Start by marking “Over Her Dead Body (Bailey Weggins Mystery #4)” as Want to Read:
Over Her Dead Body (Bailey Weggins Mystery #4)

Over Her Dead Body

(Bailey Weggins Mystery #4)

New York Times bestselling author and Cosmopolitan editor-in-chief Kate White knows firsthand that the magazine business is murder. Now she’s brought back her smart and gutsy crime writer Bailey Weggins, for a case set against the glossy pages of a celebrity rag, where somebody is about to give Bailey’s new boss a lethal deadline.

Talk about rapid turnover—in a matter of da
Published April 1st 2007 by Grand Central Publishing (first published January 1st 2005)

Start your review of Over Her Dead Body (Bailey Weggins Mystery #4)
Mackenzie - PhDiva Books
I always love a Bailey Weggins mystery--they are fun and sassy and light as far as murder mysteries go!

Baily Weggins is a true crime writer for Gloss magazine who has a knack for stumbling across dead bodies, and puts her best modern Nancy Drew to the test when helping to solve them! In Over Her Dead Body, we see Bailey forced to consider a new career path when her friend and editor Cat informs her that she is taking Gloss in a new direction, one that includes less true crime and more feng shui.
L.E. Fidler
around page 275 of this "novel" (and i use that term generously, out of love), i had an epiphany. these books are terrible. i mean, like really, really bad. the writing at times is stilted, the plots convoluted, the characters whorish and cardboardy. and you know what? i love them. i do. i love them for their trashiness, for their refusal to be anything other than what they are, for being my newest smut-lit crush.

yes, i just coined that genre.

bailey is back, this time with a new job!!! she work
Shelley Lawrence
Over Her Dead Body is the fourth book in the Bailey Weggins series.
Bailey is a crime reporter who has just transitioned from the high profile magazine, Gloss, to the semi-rag mag, Buzz. It’s a tough environment, but she’s making a few allies, and just as she’s settling in, a murder occurs and she’s right in the thick of things.
Given her position, Bailey is tasked with writing about the murder, but as any good crime reporter knows, she must do a little sleuthing of her own.

I always enjo
Magpie67
Need a good sleuthing mystery that will keep you on your toes until the very end? This is the series to do just that with a little spice and multiple dead bodies all in the name of revenge, jealous rage and getting even. Bailey Weggins a free lance crime writer, is always finding herself in danger when she begins a story that has a dead body involved. She has the knack to find and ferret out the clues. This, of course, makes her a target even when she may not have all the clues to point a finge ...more
Jenn
Sep 10, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Think of this as "murder mystery light". Tastes ok, and less filling.
Bailey Weggins is our one-dimensional, bland, forgetable crime reporter/NYC tourguide/wanna-be Nancy Drew. She is determined to find the murderer of her "Devil Wears Prada"-esque boss, who may or may not have been killed by recently fired Robby Hart (um...when did he lose his gig as The Wedding Singer?).
I tried to really like this book. It had everything I thought I would like...a headstrong female who doesn't need a man, a my
Linda
Mar 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is the fourth book in Kate White's Bailey Weggins murder mystery series, and although I enjoy all her books, this has been my favorite so far. Set in the busy office of a celebrity gossip magazine, Bailey once again finds herself in the middle of a murder mystery when her boss is bludgeoned in the head. Everyone is suspect since none of the staff, Bailey included, liked her. Kate White always keeps me guessing in her novels until the killer is revealed, but this time, I had an inkling who i ...more
Barbara ★
Unfortunately not a winner for me. I found the writing and dialogue stilted and the characters one-dimensional and too slutty for my taste.
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've read a couple of the other books in Kate White's Bailey Weggins mystery series and I always feel like these are chick-lit mysteries. The mystery is always at the center of the story, but we also get some romance, lux fashion descriptions, and female drama mixed in. Although they definitely aren't cozy mysteries, it is always a nice break from the hard core crime thrillers.

I like Bailey, she's smart and a little rebellious going off on escapades normal people wouldn't go on even though she k
Jenny
Sep 19, 2019 rated it liked it
This book felt like it took me forever to read. I don't know if it's because I was so tired every time I tried to read it or because it just wasn't that compelling. I think it's longer than her 3 previous Bailey books, and it felt that way to me. And the ending was disappointing. (view spoiler)
Meanwhile, Bailey meets the man of her dreams, Beau Regan, a docu
Lynn
Mar 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Listened to this one on audio and the production was good. This was my first Bailey Weggins and it was light, quick and entertaining. A bit sex-in-the-city but the mystery was well done and I didn't figure it out.

One thing I did like is that Bailey, while getting into some danger, does at least have a sense of caution. So many amateur sleuths seem to get themselves blithely into peril but here Bailey mostly took clues to the police and at least thought about not walking down too many dark alleys
Carol
Jan 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
This was another good entry in the series. As I said before I really like that there are multiple suspects to consider and these books keep you guessing until the end. In this book Bailey gets fired from her job at Gloss Magazine and is hired as a crime writer at another celebrity rag, Buzz. Her mean new boss is soon murdered and it is up to this grown up Nancy Drew to solve the crime. The author keeps things interesting by having Bailey switch jobs to Buzz Magazine. This was a quick and enjoyab ...more
Carol
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Language. The story was good but TOO LONG! The good part was I never saw the ending coming.
Bailey Weggins is a writer who was fired from Gloss and then landed a job at Buzz writing about crimes the celebrities commit. And her career starts out with a bang when her boss is murdered in her office. Who dunnit and why - as Bailey tries to find out the answers she puts her own life on the line.
Kmweber
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book. It kept my interest to the very end and I never would have guessed the killer which is always a plus! Some parts seemed to drag and become repetitive when it came to her being a reporter but to be fair it made it realistic. It showed what it is really like to be a reporter. I recommend this book and am interested in ready the rest of the series.
sandy goldstein
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
She Does It Again

Bailey just happens to be around when another murder is committed. As usual, there are lots of suspects and Bailey is in danger as well as is her love life. However , she still manages to solve the crime.
Alyssa
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
This is not my favorite in this series so far. The character has an unexpected twist in their life and has a new mystery to solve with it. Odd. Some white slow at times. Not terrible. Just not great.
Susan Gottfried
Sep 02, 2020 rated it liked it
DNF around the 100 page mark.

Honestly? I got bored quickly with this. There wasn't much at stake, the people weren't terribly interesting or unique, and there was nothing that set Bailey herself apart from a crowded field.
Painter9300
Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was ok
The book was not bad, it was boring. Bailey, the main character, was likable but the story lagged the pace was slow. The details included whether she took a cab or a train or whether she drove her jeep. Who cares. I have read other books of Kate White's and I liked them but not this one. ...more
Becky Swenson
Jan 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
I’ve loved the previous books in the series by her and this book was good too, it just seemed slow going until the last 75 pages. It hasn’t turned me off this series, just was a little tough to finish.
Ashley FL
Jun 29, 2017 rated it liked it
The main character funds enough dead bodies that it seems hazardous to know her. But these light and breezy mysteries are perfect summer reads!
Cassidy
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Wasn't feeling this one. The main character annoyed me. Maybe a sign to step away from this series. ...more
Lori
Nov 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Good, didn’t figure it out until the end. Will keep looking for her other books
Peggy Daub
Jul 07, 2018 rated it liked it
A light read that wasn't really my cup of tea. A lot of time spent on discussing what everyone was wearing and what they thought about each other's appearance! ...more
Robyn Penedo
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I usually can figure out who did it...but not here. Great characters definately going to read the other Bailey Weggins Mysteries. Love it.
Tammy
Jul 27, 2018 rated it liked it
I didn't enjoy this one quite as much, not sure why Story just didn't flow for me. ...more
Rachel Enochs
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great novel, keeps you guessing through the end!
Dana
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I like Bailey and she's always a fun read and its interesting to see what she stumbles into next - and the newest boyfriend. ...more
Candace
Oct 28, 2019 rated it liked it
I love this character and I just really enjoy this series!
Jan Rabinowitz
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this one!
Stacy
This series is a perfect mix of mysteries and chick lit.
Pam
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened, audiobook
really enjoyed
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Killer Comfort Food (Farm-to-Fork Mystery #5)
  • The Last Sister (Columbia River, #1)
  • Once Bitten (Melanie Travis, #8)
  • Red Leaves
  • Winner Cake All (Chef-to-Go Mystery #3)
  • Rated
  • Death's Half Acre (Deborah Knott Mysteries, #14)
  • The Girl Who Disappeared Twice (Forensic Instincts, #1)
  • The Playground
  • Gwendy's Magic Feather (The Button Box, #2)
  • The Christmas Spirits on Tradd Street (Tradd Street, #6)
  • The Gift
  • Blackfly Season (John Cardinal and Lise Delorme Mystery, #3)
  • The Last Passenger (Charles Lenox Mysteries, #0.3)
  • The Girl from Widow Hills
  • A Duke She Can't Refuse (The Impossible Balfours Book 1)
  • Lipstick and Lies (Murder In Style, #2)
  • The Last Widow (Will Trent, #9)
Kate White is the New York Times bestselling author of fifteen novels of suspense: seven standalone psychological thrillers, including Have You Seen Me? (an Amazon Editors’ mystery and thriller pick for 2020), as well as eight Bailey Weggins mysteries.

Her next suspense novel, The Fiancée, will be published on June 29, 2021.

For fourteen years Kate served as the editor-in-chief of Cosmopolitan magaz

Bailey Weggins Mystery (8 books)
  • If Looks Could Kill (Bailey Weggins Mystery, #1)
  • A Body to Die For (Bailey Weggins Mystery, #2)
  • 'Til Death Do Us Part (Bailey Weggins Mystery, #3)
  • Lethally Blond (Bailey Weggins Mystery #5)
  • So Pretty it Hurts (Bailey Weggins Mystery #6)
  • Even if it Kills Her (Bailey Weggins Mystery #7)
  • Such a Perfect Wife

News & Interviews

“Though I couldn’t see it, I knew the Atlantic was behind the buildings on the other side of the street. Everything seemed so alien that it was hard to believe I was only a few miles from Manhattan.” 0 likes
“their heads popping up prairie-dog style from their cubes.” 0 likes