Start by marking “The Church That Never Sleeps: The Amazing Story That Will Change Your View of Church Forever” as Want to Read:

It began when a small group of believers stepped out in faith-against all odds-and claimed the Queen of Angels Hospital in downtown Los Angeles for the cause of Christ. Now 200 different ministries in the Los Angeles International Church reach out to thousands of residents. Innovative programs minister to AIDS victims, the homeless, battered women, drug and alcohol addicts

Published (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The Church That Never Sleeps, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Church That Never Sleeps

Start your review of The Church That Never Sleeps: The Amazing Story That Will Change Your View of Church Forever
Rod
Oct 24, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christianity
A very inspiring book. A little light theologically (but that's just me...they do claim to be part of the Assemblies of God after all.)

This is a book of their ministry in Los Angeles. It sounds amazing and I hope God blesses it mightily.
Simon Semelin
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Dream center är en kyrka i LA:s innerstad som finns tull för stadens utsatta. Han berättar om hur kyrkan har grundats och dess verksamhet.
Vi måste våga lita på att Gud hjälper oss i våra projekt. Vi behöver kliva ur vår bekvämlighetszon och ut i verkligheten. "

Ger en bra bild av vad som är viktigt för en kyrka. Stig ut i samhället 3h i veckan så kommer stora saker att hända.
Carol Brown
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

A must read for every Christian. I have read all of his books and loved them life changing. It’s not about me. It’s about bringing God’s love to the world around me. Matthew has an incredible heart for others no matter who they are and where they come from. May we all be like that.
Finley Neal
Mar 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Church That Never Sleeps by Matthew Barnett is the story of The Dream Center and it's ministries to the inner city of Los Angeles CA. Rev Barnett arrives to a church that is all but dead. It has no real connection to the inner city around it. No outreach to the people. Through a dedication of love and finding the needs of the community, the church rebounds and expands to a life saving station that changes the soul of the neighborhood. I was given this book by a friend & fellow member of my c ...more
Marja Verschoor-Meijers
Great testimony of how the Dream Center in Los Angeles came to be. I totally admire Matthew's courage to start a ministry in the gang infested neighbourhoods of Los Angeles. His story is very inspiring and even more so encouraging! If you're even vaguely thinking of starting a ministry, read this book!
Heather Djama
Apr 19, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book tells the remarkable story of a young man who dared to dream that the inner city could be different. He gave the city of LA his heart and hard work and trusted God to take care of the details. As a result God has done some great things through the Dream Center in LA. This book will inspire you to dream big and to never limit God and what he can do!
Emil Bredahl
An ok book that taught me some interesting points.a little confusing book that talked about way to many things at the same time. Would have been better if he could have caught some few important points and then gone in depth with those in a practical way.
I respect and love the ministry of Dream Center and Matthew Barnett, but this book could for me have been better and more organized.
Melanie Mattsson
One fantastic book that tells the story about how Los Angeles Dream Center (LADC) started.
Brian
Read in 2001. True story. A man reaches out to street folks in L.A. And starts a mega church helping drug addicts, prostitutes and gang members. The church still reaches people today. Inspiring read.
Christian

• Next Generation Leader: 5 Essentials for Those Who Will Shape the Future
  • After Auschwitz
  • The Storyteller
  • Servolution: Starting a Church Revolution through Serving
  • You Have a Brain: A Teen's Guide to T.H.I.N.K. B.I.G.
  • We Must Be Brave
  • The Paris Orphan
There is more than one Matthew Barnettin the Goodreads catalog. This entry is for Matthew ^ Barnett, religious writer.

News & Interviews

“If you live your life with palms up, you’ll be happy only at Christmastime and your birthday, but if you live your life with palms down, you’ll be happy 365 days a year.” 1 likes