy Place Special Edition)
  • From the Mist
  • Ginger (Dog Diaries, #1)
  • Vidia and the Fairy Crown (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #2)
  • The Christmas Toy Factory (Geronimo Stilton. #27)
  • Yikes Bikes! (Ready, Freddy!, #7)
  • Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)
  • Beck Beyond the Sea (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #10)
  • A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #7)
Daisy Meadows is the pseudonym used for the four writers of the Rainbow Magic children's series: Narinder Dhami, Sue Bentley, Linda Chapman, and Sue Mongredien. Rainbow Magic features differing groups of fairies as main characters, including the Jewel fairies, Weather fairies, Pet fairies, Petal fairies, and Sporty fairies.

Narinder Dhami was born in Wolverhampton, England on November 15, 1958. Sh
More about Daisy Meadows...

The Jewel Fairies (7 books)
  • India The Moonstone Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #22; Jewel Fairies, #1)
  • Scarlett The Garnet Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #23; Jewel Fairies, #2)
  • Emily the Emerald Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #24; Jewel Fairies, #3)
  • Chloe The Topaz Fairy (Rainbow Magic: Jewel Fairies, #4)
  • Amy The Amethyst Fairy (Rainbow Magic: Jewel Fairies, #5)
  • Sophie the Sapphire Fairy (Rainbow Magic: Jewel Fairies, #6)