Start by marking “Jail Bird” as Want to Read:
Jail Bird

Jail Bird

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  722 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
Murder, loyalty and vengeance collide in Jessie Keane's gritty fourth novel.
Published December 1st 2010 by HarperTorch (first published May 27th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Jail Bird, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jail Bird

Best Crime Books & More
Jessie Keane is an author that had her debut novel `Dirty Game' published in 2008. It was the first in the Annie Bailey series of books and was followed by `Black Widow' and `Scarlet Women' in 2009.

I read her first book and was hooked. Annie Bailey was such a great character and I was fearful that Jessie Keane would follow the all too predictable path that others do of relying too much on a good thing.

After reading all three in the Annie Bailey Series I was even more worried. How on earth could
Book Addict Shaun
Jan 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow. After losing my way with reading I couldn't get into anything, but it just shows that if you pick the right book you can enjoy reading again. And what a book this was. Jessie Keane is a fantastic author, and I don't think it's possible for her to write a bad book! Most authors have a few hiccups along the way, maybe get a bit lazy, but I can't see that happening here, every single book of Jessie's has been a five star read for me, absolutely unputdownable books that you want to scream about ...more
Sep 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime, favourites
I thought same old same old when i started reading this. I've read a few Martina Cole and thought here we go. But then I thought - why is that a bad thing because I enjoy her books too. I loved this book - the ending was great and it's a real page-turner. Am looking forward to reading all her other books now I've discovered her
Julia Charles
Apr 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First book I purchased on my new kindle, and I read it in just over 24 hrs. I could not put it down and it's so true what the publishers say, if you like Martina Cole you will LOVE this! It is so fast paced, and has you guessing right to the very end. Fantastic!
Carole Sarvis
Good read
Donna Meade
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
amazing twist at the end!

Such an excellent read, wasn't expecting it to end like that.
Definitely worth reading, will definitely be reading more by this author.
Lainy
Aug 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Time taken to read - 1 day

Publisher - Harper (Harper Collins Publishers)

Blurb from Goodreads

Murder, loyalty and vengeance collide in Jessie Keane’s gritty fourth novel.

Lily King has spent years behind bars

Convicted of murdering her husband, London villain Leo King, she hasn’t been missed. Everyone believes she got what she deserved, but Lily knows she was fitted up.

Now she’s out, and she doesn’t do forgiveness. In her absence, things have moved on and the old order has changed. But now she’s rea
Michael Smith
Aug 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My thump-up all the way to the last page. Jail Bird has a compelling story line, drama and twists. The characters are engaging and come alive as I turn the pages.

Just out of prison with mystery still surrounding the exact circumstances of the murder of Leo King, Lily shows character and tenacity in finding out who murdered her husband.

Lily’s daughters Saz and Oli are aslo outstanding and shows genuine emotions, though I don’t think that Saz coming at her mother with a knife like she did comes
Kayleigh
Aug 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was very much in the vein of Martina Cole (but I suppose most books in the Crime genre get that comparison) and that was just as well because I really enjoy her books.
This held my attention nicely. I feel like the idea was stronger than the execution but this was not a bad read at all. I could have done without the epilogue with it's 'shocking twist' because I didn't really see why it was necessary, the story had rounded itself up nicely but that said, it didn't ruin it for me.
I'd definit
Grace
Oct 25, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books-read

This was the first book written by this author and although you can see in her later books that her style is more polished, it was a good story. The first book that I read by Jessie Keane and I loved it and have since read many of her books. She is similar to Martina Cole but different enough to make a difference and her books for me are always entertaining.
  • Two Faced
  • The Schemer
  • Taken
  • Dangerous Lady (Maura Ryan, #1)
  • Trust Nobody
Now what about me? I’ve done a lot of writing, but way back before I even dreamed I could be a professional writer I was just the youngest in a big family. My Dad was a surveyor with an edge of brilliance. My Mum was from gipsy roots and used to drive around in a goat-cart (yes, really!) when she was little. Once we were rich (although I didn’t know it then, and it was all thanks to my Dad’s ingen ...more
More about Jessie Keane...