Start by marking “Thomas and the Jet Engine (Thomas & Friends)” as Want to Read:
Thomas and the Jet Engine (Thomas & Friends)

Thomas and the Jet Engine (Thomas & Friends)

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  187 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Gordon loves to remind everyone that he is the fast and important train. But one day, Thomas is given a very special job: he is taking a jet engine to the airport. When the engine is switched on by accident, suddenly Thomas is the very fast and very important train!

Beginning readers will enjoy the simple text full of action words (zip!) and action sounds (zoom!).
Published December 8th 2010 by Golden Books (first published January 13th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Thomas and the Jet Engine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thomas and the Jet Engine

Alicia Scully
Thomas doesn't get along with another engine because they have a rivalry about who's the fastest engine. Thomas is transporting a jet engine one day and he shows everyone how fast he can really go.

The book was cute I suppose, and it will add some vocabulary and some discussions about jets and why they're transporting pieces, but the overall point of the book really didn't make sense to me. There was a rivalry that Thomas only won by essentially cheating and then we made fun of the other engine
Rosanna
May 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books
My son really likes this book. We've probably read it 15 times. What I love about it: there are plenty of animals and other familiar things for him to point out as we're reading. He's 2 and not very verbal, so to hear him point and say "sheep", "bird", and "plane" just makes my day. I see a lot more Thomas books in his future!
Theresa
learning to control impulses
Tiffany
Jan 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ben's first ebook that he read all by himself.
Molly
Mar 24, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-book, reader
Ok I was not expecting much but it did have all of the Thomas charaters we know and it gave me a better idea of Step Into Readings level one. They have short sentences but a very big print. Ages 3+
Markus
Apr 23, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not a Thomas fan. The characters are all so similar that it feels like there's only three or four. I like trains as much as the next guy, but can't get into this series at all.
Prashansa
May 26, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-corner
Good!
Julie
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 500-by-five
S likes this one and how Gordon is full of hot air.
May
One of my nephew's favorite books but then again, he likes anything that has to do with Thomas!
Sally Tice
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny easy

this book was funny, easy to read, my son said it is good for kids that don't know how to read
Modboy
Simple words for beginning readers. However, the plot is overly simple too: The jet engine Thomas is carrying is turned on. Whoosh! Thomas disses Gordon.
Misha
May 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Luc loved reading this book and did very well. He gave it 5 stars.
Brittney
This book is a great beginner book. Age Preschool - Kindergaten
Micah
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gordon thought he was faster than Thomas but Thomas didn't think Gordon was going to beat him. Thomas had to pick up a jet engine to put it to the airport. Sir Tophamhat said a jet engine is like the balloon that zooms when it is let go. Thomas made the jet engine go like, "Whoosh." I liked the guy that called out about the runaway train.

[reviewed by a 6 year old, typed by his mama]
Rosa Cline
Sep 21, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
This is a level 1 reader had many repeatative words and descriptive (zoom, click, clack) words within the story. One to two sentences per page. Thomas and his friends as always does a good job at keeping the attention of the reader.
DrosoPHila
Disappointed that the phrase "suck squeeze bang blow" was not used to describe the machinations of the jet engine.
Tricia
Typical Thomas the Train early reader--this one has cool sound effects like "zoom" and "click" and "whoosh" and "peep". Exciting, for sure.
Judy
May 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books, children
5 stars because Mikey liked it. My grandson highly approves any books about trains and especially those books in which the words Zoom! Vroom! and Whoosh! appear.
Joel
Aug 15, 2015
Kellie
Dec 31, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Thomas and Percy and the Dragon (Thomas & Friends: Step into Reading)
  • Old, New, Red, Blue! (Step into Reading) (Cars movie tie in)
  • Hot Dog
  • Driving Buddies
  • I Like Bugs
  • Look for the Lorax
  • What Is a Princess? (Disney Princess)
  • Biscuit Wins a Prize
  • Fire in the Forest (LEGO City)
  • Splat the Cat: Good Night, Sleep Tight
  • Tron: Legacy
  • We Were Tired of Living in a House
  • Smash Trash! (Disney/Pixar: WALL-E: Step into Reading Step 1)
  • Ben Franklin and the Magic Squares
  • Curious George Plants a Seed (CGTV Reader)
  • Fancy Nancy: Too Many Tutus (I Can Read, Level1)
  • Little Critter: This Is My Town