Start by marking “Mistress Fortune” as Want to Read:
Mistress Fortune

Mistress Fortune

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  852 Ratings  ·  52 Reviews
Kisaki hat nicht nur eine Traumfigur, sondern besitzt auch Superkräfte. Kein Wunder, dass Giniro ein Auge auf sie geworfen hat. Und auch Kisaki findet den supertalentierten Giniro sehr schnuckelig. Dumm nur, dass die beiden im Kampf gegen die außerterrestrischen Ebes alle Hände voll zu tun haben und ihnen als Kampfteam »Mistress Fortune« persönliche Kontakte strengstens ve ...more
Published July 22nd 2009 by Tokyopop (first published December 15th 2008)

Sarah Hayes
Jan 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-lns-misc
Originally posted here at Anime Radius.

I've always been a moderate fan of Arina Tanemura's works - Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne was a pleasant romp while Full Moon o Sagoshite had me in tears with every volume. However, I approached the glossily covered Mistress Fortune with no small amount of trepidation; I've never known shoujo manga-ka like Tanemura to do well in the arena of one-shot manga. They either end up too short or without any focus and become a big mess by volume's end. Luckily, this parti
Luke Reynolds
Actual rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

I've heard of Arina Tanemura's work before, but this was my very first thing I've read from her. It's only three chapters long (with two bonus short stories), so I didn't have to dedicate myself to a whole series (yay!). I thought this was a light, fluffy, and completely adorable romance complete with an interesting story.

Let me start off by saying that the art is absolutely gorgeous. There's something about the designs of each character that has the drawings pop
Steph
Apr 27, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Ms. Tanemura
Shelves: manga
Really adorable short manga. If you're a fan of Arina Tanemura, I suggest reading it.
Anna-Lisa
Jul 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I loved this one shot! The story is predictable but I simply love Arina Tanemura's drawings and her sugar cute stories! :)
Heather Love
A cute and fluffy read by the talented mangaka Arina Tanemura. Her artwork is simple gorgeous!
Ale Tosti
Un manga adorable y corto para los fans de Arina Tanemura
Arthur
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
this is totally unnecessary to read. i get that people have a story to tell but yeah
Sarah Fisher Robb
This feels like an interlude to a new series kinda sad that this story wasn't elaborated on more it would have made a geat series like this authors sakura hime or full moon soo much love between the characters and cant help to fall in love with it.
Kereesa
Jul 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Tanemura
Recommended to Kereesa by: Jay
There is a distinct style to [author:Arina Tanemura|311365's work that I think most fans, myself inclued, recognize. Tanemura writes pretty stereotypical shojo with a mix of romance and comedy. At first glance, anyway. But there is something about it, beyond the laughing-out-loud-on-the-floor-dying jokes, the gorgeous artstyle, and the often angsty romance storylines we see on the surface of Tanemura's works, that makes her one of my new favorite writers/mangakans recently.

And I think it has a
Caribou Reviews
Sep 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Light, fluffy, humorous. One part parody one part romance, one paet supernatural action comedy. This is a great, one volume manga with two bonus commedy stories. It doesn't exxagerate dsting like a typic shoujo but is full of pervert jokes like a stereotypical coming of age manga/anime.

This would make a nice OVA or movie and a series would be interedting however its more about plot and story.

The characters are interesting and complex though the author internationally only made a handful. Its ob
Nanna
Err,, saya bingung harus memulai ini dari mana... Hmm,, baiklah dimulai dari gambarnya. Gambarnya tetep detil as always. Yang bikin saya jatuh cinta sama Arina-sensei itu gambar -terutama rambut dan bajunya- dan pewarnaannya yang selalu memanjakan mataku. Intinya saya ngambil komik ini karena ngefans sama pewarnaannya dan sedikit gambarnya //janganditiru

Next.... soal cerita.. mengecewakan. Ceritanya gampang ketebak, plotnya juga biasa-biasa aja. Ga ada perkembangan yang greget. Ceritanya lumayan
Heffa
Nov 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 12+
Shelves: manga
Arina selbst hat in dem Manga schon zu Beginn verlauten lassen, dass es eher ein "Lückefüller" zwischen zwei Reihen sei. Was schade ist, weil die Geschichte sicherlich auch Potential gehabt hätte, auf ein paar mehr Bände ausgebaut zu werden. Nichtsdestotrotz kommt auch hier wieder der tolle Zeichenstil und die durchdachte bzw. komplexe Geschichte zum tragen, die die Manga von Arina irgendwie zu etwas Besonderem machen.

Die Geschichte ging ziemlich schnell voran. Es gab glaube fünf Kapitel, davon
Chibineko
Jun 30, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, cute
Tanemura is one of my guilty pleasure mangaka. Her work is almost always light & fluffy, almost like the book for of marshmallow fluff. Just like marshmallow fluff, it's best had in moderation & that's ultimately the best way I can think to describe this volume.

This is a one volume story & it's a good thing that it is. While the artwork is ultra adorable, the storyline is a little overly done as far as Tanemura's work goes. The characters are pretty much her stereotypical designs. T
Samantha
Jun 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oberhuu
Dec 01, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Mies, mieser, am mieseten. Arina, ist das dein Ernst? Ich erinnere mich sehr gut an ihre Vorgängerwerke und -serien, die ich so sehr gemocht habe. Von KKJ, Time Stranger Kyoko und Fullmoon habe ich alle Serien komplett hier in meinem Schrank stehen. Die waren einfach großartig und ich habe sie mit Begeisterung gelesen, doch was sie hier abgeliefert hat, kann man nicht mal als Zeitvertreib vermitteln. Die Geschichte der beiden geheimen Superhelden ist ziemlich anspruchslos und auch langweilig. Wo ...more
Denise
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2016
Fantasy, Romance | Oneshot | 192 Seiten | 6,50€
Kosaki hat Superkräfte und arbeitet fürs PSI. Typisch für Arina Tanemuras Werke dreht es sich eigentlich um eine schöne Liebesgeschichte. In 3 Kapiteln lernt der Leser schnell die Welt von Kisaki und Giniro kennen. Auf viele Charaktere wird hier verzichtet. Der Zeichenstil lässt keine Wünsche offen. Wunderschöne große Augen und viel Liebe fürs Detail sind das Markenzeichen der Mangaka. Ähnlich wie bei CLAMP sehen sich die Figuren in allen Werken imm
Lily
Jul 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mistress Fortune (or MisuFo) is as cute as every Arina Tanemura's manga. The eyes get bigger and every female and male lead looks the same. Even though I've grown out of these love stories where the main character is in middle school, falls in love or has a crush and in the end they end up together, I still enjoy reading these as I fell in love with Tanemura's style when I was in middle school and since then I've dropped many series from my "to buy" list but whenever there's a new manga from Tan ...more
Sarah Savala
Nov 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I bought this particular title along with "I.O.N." a couple of months ago, but only just now got around to reading it. I'm a somewhat big fan of Arina Tanemura, and I needed to read more of her stuff beyond "Full Moon wo Sagashite" and "Shinshi Doumei Cross."

This one is a one-shot comedic and romantic fantasy. Kisaki and Giniro are great characters, as is the alien EBE-ko. I enjoyed reading their interactions, and I laughed out loud a lot reading this. I liked this one-shot more than "I.O.N."

Onc
Jenny Clark
4.5.
Tanamura is one of two manga-ka's that I have collected all mangas for, the other being Matsuri Hino. I orgionaly read this between the ending of Genyleman's Alliance and Sakura Hime. The art is beautiful and the story is light and sweet. The only real issue I have is that Kisaki, Haine, Sakura all look very simular, as do Takuto, Giniro and Tankanari.
I also wish this one had been a little longer, to allow for more development of the backstory, characters and relationships.
If you liked the
Maia
I wish that Arina Tanemura would make this a series already! I've only read it twice, but I've fallen in love with the characters! Let's see, there's the two main-main people, Kisaki Tachikawa, code-name Fortune Tiara and Giniro Hashibo, code-name Fortune Quartz; and the main-side people, the captain who's name is Dr. Gunjo. I don't know if he has a code-name or not, 'cause the author just refers to him as "Dr. Gunjo." Oh yeah, and there's Giniro's Mom. I'm sorry, I don't know her name . . . I t ...more
Emily
Sep 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
"Fourteen-year-old Kisaki Tachikawa has psychic powers. She works for PSI, a secret government agency that fights aliens. She's in love with her partner Giniro, but PSI won't allow operatives to get involved. Just when Kisaki thinks she may be getting closer to Giniro, she finds out she's going to be transferred to California!"

When reading the back i thought 'what a silly book.' but once i read it I fell in love with it! Its amazing. I would say its a very fun book!
Starbubbles
I think I have bad luck with first books of the year. This really wasn't good. At least the art was fine, but it still. The story was meh, and at times a little difficult for me to follow. That didn't exactly make me feel all that great since it should have been a fairly straightforward story. That floating rabbit was my favorite part in all of this. Ebe-ko. Yes, that sounds right. Anyway, the story was a solid "okay." Let's just leave it at that.
Mizumi
Aug 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
Nice, quick read, lovely done as always by Arina Tanemura. I almost forgot how incredibly detailed her work is.
Even though it was a very short story (only three chapters, with two bonus chapters included hardly focusing on our main characters), it felt pretty complete despite its rather open ending. Yep, I really did enjoy this. Can I have an alien like Ibuko, by the way? (Or whatever they translated her to in English)
Miss Ryoko
A cute little one shot! It is refreshing to read a one volume series!

Though it was a bit unrealistic, and dangerous, that Kisaki has DD breasts and only weighs 89 pounds! When I was 14, I'm pretty sure I weighed more than that, and my boobs weren't nearly that big... unless she is like 4'8 but she looks to be about average height, around 5'4 or so... yikes.
Stacey
Nov 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was the best by far of all of Arina Tanemura's books. But Sakura Hime Kaden is better still.(laughs). Tachikawa Kisaki is a 14-year-old girl who's a drop-out ESPer. Her object of adoration is Hashiba Giniro, a superb ESPer who could use ESP at the age of five. Watch them as they become "Fortune Tiara" and "Fortune Quartz" and carry out their duties as a combination.
Jenalee
Sep 20, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: shoujo romance lovers
Shelves: manga
I picked this up at the library because the cover was cute. I didn't realize until I got home that I'd already was quiet familiar with the mangaka's work. It's an adorable middle school romance and only one book. It's all very predictable so definitely in the brain candy category. The artwork is lovely though. I quiet like Tanemura's style.
Maike
Apr 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, read-manga
Arina Tanemura is one of my favourite mangaka, so I was definitely looking forward to reading this manga. The art is beautiful as usual and the story is light, happy and funny. the characters are really cute and the different short stories in this manga are very fun to read. Overall, I loved reading this.
Melissa
Aug 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
Today was bunny laundry day at the laundry mat and i brought this manga with me to read. I had picked this one up at Borders "Going out of Business" sale. : ( I loved Arina's past manga's and this one disappoint. My only complaint is that i wished it was a longer series. Arina did mention in the foot notes though that she may make a sequel. Here's hoping.
Ivy Au
Dec 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Incredibly cute and cheesy.

I used to love reading this as a kid. But now, being much older, I see the slight perviness I used to enjoy reading kind of weird. The storyline is very simple and childish, but its a cute love story.
May 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 漫画
I've read almost all of Tanemura's works, excepting Gentlemen's Alliance, and I like them all. This one-shot is cute and works with the idea of psychic powers, a la I.O.N. Also has some bonus shorts!
  • Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch, Vol. 6 (Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch, #6)
  • Pink♥♥Innocent, Vol. 1 (Pink Innocent, #1)
  • Codename: Sailor V, Vol. #2 (Codename: Sailor V Renewal Edition, #2)
  • Sugar Sugar Rune, Volume 1 (Sugar Sugar Rune, #1)
  • Rasetsu, Vol. 5
  • Saint Dragon Girl, Vol. 01
  • Pretear, Vol. 1 (Pretear, #1)
  • Rockin' Heaven, Vol. 01
  • Grand Guignol Orchestra, Vol. 1
Name in Japanese: 種村有菜 (Tanemura Arina)
Western Zodiac: Pisces

Arina Tanemura was born on March 12, 1978. She's the author of Full Moon O Sagashite, Time Stranger Kyoko, Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross, Sakura Hime Kaden, and more.

Her favorite hobby is Karaoke. One song that she sings is Smile, originally by Myco. She has two cats, named Riku and Kai. She has one elder and one
More about Arina Tanemura...