Start by marking “Dirty Bombshell: From Thyroid Cancer Back to Fabulous!” as Want to Read:
Dirty Bombshell: From Thyroid Cancer Back to Fabulous!

Dirty Bombshell: From Thyroid Cancer Back to Fabulous!

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  59 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
A treasured read. I learned, laughed, and cried. I will pass on this remarkable resource. - Dawn Eger Rizzo, Thyroid Cancer Survivor Unflappable, witty, honest, and inspirational describe Lorna's exploration of her journey. As a survivor of kidney cancer, I was awed, captivated, and encouraged by the positive nature of Lorna's personal philosophy. - Marsha E. Bergquist, Ca ...more
Published November 30th 2010 by Authorhouse

To ask other readers questions about Dirty Bombshell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dirty Bombshell

Aimie
Aug 03, 2012 added it
Shelves: did-not-finish
I read more than 100 pages to give it a chance, but I just could not handle reading anymore of her whining and negative attitude.
Gee Whizz... did she sook!
Before anyone complains that she is going through cancer she is allowed to be upset, make sure you read the book first. I actually had a go at someone who also posted a bad review when I had just started this and was only a couple of pages in. I have now apologised for my outburst.
I have been through Thyroid Cancer myself and bought this to
Blts
Mar 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Nothing good about cancer but this book is good if you or a family member is facing thyroid cancer. Be warned, while the authors life is busy and cancer isn't fun for anyone, she didn't have to face it while taking care of kids which might make some perceive it as a little whiny.
Dimitria
Oct 26, 2011 rated it it was ok
I appreciate the essence of this book, but the author was exceedingly narcissistic regarding her personal accomplishments and the relationships she has. I expected more patient insight in a book of this nature. Oh, and her utterly whiny attitude was off-putting to say the least.
Cheryl
Jan 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was recently diagnosed with thyroid cancer and someone in the thyca support group recommended this book to me. It has helped to read Lorna's humorous but honest take on her journey through thyroid cancer and its treatment. Parts of this book actually made me feel overwhelmed because Lorna doesn't have any children and she spent a significant amount of time talking about being hypo and how tired she was, how she couldn't function, etc. I realize everyone's experiences will be different even if ...more
Jayne
Dec 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
As a thyroid cancer survivor, I can appreciate what the author went through from her diagnosis to her treatment and beyond. She is speaking about a cancer few are aware of and the treatment that follows and makes us what journalists have called "walking dirty bombs." She is expressing the oppressive feelings that our endos and surgeons cause us to live through. So many call this the "easy cancer" or the "happily-ever after cancer" and it is not and Lorna gets that point through. And while she do ...more
Nicole McGee
There were quite a few typos in this. (It bothered me that family members "protested" their love for their grandfather rather than "professed" their love for him.) It was kind of hard for me to relate to all the trips she was able to take during her recovery (sure wish I could've gone to Key West and a spa to relax after having surgery!) but still an inspiring story about how she "worked the C" and went on to make a positive impact in her community after being diagnosed with thyroid cancer.
Lorri
Nov 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the humor throughout this book. I had never thought about thyroid cancer before, but have a pretty good understanding now what someone with it has to go through to recover. Along with this personal story is pictures of Lorna and resources to find out more or to help in some way, making it not only interesting to read by useful. It's definitely worth reading! Lorna will also be on a new reality tv series, Wicked Fit on STYLE Network, beginning on October 23, 2011 at 9/8c.
Raving Redcoat
An interesting little book. While Brunelle often comes off a bit full of herself, her story is useful as a window into the ups and downs faced by people who deal with that dreaded diagnosis. Well worth reading.
Juliana
Sep 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I can't express enough how thankful I am for Lorna to have shared her experience, as a thyroid cancer survivor I wish I could have all of my family, friends and colleagues read this book to better understand what I went through. She is very funny and has an amazing story to share.
Melissa Mclaughlin
This book is a great resource for someone just diagnosed, in treatment, post surgery or anyone who just wants a great story. Wish I had this when I was first diagnosed. Thyroid cancer is when off the fastest growing cancers in the area I live in. This is a great book.
Kristin Bateman
Jun 22, 2011
Stacey Feehley
May 01, 2014
Robin
rated it did not like it
Sep 24, 2015