Start by marking “Seduction of a Highland Lass (McCabe Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Seduction of a Highland Lass (McCabe Trilogy, #2)

Seduction of a Highland Lass

(McCabe Trilogy #2)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  21,298 ratings  ·  1,335 reviews
Maya Banks, the New York Times bestselling author of romance and romantic suspense has captivated readers with her steamy Scottish historical novels, perfect for fans of Julie Garwood. In Seduction of a Highland Lass, an indomitable Highland warrior is caught between loyalty and forbidden love.

Fiercely loyal to his elder brother, Alaric McCabe leads his clan in the
Mass Market Paperback, 323 pages
Published September 27th 2011 by Ballantine Books

·  21,298 ratings  ·  1,335 reviews

Start your review of Seduction of a Highland Lass (McCabe Trilogy, #2)
Anne

Um.
It seemed a bit too much like a cheesy Lifetime Movie for it to be any fun. The dialogue was just too overblown & dramatic to seem real to me.
He called her Angel, & she called him Warrior...

description

Plus, they were both sooo horny when they were sick and/or injured.
Reeeeeeally? Tell me more about your magical sex drive.

description

Because, see, I don't know if you have ever been violently ill with a high fever, but I have. And, believe you me, there was absolutely no room for thoughts about the sexy-t
Jilly
Feb 25, 2017 rated it liked it
You know the old saying "Cheaters never prosper"?
How come in romance novels that never seems to be true? And, why is it okay to cheat on the person you are betrothed to as long as you stop on your wedding day?

You say Crazy Bitch, I say Sensible Reaction.

So, Alaric is betrothed to the daughter of another Laird and is on his way to meet up with her when he is ambushed and almost killed. Keeley finds him and nurses him back to health. He's hot-stuff, and unconscious, so she gets a little closer tha
Carmen
His cock slid over her entrance and then stabbed deep.

Stabbed? STABBED?! Okay, listen... When I am reading a romance book I expect some things. For instance, I expect the sex between the hero and heroine to be romantic. Loving. Like two human beings who care about each other trying to make each other feel good. I really don't feel like this is too much to ask.

The sex in here is just horrible. It's atrocious. I was disgusted and revolted and recoiling - which is NOT what I want from romance book
Kristen
4 Fabulous Stars!!!

Another fantastic and captivating read by the very talented Maya Banks. I LOVE her historical romances!
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted onUnder the Covers

In the simplest words possible....I loved this book!

Seduction of a Highland Lass is the second book of the McCabe trilogy by Maya Banks and while I loved and gave 5 stars to In Bed with a Highlander, this book tops it with its passionately fierce love story.

This is Alaric McCabe’s story. Having not read the blurb for this one before opening it up and reading it, I still thought Alaric’s heroine would be Rionna, McDonald’s warrior daughter as was mentioned in the first b
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***Review will follow***
Gina
Dec 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: highlander, favorites
OMG OMG OMG!!! This book had me crying! I loved these two equally (that rarely happens to me), I loved Keeley so much, she loved Alaric, and more then once puts his needs and the needs of the clan before her own. All she wanted was to belong somewhere, and once she did, she was loyal to her clan.

And Alaric, never expecting to meet someone who captures his heart the way Keeley does before he is to marry someone else. but of course he knows he cannot break off the betrothal. They cannot deny thei
Wendy
Wowee! I absolute ADORED this book, more so than the first installment. It's so romantic and it definitely tugged at the heart strings and made me grab the tissues on occasion. Alaric and Keeley are just so good together. This book definitely put a big smile on my face. Oh how I love the McCabe warriors *sigh* Now the agonizing wait for Caelen's story.

Maya Banks you've done a wonderful job in creating these beautiful characters, that I've grown to love, for that I thank you.
Jen
Did I love this book? Lordy, yes I did!!! Is it deserving of the 5 star rating? You betcha! Did I read this book just to get to the awesomeness that is Rionna McDonald's story? Ummmm...well...YES! And I'm not even a little bit sorry, and I was in no way disappointed. Keely and Alaric's story was 5 star worthy all on it's own!

Anna
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just can't get enough!!!! Highlanders ❤️❤️❤️❤️
Wow !!!!! I absolutely loved this one !!!!

When Funmi Met Romance
Seduction of a Highland Lass: 5 Star book that everyone should read, amazing

Unfortunately, I have a problem. I am no where near good enough to be writing a review for such a perfect book. I mean, seriously, I am unworthy. Here are some facts

1. I've only actually reread about a dozen or so novels. I don't generally reread
2. I don't do series, and not back to back. There are some exceptions like Kresley Cole. And while i do read books in series, I usually never complete series.
Whelp, this book
Syndi
Apr 25, 2020 rated it liked it
During this pandemic, it is good to have a cheesy, lazy, hot sex kind of romance. The book that I can just read without thinking or guessing too much. Just go with the flow. And that's ia what I get from Miss Banks.

Seduction of Highland Lass is a beach read romance. A lazy day romance. And interlude after a heavy reading. Since I can not go to the beach, I listen to this audiobook while lounging on my sofa.

I enlist the next book, because I know down the line, I need another story like this.

CC
Mindy Lou's Book Review
The only reason this book is not 5 stars is I just couldn’t get over how they had an easy solution to Aleric getting out if his marriage to better the alliance. However, I loved everything else about their story. It was filled with really good angst. The narrator was fantastic and I recommend the audiobook!
Curlyhairlass19
Apr 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5+ stars for Alaric McCabe!

“Shh, lass, ’tis just beginning. Be at ease. Let me love you.”

I knew in book one that this one was going to be my fave! Alaric was everything, and did ALL the things that ring my bells if you get my meaning. This story had everything.

A wounded highlander healed, and brought back “by an Angel.” Insert Keeley McDonald. She nursed him to health, and he fell hard for her. Only problem was he was betrothed to another to help save his clan. The heart wants what it wants tho
♡Karlyn P♡
This series just gets better! I love an ‘ injured hero being saved by a heroine’ plot, and this one delivered. But what I really love are romances where the hero and heroine must overcome impossible odds, and that is what made this one such a winner for me. Of course you know these two will get their HEA, but how they will make it work was a huge question! Alaric McCabe is betrothed to the daughter of a neighboring laird, and this vital alliance must be made. The King himself demands the allianc ...more
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
Dec 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fav-hr
Now this is what you call an epic love story!!

MaCabe trilogy was my very first Adult/Historical Romance. Didn't care much about the first book, it had a week heroine, a doucheface hero, and a very frustrating "love story". The only character i cared about was Alaric McCabe! He is sweet, he is funny and he is not an "alpha male" (whatever does that mean). I didn't know each brother gets his own book, i still decided to pick this up just for him. Imagine my surprise when i realized the whole damn
Kathleen
Oct 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Story Rating 4 stars
Character Rating 5 stars
Romance Rating 5 stars
Heat Level 4 stars
Overall Rating 4.5 stars

This was a very good read for me and I am crazy with want of the next book, LOL. I certainly hope that Maya Banks continues writing historical's because she writes them just the way I love them most.

The Characters in this book all deserve 5 stars. The heroine Keeley was so selfless and honorable. You could not help but love her. The Hero Alaric was also honorable and you really could feel
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4.75 Stars***

"Isn't any time better than none at all? Isn't a taste of sweet better than a lifetime of bitter regret?"

Alaric and Keeley stole my heart, made it ache, broke it and then beautifully put it back together again. This series just keeps getting better!

Review to come, because first, I must with haste read Caelen's story!
Somia
Keeley is a healer who lives alone in a small cottage, after being unjustly banished by the McDonald clan. When she comes across a severely injured Alaric and aids him, she finds herself kidnapped my Alaric’s brothers, who demand she continue to help Alaric, and aid Ewan’s wife when her time to give birth comes. I liked the fact that Keeley didn’t take any nonsense from Alaric’s brothers. She’s strong, independent and has a good heart.

The connection Alaric and Keeley have is an instantaneous on
Buggy
Nov 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Opening Line: “Alaric McCabe looked out over the expanse of McCabe land and grappled with the indecision plaguing him.”

Whoa, hello sexy Highland Warriors. I guess I should have listened to all the rave reviews; I’m sorry now I waited so long to discover this series.

This is the second book from the McCabe brothers trilogy and what an epic love story it turned out to be. I’ll be honest, it took me a bit to get into the story but Alaric and Keeley grew on me as did Banks’ particular take on histor
KatieV
I liked this, but 'tis the truth, I didn't love it. I wish I had a count of how many times that phrase was used, 'tis the truth.

I was tempted to give this 3.5 stars for the angst at the end with the h's injury and the impending marriage of the H, but overall it really was a 3, hence the rating. Nothing wrong with a 3. It's not that I wouldn't recommend it. It just lacked something to take it from like to love.

It was less campy than the first book, but I still wouldn't hold it up as an authentic
Mei
May 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical
I must say that I don't get the titles of these books... The titles seem cheesy; this one particularly. One could think that there was very much seduction involved, but instead I felt much more love, angst and romance!

Alaric... *sigh*... soo seemingly stern and cold, but inside... ahhhh!!!

That man has a way with aord that made me melt! His love words were so delicious and romantic that I was sighing constantly! He was hot and possessive too! I loved him!!!

Keeley was a dear too! She's sweet, but
Rowena
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh man, this book was so good. Full of angst and so much goodness. I started this book off wanting to punch all of the MacCabe men in the junk but they more than made up for their earlier behavior over the course of this book. So much so, that by the end, I loved them all. Keely is probably one of my favorite heroines EVER and Alaric was a fabulous hero. I cried a lot because so much happens. My body is ready for Caelen and Rionna's book.
Michelle
Aug 17, 2012 rated it it was ok
After so many rave reviews I really expected a lot more from the book, unfortunately it fell flat... VERY flat. I will say, I did not read the first book in the trilogy and just started with the second book. I don't know if I would have enjoyed the book more feeling as though I knew the other characters better... but I'm going to venture and say I would not. I guess for me the biggest problem was the whole love at first sight connection they had. I mean, he was injured and going in and out of co ...more
Mariana
***SPOILERS***
I almost did not finish at 70%. Only because I have a policy to not stop so far through did I force myself to finish this book.

I know I am in the vast minority here, but I just did not buy it! As best I can tell, Alaric McCabe did not love Keeley McDonald nor did she love him. They lusted for each other. He has no problem taking any woman he wants to bed. She decided that since she has already been labeled a whore, she might as well live up to the name. They both figure it is perfe
willaful
OMG, that cover. Inauthentic Kilt Lad meets Inauthentic Nightgown Lass.

Keeley MaDonald was unfairly cast out from her clan; now she lives on the outskirts, surviving through gifts from those she helps as a healer. When wounded warrior Alaric MacCabe collapses outside her cottage, she takes him in and nurses him, finding herself beguiled when the feverish Alaric holds her close and calls her his angel. But Alaric is forced to make a clan alliance, so a relationship between them can never be.

Anoth
Muse-ic ♬
3.5

I really don't have time to write a complete review, but I can say that it was decent.
I mean, it was really insta-lovey...
like really insta-lovely.

Alaric was unconscious for a long time and they were already making out while Keeley was healing him! wut!

I really liked their relationship though! I love that Alaric doesn't represent the typically manly man.
He is unashamed to show emotions and cry and stuff. I love that. He doesn't feel the need to be "manly" and "macho" by being too cool to disp
Victoria
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars
Gretchen  (About That Story)
This was so amazing. I was so caught up in everything between Alaric and Keeley. I was on the edge of my seat with all the tension, longing, and passion happening and I was pretty much dying for my HEA. So freaking fantastic!

I loved Alaric and Keeley, these two had major chemistry. I loved how challenging they were to one another. Keeley is seriously feisty. I loved how caring and wonderful they were and how their feelings were growing in the midst of this impossible situation since Alaric is su
Can’t remember the title, HELP!!! 1 2 May 10, 2020 12:06PM
The World of Maya...: 2. Seduction of a Highland Lass 10 28 Jun 06, 2013 05:02PM

• The Wedding (Lairds' Fiancées, #2)
  • Devil of the Highlands (Devil of the Highlands, #1)
  • The Chief (Highland Guard, #1)
  • The Highlander Takes a Bride (Highland Brides, #3)
  • The Secret (Highlands' Lairds, #1)
  • The Hawk (Highland Guard, #2)
  • To Marry a Scottish Laird (Highland Brides, #2)
  • Falling for the Highlander (Highland Brides, #4)
  • Laird of the Mist (MacGregors, #1)
  • An English Bride In Scotland (Highland Brides, #1)
  • The Ranger (Highland Guard, #3)
  • The Bride (Lairds' Fiancées, #1)
  • Taming the Highland Bride (Devil of the Highlands, #2)
  • Captured by the Highlander (Highlander, #1)
  • Highlander Untamed (MacLeods of Skye Trilogy, #1)
  • Ransom (Highlands' Lairds, #2)
  • Hunting for a Highlander (Highland Brides, #8)
  • The Hellion and the Highlander (Devil of the Highlands, #3)
Maya Banks is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today and international bestselling author of over 50 novels. A wife and mother of three, she lives in Texas.

McCabe Trilogy (3 books)
  • In Bed with a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy, #1)
  • Never Love a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy, #3)