Start by marking “Treasures from Grandma's Attic” as Want to Read:
Treasures from Grandma's Attic

Treasures from Grandma's Attic (Grandma's Attic #4)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  570 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Journey back to Grandma’s childhood on a Michigan farm in the 1800s for heartwarming stories that inspire faith and godly character. Arleta Richardson’s beloved series, Grandma’s Attic, returns with Treasures from Grandma's Attic, the fourth in the refreshed classic collection for girls 8 to 12. This compilation of tales recounts humorous and poignant memories from Grandma ...more
Published August 1st 2011 by David C. Cook (first published January 1st 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Treasures from Grandma's Attic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Treasures from Grandma's Attic

Nicola Mansfield
Oct 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Continuing along in the same format as the first two books, Arleta is living with her Grandmother and Uncle Roy. Each chapter is an individual story which starts off with Arleta in the present and her grandmother ends up telling her a tale of when she was a little girl in the 1880's. The time frame has moved ahead a little bit from the previous two books though Mabel (Grandma) does go back as far as being six years old; she is mostly 12/13 and the majority of the stories involve her and her best ...more
Sunflower
Arleta Richardson's books are treasures from the past.

For those who are familiar with her work, these were books, that late at night, during summer vacations and with friends, we would read stories out loud and giggle at each stories....Growing up, reading these books now, is a trip back to simpler times before internet, social media, cell phones, television....everything and giggling at how different times are now for the people in Richardson's book and the times now.

Little girls would love how
Aug 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Title: TREASURES FROM GRANDMA’S ATTIC
Author: Arleta Richardson
Publisher: David C. Cook
August 2011
ISBN: 978-0-7814-0382-6
Genre: Inspirational/nonfiction/young adult/memoir

When I was a little girl, I owned a series of books called Grandma’s Attic, stories about a grandmother when she was a little girl back in the 1880s. Well, now-a-days, little girls’ grandmothers were born in the 40’s, 50’s, and even 60’s, so they don’t get first hand stories about how their great-great-whatever grandmothers used
Elizabeth
Aug 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: with-the-kids
This is the fourth book in the series and is almost a stand-alone volume. The first 3 books are all told in a storyteller style with anecdotes from the author leading to stories from Mabel (Grandma). The final 6 books are all a straight narrative style. And in-between is this book.

There are stories in this book, and they are anecdotes from preteen/early teen Mabel's point-of-view. Some of the stories are not as well crafted as the first books (Christmas Spirit, Really Responsible), but it may be
Maureen Timerman
Aug 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011-read
Again I loved this book, so refreshing and sweet. Mable and Sarah Jane sure can get into a lot of trouble, but they seem to present a great lesson each time.
This time in our Country is back when a public school allowed prayer and bible study. What a great loss we as a Nation have been given.
Just a few of the adventures in this book include Mable and her perfect paper?? Also the Great Aunt that no one seems to like?? You will love the Farewell Party they want to give to their beloved teacher Mis
Jessica
Jun 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, 3rd-grade
Sweet short stories that my 5 and even 3 (almost 4 year old) liked to listen to me read aloud. Each chapter is a new story so that was nice. Generally each chapter incorporates a virtue or some sort of character building from the bible. Nothing major but gets the point across in in a simple manner.

We'll probably read the other books in the series. My five year old was excited about the possibility to read them again on her own when she is older.

I labeled it for the 3rd grade as recommended read
Cheryl
Sep 25, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Treasure from Grandma’s Attic, Mabel and Sarah Jane are older. Thus, so are the stories. The stories are not so carefree but also start to touch on issues like dying, crushes, and deceiving to name a few. Of course, I still liked reading these stories. I just felt a little sad that Mabel and Sarah Jane were growing up. I know that they had to but in my mind I will still picture them as little girls playing dress up.
Amber French
Sep 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed these books! I read "Grandma's Attic" when I was in middle school and loved it! I was excited at the opportunity to be able to read the stories again. I laughed at Mabel's experiences, wondering how one girl could find herself in so many "scrapes." I think the story about the face cream might be one of my favorites. I liked how the stories weren't super long, making them good for quick reads. I like everything about the books - really great reads!
My Mom read these books to me and my siblings one year. They are the best!
Mary
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just delightful!
Rita
Feb 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My kids love these books. They're sweet and simple. Good read-alouds.
joy *the clean-reader extraordinaire*
i just stumbled upon this author again. i'm pretty sure i read every one of the grandma's attic books as a young girl, and will look forward to reading them again with my little one.
Amanda
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely adore this series! Life lessons with Christian themes packaged in hilarious stories of mischief and misunderstandings. I would love to find books for boys this well-written and meaningful. J and I thoroughly enjoyed.
Hannah
Aug 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The stories here are older, like the girls. They're growing up, and it's hard, with harder lessons and harder falls. Still, the friendship between Sarah Jane and Mabel is strong and loyal, even after all these years. And Ma's pretty great as well. And all these years, all these lessons, just keep pointing them back to God. :)
Lindsay Allison
Hannah
Sep 01, 2015
Aren Lerner
Nov 03, 2015
  • The Mandie Collection, Volume 1 (Mandie #1-5)
  • The Gospel Story Bible: Discovering Jesus in the Old and New Testaments
  • Delirious: My Journey with the Band, a Growing Family, and an Army of Historymakers
  • Voyage with the Vikings (Imagination Station, #1)
  • Hell Is Real (But I Hate to Admit It)
  • Mirror Ball: Living Boldly and Shining Brightly for the Glory of God
  • Courage to Run: A Story Based on the Life of Harriet Tubman
  • True Courage: Emboldened by God in a Disheartening World
  • Star of Light
  • 52 Things Kids Need from a Mom: What Mothers Can Do to Make a Lifelong Difference
  • Hero Tales
  • Weddings and Wasabi (Sushi, #4)
  • Millie's Faithful Heart (A Life of Faith: Millie Keith #4)
  • PrayerWalk: Becoming a Woman of Prayer, Strength, and Discipline
  • Dawn of the Golden Promise (Emerald Ballad #5)
  • Maggie's Dare: The Great Awakening
Arleta Richardson was an author, librarian, and a teacher. The Grandma's Attic series was her most well known series. She was born in Flint, MI, and served in World War II. She belonged to the Free Methodist Church.

More about Arleta Richardson...

Grandma's Attic (10 books)
  • In Grandma's Attic (Grandma's Attic, #1)